Kinnear.

Park Life

Kinnear how long?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I doubt we'd be much better off. Maybe a couple of points better off - Hull and the Mackems being draws. The reason we've struggled is the injuries to key players and the lack of quality to come in.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U-turns!!

We'd be 5th now without Jonas, Barton etc playing those previous games, who are now fresher having played less games but they would fizzle out before the end of the season even though we are only in the FA Cup and the prem?

Convoluted reasoning that like.

Not really - I'm saying Keegan would have "inspired" the similar teams that did play in the 3 or 4 games I mentioned to better results. That doesn't blind me to the difference between that and 38 games for which I think the squad is weak.

But then surely with the better players coming back in, we would have consolidated the better position we would have been in.

:D

U-turns!!

We'd be 5th now without Jonas, Barton etc playing those previous games, who are now fresher having played less games but they would fizzle out before the end of the season even though we are only in the FA Cup and the prem?

Not really - I'm saying Keegan would have "inspired" the similar teams that did play in the 3 or 4 games I mentioned to better results. That doesn't blind me to the difference between that and 38 games for which I think the squad is weak.

But then surely with the better players coming back in, we would have consolidated the better position we would have been in.

Yes - until more injuries/form loss would have taken their toll.

U-turns!!

So, with a bit of luck on injuries we would have been 5th.

Shame.

What a daft poll.

Kinnear will be the last dregs of the Ashley regime for me and I don't think he will quite cut if full time.

Perhaps till the end of the season at best.

What a daft poll.

Kinnear will be the last dregs of the Ashley regime for me and I don't think he will quite cut if full time.

My feelings exactly, he's okay for the time being but long term I'd rather have someone who wasn't anything to do with Ashley.

KK walking and MA appointing JK could be the thing that saves your season.

With Keegan we'd have 7 or 8 more points and be about 5th.

So Keegan was wrong to walk then since he had the first squad capable of challeging for 5th in years?

:woosh:

U-turns!!

And other teams won't suffer with injuries or lose form?

Or are you saying the likes of Everton, Villa, Portsmouth and Hull have more strength in depth than us?

He's doing OK as a stand in but we need to get the club sold and get a long term solution in place. My concern is that if the sale drags out and we continue to do ok someone else in relegation trouble in the championship might offer him a proper contract. Watford have just got rid of Boothroyd and Pardew is hanging on by his fingernails at Charlton

He's the Interim manager and he is doing better than expected respect for that. He is better than Poyet and or Wise. Keegan I do not want back lets go forward without tarnishing the memories of the Messiah cos I'm sure something similar will happen again. One thing for sure Ashley is a gonner.

U-turns!!

Or are you saying the likes of Everton, Villa, Portsmouth and Hull have more strength in depth than us?

I think Villa have for one - Man City will have.

If every team could play ther best 11 give or take 1 or 2 players in nearly all their games I think we would have a really good season - my concern has always been squad depth which is where the fundamental lack of understanding of the regime floundered imo.

U-turns!!

I think Villa have for one - Man City will have.

If every team could play ther best 11 give or take 1 or 2 players in nearly all their games I think we would have a really good season - my concern has always been squad depth which is where the fundamental lack of understanding of the regime floundered imo.

Villa's bench last night was Guzan, Davies, Knight, Salifou, Gardner, Harewood and Sidwell with Bouma and Petrov being their only injury problem.

Compare that to our bench of Harper, Guthrie, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Geremi, Cacapa and Owen with Viduka, Gonzalez, Xisco and Smith out injured.

I don't see where the strength in depth of Villa's squad is compared to ours, Man City are different as they have huge funding now which we will be extremely lucky if we get someone take over who can compete anywhere near them, even so their bench in their last game was Schmeichel, Onuoha, Garrido, Fernandes, Caicedo, Hamann and Sturridge, hardly World beaters ready to step in.

Just to point out that I'm not saying we don't need more players because we clearly do, preferably another body in the middle of the park and some cover at the back, the point is the reaction of Keegan and the fans has been blown out of proportion to what happened and with yourself even admitting that you think we would be 5th if he had stayed confirms it for me.

What a daft poll.

Vote asap then and button it. :D

Just to point out that I'm not saying we don't need more players because we clearly do, preferably another body in the middle of the park and some cover at the back, the point is the reaction of Keegan and the fans has been blown out of proportion to what happened and with yourself even admitting that you think we would be 5th if he had stayed confirms it for me.

I stand by that, that we would be 5th now - however given a "normal" season of injuries etc I think we'd have finished no higher than 10th even with Keegan.

My view has always been that prudent and successful squad strenthening a la Ashley missive would lay out a "plan" something like 13->10->8->6>5->4 etc.

I think a modest initial spend this summer would have cut out the 10 and the 8 which I think isn't expecting too much.

(All approximations of course).

It's not about whether Keegler is here or not, the squad is weak and crock riddled. It wasn't addressed in the summer and looks like won't be in the winter. We've also had a little luck in the last 2 games......

Kinnear is doing his best, but over a season all this will even out.

Depends obviously on whether he can keep getting results, but I'd want him to stay until season's end, even if the club changes ownership in Dec/Jan.

After we avoid relegation, plan for the longer term.

KK walking and MA appointing JK could be the thing that saves your season.

With Keegan we'd have 7 or 8 more points and be about 5th.

So Keegan was wrong to walk then since he had the first squad capable of challeging for 5th in years?

being 5th and contending for it at this stage of the season are two very different things

might as well say Hull are challenging for the champions league places

Villa's bench last night was Guzan, Davies, Knight, Salifou, Gardner, Harewood and Sidwell with Bouma and Petrov being their only injury problem.

Compare that to our bench of Harper, Guthrie, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Geremi, Cacapa and Owen with Viduka, Gonzalez, Xisco and Smith out injured.

I don't see where the strength in depth of Villa's squad is compared to ours, Man City are different as they have huge funding now which we will be extremely lucky if we get someone take over who can compete anywhere near them, even so their bench in their last game was Schmeichel, Onuoha, Garrido, Fernandes, Caicedo, Hamann and Sturridge, hardly World beaters ready to step in.

I thought you'd flounced off in huff?

U-turns!!

Shame.

Do you think Hull will claim a Champions League place this season?

And even if they do ( :woosh: ) do you think they will next season?

U-turns!!

:woosh:

Shame.

Do you think Hull will claim a Champions League place this season?

And even if they do ( :scratchchin: ) do you think they will next season?

I saw Andrew's reply but didnt think the question warranted an answer because its the wrong question.

The question is, if we were in Hull's position now, would people be talking of 5th place being a possibility? Yes, yes they would. They are not for Hull because Hull are this other club who play in Gold and Black from down the coast and aren't Newcastle United. Us being in 5th with our pedigree is a very different proposition to Hull being there. Fwiw there's nothing to say they wont be there at the end of the season other than it would be 'unusual'. Basically fop, repeating his question just made you look equally stupid. If Spurs, Blackburn etc are in 5th now does that mean they are contenders? Are you saying we have the same potential as Hull? :D Idiots.

To come back to the interesting question and continue with NJS's brilliant point though, we'd be in 5th now, having endured a serious injury problem. Now we have the better players back, in this scenario we'd be kicking on. The problem with this point of view is that its inconsistent with other points of view about how shit the squad is.