TV coverage

AgentFox

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good link this started by yet another yid as well.....

Setanta's Obsession With Newcastle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to remove this ad? Please sign in or register.

First of all, apologies if this is not in the correct forum.....

I got BT vision the other month and in general , despite some frustations experienced in the beginning, I'm very pleased with it.

However, as I expressed in a thread I set up a while back, one disappointment I have experienced is the sport package I took up, particularly Setanta Sports. I know this isn't a BT Vision problem so much, but one thing I must ask is this...

In terms of the football's Premier League, why has Setanta Sport got such an obsession with Newcastle? Looking on their site and all the live Premier League fixtures they have shown or are due to show, I was initially disappointed to see that my team, Spurs, only featured twice and that both games were within three weeks of each other back in October, way before I subscribed.

Now 2 as a total represents the fewest number of one team's games they have shown or are scheduled to show, and is something we share in common with Birmingham, Bolton, Reading and Wigan. No Spurs games are being shown this year, something we have in common with Fulham and Reading only.

Contrast this with Man Utd (9 games in total, four this year) and Arsenal (8 games in total, three this year) well the argument that they are more successful clubs in the league that a greater number of people would wish to see holds some water.

But then contrast it with Newcastle... 10 games in total, five of them this year!! Now their slide into the relegation area may have held some interest, and did the appointment of Keegan, but surely most of the scheduling was done before these events took place. And in any case, it hardly warrants them being shown more than any other club in the league and at least twice as much as more than three quarters of the other clubs!!!!!!

So, any ideas? What's the obsession with Newcastle about?

Some of the responses say it all for me.....

lowebb

Forum Member

Services: BT Broadband, BT Vision, Mythtv

Posts: 270 Personally I have no idea why chelsea are shown so little but I can fully understand why Newcastle would be so popular. If you remove top 4 teams (which Sky will take their pick of the majority of times) Newcastle is 'probably' the most popular team, even to the neutral, like myself. So its natural they are picked as the '5th' best team I suppose

Not really. Based on Newcastle's national fan base, Setanta would be right. I am not a Newcastle fan or Setanta user.

I suspect the answer is more to do with the Premiership game schedule and match availability to Setanta. Nothing sinister in it.

21 of our 38 league games were live on Sky or Setanta last season, and it takes an idiot to avoid the fact that it's because there's perhaps three clubs likely to garner a greater viewing audience. 21 games, 11 on SKY 10 on Setanta. I don't know the exact figures but I think it was 12 for Spurs and 9 for Everton. Purely goes on fanbase. There's no other logical explanation.

Well I cant talk about the past because I dont have the data...not that you did either, just some old post of some forum :D

but these are the upcoming fixtures:

http://www.premierleague.com/page/UKAndIre...,,12306,00.html

And we are on once more than you before early Feb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got BT vision the other month and in general , despite some frustations experienced in the beginning, I'm very pleased with it.

However, as I expressed in a thread I set up a while back, one disappointment I have experienced is the sport package I took up, particularly Setanta Sports. I know this isn't a BT Vision problem so much, but one thing I must ask is this...

In terms of the football's Premier League, why has Setanta Sport got such an obsession with Newcastle? Looking on their site and all the live Premier League fixtures they have shown or are due to show, I was initially disappointed to see that my team, Spurs, only featured twice and that both games were within three weeks of each other back in October, way before I subscribed.

Now 2 as a total represents the fewest number of one team's games they have shown or are scheduled to show, and is something we share in common with Birmingham, Bolton, Reading and Wigan. No Spurs games are being shown this year, something we have in common with Fulham and Reading only.

Contrast this with Man Utd (9 games in total, four this year) and Arsenal (8 games in total, three this year) well the argument that they are more successful clubs in the league that a greater number of people would wish to see holds some water.

But then contrast it with Newcastle... 10 games in total, five of them this year!! Now their slide into the relegation area may have held some interest, and did the appointment of Keegan, but surely most of the scheduling was done before these events took place. And in any case, it hardly warrants them being shown more than any other club in the league and at least twice as much as more than three quarters of the other clubs!!!!!!

lowebb

Forum Member

Posts: 270 Personally I have no idea why chelsea are shown so little but I can fully understand why Newcastle would be so popular. If you remove top 4 teams (which Sky will take their pick of the majority of times) Newcastle is 'probably' the most popular team, even to the neutral, like myself. So its natural they are picked as the '5th' best team I suppose

Not really. Based on Newcastle's national fan base, Setanta would be right. I am not a Newcastle fan or Setanta user.

