AgentFox

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More fun if you go TBH.

More tv money when you're on tv.

Isnt it a fixed contract for TV cash?

Think it's a mixture of both. All the clubs get a share of a fixed amount then get additional money for each appearance.

More fun if you go TBH.

It's on a per game basis isn't it? With each club having having a guaranteed number of appearances then the rest at the discretion of the TV companies.

More fun if you go TBH.

Think it's a mixture of both. All the clubs get a share of a fixed amount then get additional money for each appearance.

That seems a tad unfair on the Wigans of this world.

I always thought it was fixed for the league then you get more for the cup appearances.

More fun if you go TBH.

I always thought it was fixed for the league then you get more for the cup appearances.

Depends how you look at it but the Wigans of the world are effectively being subsidised already by the bigger clubs. If each club could / had to negotiate their own contract instead of doing it with all the other teams combined they'd be fucked.

More fun if you go TBH.

Is it unfair that they get less prize money that Man U as well? If they've got an attractive product to sell then they'll sell it, if they don't they won't.

More fun if you go TBH.

It's all about the numbers. More viewers = more advertising revenue = more profit. That's why the likes of Wigan aren't on the box very often, because a) they are quite dull and :D they don't have many fans.

The Premier League’s TV broadcasting deals brings in £2.7 billion over three years. Of this, £22.8 million is paid to every Premier League club as part of an equal share of revenue. On top of this, clubs are paid prize-money relative to their final position in the league (Manchester United got £14.4 million, Derby got £720,000) and then earnings from the live matches in which they are featured (Manchester United, with 25 matches, made £12.1 million, while Derby got the guaranteed minimum payment for clubs no-one watches of £5.6m).

The TV coverage goes on fanbase and potential captive audience, which is the explanation for why we were actually had one more league game on SKY than Chelsea last year. The biggest five clubs normally appear on TV the most every year, and Spurs are usually a long way behind in sixth, largely because there's not the captive audience these bigger clubs garner.

The TV coverage goes on fanbase and potential captive audience, which is the explanation for why we were actually had one more league game on SKY than Chelsea last year. The biggest five clubs normally appear on TV the most every year, and Spurs are usually a long way behind in sixth, largely because there's not the captive audience these bigger clubs garner.

Luckily a successful cup run and the Uefa ensured we were on plenty :D

Oh and a source would be nice to Stevie, we all know you have a habit of embellishing the odd tale.

Edited by Danny B

Oh and a source would be nice to Stevie, we all know you have a habit of embellishing the odd tale.

You're not so thick that you need a source surely? :woosh:

Would it be realistic for someone like Boro to be on live TV more than Chelsea over a season?

Would it be realistic for someone like Boro to be on live TV more than Chelsea over a season?

Ha Ha stop deflecting Stevie. Do you have a source or did you just make it up?

Does it matter?

Really?

Stevie just comes out with random stuff on here to bash opposition team and he makes half of it up.

Its just a bit weird is all.

Ha Ha stop deflecting Stevie. Do you have a source or did you just make it up?

A source that we were on more than Chelsea? Aye there'll be sources.

Good link this started by yet another yid as well.....

Setanta's Obsession With Newcastle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to remove this ad? Please sign in or register.

First of all, apologies if this is not in the correct forum.....

I got BT vision the other month and in general , despite some frustations experienced in the beginning, I'm very pleased with it.

However, as I expressed in a thread I set up a while back, one disappointment I have experienced is the sport package I took up, particularly Setanta Sports. I know this isn't a BT Vision problem so much, but one thing I must ask is this...

In terms of the football's Premier League, why has Setanta Sport got such an obsession with Newcastle? Looking on their site and all the live Premier League fixtures they have shown or are due to show, I was initially disappointed to see that my team, Spurs, only featured twice and that both games were within three weeks of each other back in October, way before I subscribed.

Now 2 as a total represents the fewest number of one team's games they have shown or are scheduled to show, and is something we share in common with Birmingham, Bolton, Reading and Wigan. No Spurs games are being shown this year, something we have in common with Fulham and Reading only.

Contrast this with Man Utd (9 games in total, four this year) and Arsenal (8 games in total, three this year) well the argument that they are more successful clubs in the league that a greater number of people would wish to see holds some water.

But then contrast it with Newcastle... 10 games in total, five of them this year!! Now their slide into the relegation area may have held some interest, and did the appointment of Keegan, but surely most of the scheduling was done before these events took place. And in any case, it hardly warrants them being shown more than any other club in the league and at least twice as much as more than three quarters of the other clubs!!!!!!

So, any ideas? What's the obsession with Newcastle about?

Some of the responses say it all for me.....

lowebb

Forum Member

Services: BT Broadband, BT Vision, Mythtv

Posts: 270 Personally I have no idea why chelsea are shown so little but I can fully understand why Newcastle would be so popular. If you remove top 4 teams (which Sky will take their pick of the majority of times) Newcastle is 'probably' the most popular team, even to the neutral, like myself. So its natural they are picked as the '5th' best team I suppose

Not really. Based on Newcastle's national fan base, Setanta would be right. I am not a Newcastle fan or Setanta user.

I suspect the answer is more to do with the Premiership game schedule and match availability to Setanta. Nothing sinister in it.

21 of our 38 league games were live on Sky or Setanta last season, and it takes an idiot to avoid the fact that it's because there's perhaps three clubs likely to garner a greater viewing audience. 21 games, 11 on SKY 10 on Setanta. I don't know the exact figures but I think it was 12 for Spurs and 9 for Everton. Purely goes on fanbase. There's no other logical explanation.