Two serious bids in for the club

Snake

According to Keith Harris, sale should be completed by the new year

Orville declined to comment

However the monkey said 'oooooo I hate that duck'

Is the plan to get past the next transfer window? :D

it's got to be before the window closes

Anyone getting the feeling MA wants to stay? :D

The feeling among our group has swung from "he has to go" to "he can stay as long as we're winning".

That's what only losing one in five can do for your popularity.

:woosh:

The feeling among our group has swung from "he has to go" to "he can stay as long as we're winning".

"You only had to blow the bloody doors off"!!

I said by Christmas all would be forgiven with a few wins.

The problem then becomes selling a load of players in the January transfer window and only bringing in some 13 year olds, before doing worse in the summer.

If they have serious money then as long as its by mid Jan it should be okay - see Man City as an example.

Of course I'd presume if they knew it was going to be tight they'd have a manager sorted and he would have a shopping list.

We still need rid of the cunt ASAP hopefully this is all sorted before the next transfer window.

yup. we're not out of the shit just yet. i think we need to know either way before the next window closes or it could still be a difficult season

My thinking now is that given the equality of the league, we should be okay even muddling through but a better manager and a productive window could easily see us push for where we should have been aiming for all along.

Nothing Ashley could (or would) do would make me want him to stay. I simply can't forget his lying or the stupid setup he put in place which caused Keegan to go.

Seymour Pierce chairman Keith Harris claims two 'very serious' candidates have emerged as possible buyers of Newcastle.

Harris is brokering the sale of Newcastle after he was appointed in September by current owner Mike Ashley to identify potential buyers for the Tyneside outfit.

Harris refused to identify the interested parties, but is hopeful that a sale will go through before the end of the year or early in the new year.

"We have two very serious contenders to buy it," Harris said at the FT Sport Industry Summit in London.

Seven parties were reported to be interested in buying Newcastle and Harris has admitted it has been a hard job trying to sort out a deal.

"We have had Nigerians that don't exist, and South Africans told by the media they were bidding," added Harris.

"The truth of the matter is that the phone has rung several times, frequently because I have made the calls - but they have reacted to them.

"It is not easy doing anything in this world whether it's selling a football club or anything else, but it will come through."

"The truth of the matter is that the phone has rung several times, frequently because I have made the calls - but they have reacted to them.[/b]

Fuck me, you mean you actually did what you are getting paid to do and didn't just wait by the phone for calls.

Seymour Pierce chairman Keith Harris claims two 'very serious' candidates have emerged as possible buyers of Newcastle.

Harris is brokering the sale of Newcastle after he was appointed in September by current owner Mike Ashley to identify potential buyers for the Tyneside outfit.

Harris refused to identify the interested parties, but is hopeful that a sale will go through before the end of the year or early in the new year.

"We have two very serious contenders to buy it," Harris said at the FT Sport Industry Summit in London.

Seven parties were reported to be interested in buying Newcastle and Harris has admitted it has been a hard job trying to sort out a deal.

"We have had Nigerians that don't exist, and South Africans told by the media they were bidding," added Harris.

"The truth of the matter is that the phone has rung several times, frequently because I have made the calls - but they have reacted to them.

"It is not easy doing anything in this world whether it's selling a football club or anything else, but it will come through."

Harris is getting confused by his own rumour mongering now...

""I think it's certainly likely that the next owner of Newcastle United will come away from these shores," Harris told Sky Sports News. "Whether it is from the Middle East is another matter, but I think it is a reasonable assumption to say the new owner will not be a Brit.

"We have had now for seven or eight days seven seriously interested parties and within that group we have taken the chance now to start honing down the list.

"So far nobody has dropped out and we have been asking people to begin to sharpen their pencils.

"They are not from these shores. There is a strong international element to them and that is not surprising as clearly wealth has been generated away from these shores more than it has been within these shores

"The Premiership is a major entertainment and TV content provider throughout the world, increasingly in the United States and is very well established in South East Asia, China, in India and certainly in the Middle East.

"And I don't think you would be surprised if the nationality of the new owner were to come from any of those parts of the world."

Harris admitted he had spoken to some parties from Nigeria and South Africa, but he admits they are among the seven parties they are currently talking to.

"I have read about it [the Nigerian and South African interest] just like a lot of other people have and I think we have to distinguish between interest and serious interest," added Harris.

"We have certainly had people talk to us from those parts of the world but we haven't deemed them to be serious interest because the one or two very simple criteria we have asked people to come up with haven't been established."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4339603,00.html

With a propensity for lying to fans like this it's no wonder Ashley wanted him on the payroll.