I suspect the answer is more to do with the Premiership game schedule and match availability to Setanta. Nothing sinister in it.

21 of our 38 league games were live on Sky or Setanta last season, and it takes an idiot to avoid the fact that it's because there's perhaps three clubs likely to garner a greater viewing audience. 21 games, 11 on SKY 10 on Setanta. I don't know the exact figures but I think it was 12 for Spurs and 9 for Everton. Purely goes on fanbase. There's no other logical explanation.

Well I cant talk about the past because I dont have the data...not that you did either, just some old post of some forum :D

Yes so by the start of February 11 of our 24 Premiership games will have been on live TV, as opposed to 9 of your 24 games.

lowebb

Forum Member

Yes so by the start of February 11 of our 24 Premiership games will have been on live TV, as opposed to 9 of your 24 games.

Stevie you are so full of shit its untrue:

Sky Games played

Sunday 31 Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur 1.30pm

Sunday 28 Portsmouth v Tottenham Hotspur 1.30pm

Sunday 19 Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur 4.00pm

Wednesday 29 Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur 8.00pm

Sky to come:

A 2009-01-11 Wigan Athletic 13:30:00

H 2009-01-18 Portsmouth 16:00:00

H 2008-11-23 Blackburn 13:30:00

Setanta Already:

15 Mon Home Aston Villa Barclays Premier League

01 Sat Home Liverpool Barclays Premier League

Setanta to come:

A 2008-12-08 West Ham 20:00:00

H 2008-12-13 Man Utd 17:30:00

So that's 11 games up to the end of Feb.

Add the Carling cup game against Liverpool and Uefa games and we're caning you.

You have to be the biggest Billy Bullshitter I have ever come across.

lowebb

Forum Member

Stevie you are so full of shit its untrue:

Sky Games played

Sunday 31 Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur 1.30pm

Sunday 28 Portsmouth v Tottenham Hotspur 1.30pm

Sunday 19 Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur 4.00pm

Wednesday 29 Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur 8.00pm

Sky to come:

A 2009-01-11 Wigan Athletic 13:30:00

H 2009-01-18 Portsmouth 16:00:00

H 2008-11-23 Blackburn 13:30:00

Setanta Already:

15 Mon Home Aston Villa Barclays Premier League

01 Sat Home Liverpool Barclays Premier League

Setanta to come:

A 2008-12-08 West Ham 20:00:00

H 2008-12-13 Man Utd 17:30:00

So that's 11 games up to the end of Feb.

Add the Carling cup game against Liverpool and Uefa games and we're caning you.

You have to be the biggest Billy Bullshitter I have ever come across.

...and you're the biggest wanker I've ever come across. I missed out one or two by accident... as for the Carling Cup bollocks we're out you stupid cunt, so how could we end up on live TV coverage......AND we all know what happened last time we were both in the UEFA Cup, the TV companies put us on before you, we had a shit home game against someone on in place of your game in Leverkusen which was on nothing. :woosh: Some yid wrote a letter to Setanta demanding an explanation, was on GG, and they came back saying your viewing figures were not on the same level as ours, you can't even deny any of that.

Some yid wrote a letter to Setanta demanding an explanation, was on GG, and they came back saying your viewing figures were not on the same level as ours, you can't even deny any of that.

Link? Sorry Stevie I just cant trust anything you say any more.

You are the boy that cried wolf.

No weirder than 1738 posts on a relatively unrelated football forum :D

I'm a scholar of the game Tom, not a single team.

Your no scholar. Your not even pupil material.

Shiet English on your part there :woosh:

No weirder than 1738 posts on a relatively unrelated football forum :woosh:

Shiet English on your part there :scratchchin:

:D

No weirder than 1738 posts on a relatively unrelated football forum :D

Shiet English on your part there :woosh:

ha ha you cant help yourself can you?

Deliberate man.

Deliberate man.

Really? :D

Deliberate man.

You shiet.

Deliberate man.

You shiet.

senatordavis-HomepageImageComponent.jpg

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT."

http://mattdaviesharingey.blogspot.com/200...-channel-5.html

Date: 23rd November 2006

Dear Matt

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Football On Five.

We were sorry to read that you are unhappy with our decision not to transmit live coverage of the Bayer Leverkusen v Tottenham Hotspur UEFA Cup match. Scheduling is the hardest task that the modern broadcaster can undertake and essentially it is impossible to please all our viewers at any one time. The scheduler’s task is to open each programme to the widest potential audience. A number of Newcastle United’s UEFA Cup games have been broadcast live on Five this season and these have been very popular with our viewers.

Ultimately, Five is a commercial enterprise. We sympathise with the disappointment you so obviously feel but the decision has been made by industry professionals, based on robust data and sound commercial sense.

Nevertheless, your comments have been noted in our Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated throughout the company and will be seen by all relevant personnel.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Nobhead.

Edited by Stevie

http://mattdaviesharingey.blogspot.com/200...-channel-5.html
Date: 23rd November 2006

Dear Matt

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Football On Five.

We were sorry to read that you are unhappy with our decision not to transmit live coverage of the Bayer Leverkusen v Tottenham Hotspur UEFA Cup match. Scheduling is the hardest task that the modern broadcaster can undertake and essentially it is impossible to please all our viewers at any one time. The scheduler’s task is to open each programme to the widest potential audience. A number of Newcastle United’s UEFA Cup games have been broadcast live on Five this season and these have been very popular with our viewers.

Ultimately, Five is a commercial enterprise. We sympathise with the disappointment you so obviously feel but the decision has been made by industry professionals, based on robust data and sound commercial sense.

Nevertheless, your comments have been noted in our Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated throughout the company and will be seen by all relevant personnel.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Nobhead.

So it wasnt someone on glory glory, it was a sad act with a blog and channel 5 decided to chose one game of your over ours.

Oh well, heartbroken. You're still full of shit.

Probably one of those Uefa games that was half full, no wonder your viewing figures were so good.

Edited by Danny B

FIVE Individuals 4+ (Including Timeshift) - w/e 22/10/2006

Programme Millions

1 CSI MIAMI (TUE 2102) 3.29

2 CSI - NEW YORK (TUE 2159) 2.86

3 UEFA CUP: NEWCASTLE V FENERBAHCE (THU 2004) 2.70

4 CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (SAT 2136) 2.21

5 LAW AND ORDER - SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT (SAT 2236) 2.00

6 HOME AND AWAY (WED 1800) 1.90

7 HOME AND AWAY (MON 1800) 1.89

8 HOME AND AWAY (TUE 1800) 1.82

9 FILM: THE ADDAMS FAMILY (SUN 1810) 1.77

10 NCIS (SAT 2041) 1.66

11 HOME AND AWAY (FRI 1800) 1.63

12 NCIS (SAT 1948) 1.60

13 FILM: THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL (SUN 1513) 1.46

14 UEFA CUP: BESIKTAS V TOTTENHAM (THU 1746) 1.46

15 ANGEL EYES (WED 2100) 1.30

16 BUILDING A NEW FACE:EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE (MON 2101 1.05

17 THE DOG SUICIDE BRIDGE:... (WED 1958) 1.04

18 TRUST ME I'M A BEAUTY THERAPIST (TUE 2301) 1.02

19 FIFTH GEAR (MON 2002) 0.92

20 GREATEST EVER COMEDY MOVIES (SUN 2104) 0.89

21 FILM: LAST OF THE DOGMEN (SAT 1522) 0.89

22 MAKE ME A SUPERMODEL (THU 2202) 0.82

23 BABY FOR SALE (FRI 1541) 0.82

24 BANGED UP ABROAD (MON 2202) 0.81

25 MAKE ME A SUPERMODEL (TUE 2000) 0.77

26 COLUMBO: RANSOM FOR A DEAD MAN (MON 1534) 0.76

27 PIMP MY RIDE (FRI 2000) 0.75

28 UEFA CUP: KRAKOW V BLACKBURN (THU 1528) 0.74

29 FILM: FORMULA FOR DEATH (TUE 1539) 0.74

30 TRUST ME I'M A BEAUTY THERAPIST (WED 2300) 0.71

Programme Millions

10 NCIS (SAT 2041) 1.66

12 NCIS (SAT 1948) 1.60

Directly linked to times shown. 1745 is too early a kick off to get significant figures.

Your game was prime time, 8 Oclock.

Programme Millions

10 NCIS (SAT 2041) 1.66

12 NCIS (SAT 1948) 1.60

Directly linked to times shown. 1745 is too early a kick off to get significant figures.

As if it would make that much difference.

Programme Millions

10 NCIS (SAT 2041) 1.66

12 NCIS (SAT 1948) 1.60

As if it would make that much difference.

Thats why they call it Prime Time Stevie.