""I think it's certainly likely that the next owner of Newcastle United will come away from these shores," Harris told Sky Sports News. "Whether it is from the Middle East is another matter, but I think it is a reasonable assumption to say the new owner will not be a Brit.

"We have had now for seven or eight days seven seriously interested parties and within that group we have taken the chance now to start honing down the list.

"So far nobody has dropped out and we have been asking people to begin to sharpen their pencils.

"They are not from these shores. There is a strong international element to them and that is not surprising as clearly wealth has been generated away from these shores more than it has been within these shores

"The Premiership is a major entertainment and TV content provider throughout the world, increasingly in the United States and is very well established in South East Asia, China, in India and certainly in the Middle East.

"And I don't think you would be surprised if the nationality of the new owner were to come from any of those parts of the world."

Harris admitted he had spoken to some parties from Nigeria and South Africa, but he admits they are among the seven parties they are currently talking to.

"I have read about it [the Nigerian and South African interest] just like a lot of other people have and I think we have to distinguish between interest and serious interest," added Harris.

"We have certainly had people talk to us from those parts of the world but we haven't deemed them to be serious interest because the one or two very simple criteria we have asked people to come up with haven't been established."

With a propensity for lying to fans like this it's no wonder Ashley wanted him on the payroll.

To be fair to him, the quote in the second text only says that he had more or less only read about it, but weren't seen as serious because they couldn't provide simple things to establish that there is a genuine interest. So to say, that they don't seem to exist isn't really a contradiction tbh.

Another cunt on the gravy train by the looks of it.

While I'd question the integrity of any statements emanating from anyone working for the club at present, I agree with Isegrim in that there's no real contradiction in what Harris has said.

The London-based businessman fronting the Nigerian bid to buy Newcastle United has reacted angrily to suggestions that the offer is not real.

Chris Nathaniel branded comments by Keith Harris - the man tasked with selling the club - that no Nigerian consortium existed as "stupid".

"We have had Nigerians that don't exist and South Africans told by the media that they were bidding," Harris said.

A group of South African businessmen have also been linked with the club.

"I really can't get my head around why anyone would make such a stupid statement," Nathaniel told BBC Sport.

[My clients] will be very disappointed and very angry [with these comments]."

"The bid certainly still exists. We're currently getting a financial adviser on board to take the bid forward with Newcastle."

There's no shortage of takers that will take their [the Nigerian bidders] money for a football club

Chris Nathaniel

Nathaniel also said that his unnamed Nigerian clients may take their money elsewhere.

"There's no shortage of takers that will take their money for a football club.

"They're businessmen, they want to get a club in the Premiership and it doesn't necessarily have to be Newcastle.

"Newcastle are not the only club available."

Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, said two "very serious" foreign investors have emerged as contenders to buy the club.

He would not name those involved but said he hoped a sale would be concluded by early next year.

The club was put up for sale in September by owner Mike Ashley, who is thought to be asking in the region of £250m ($400).

The London-based businessman fronting the Nigerian bid to buy Newcastle United has reacted angrily to suggestions that the offer is not real.

Chris Nathaniel branded comments by Keith Harris - the man tasked with selling the club - that no Nigerian consortium existed as "stupid".

"We have had Nigerians that don't exist and South Africans told by the media that they were bidding," Harris said.

"I really can't get my head around why anyone would make such a stupid statement," Nathaniel told BBC Sport.

"The bid certainly still exists. We're currently getting a financial adviser on board to take the bid forward with Newcastle."

There's no shortage of takers that will take their [the Nigerian bidders] money for a football club

Chris Nathaniel

Nathaniel also said that his unnamed Nigerian clients may take their money elsewhere.

"They're businessmen, they want to get a club in the Premiership and it doesn't necessarily have to be Newcastle.

Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, said two "very serious" foreign investors have emerged as contenders to buy the club.

He would not name those involved but said he hoped a sale would be concluded by early next year.

The club was put up for sale in September by owner Mike Ashley, who is thought to be asking in the region of £250m ($400).

I don't think there is anyone concrete.

Chris Nathaniel

Sounds very much to me that the Nigerians have made a very realistic offer which has been snubbed by Ashley.

Ridiculous IMO

Like 2 pensioners arguing over the price of some tat at a flea market.

Harris "Premier league club for sale, roll up roll, up git yourself a bargain!"

Nathaniel "How much like?"

Harris "$400M"

Nathaniel "Do what? You're havin' a laugh intcha?"

Harris "Whey make an offer!"

Nathaniel "$200M"

Harris "Do what? You're havin' a laugh intcha? Move out of the way and stop blocking the stall"

Nathaniel "I saw a far better club on a stall at the other end of the car park you kno, I just don't want to walk all the way back. $220M?"