Barton not being banned by the FA

Inglez

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its whats gunna happen with joey for the forseeable future though any hint of wrong and it'll be "ban him, hang him" etc

like how there has been no mention of agbonlahors ridiculous wrestling move that resulted in a villa freekick btw

Not over yet. :D

Villa consider racism complaint against Barton

Edwards The Guardian, Wednesday November 5 2008

Aston Villa were last night weighing up whether to make an official complaint to the Football Association as they looked into allegations that Joey Barton racially abused the England Under-21 international Gabriel Agbonlahor during Newcastle United's 2-0 victory at St James' Park on Monday night.

Newcastle insisted last night that they were unaware of any allegations against Barton and said they have had no contact with Villa on the subject. Barton's agent, Willie McKay, said that he was in hospital last night and added: "I don't want to talk about the situation. I don't know anything about it." Barton is understood to categorically deny the allegations.

Villa are undecided over what course of action to take, following a series of high-level meetings at Villa Park yesterday. Those involved the manager, Martin O'Neill, and senior club officials who consulted with the American owner, Randy Lerner, as they examined television footage to see whether there was any substance to allegations that Barton racially abused Agbonlahor in a first-half confrontation which had to be defused by the referee, Steve Bennett.

Barton appeared to swipe Agbonlahor in the face, though the FA said it would take no action over that incident, and it is understood Villa are considering their legal position in what is a sensitive issue, coming only three games after Barton resumed his career at Newcastle following a six-match FA ban for his training-ground attack on a team-mate, Ousmane Dabo, during his time at Manchester City. He previously served a jail sentence for affray and assault for an incident outside a McDonald's restaurant in Liverpool.

Villa officials have confirmed that the investigation is into matters of a racist nature and Setanta Sports has provided the club with footage of the set-to with Agbonlahor. Villa's legal advisers spent several hours yesterday examining the tapes and are considering employing lip-reading experts.

Agbonlahor is being consulted over whether he wants to proceed with an official complaint and O'Neill may be faced with the dilemma of whether to pursue the matter should his 22-year-old striker decline to do so.

The FA is awaiting Bennett's report although it is understood he has made no mention of racism in it. An FA spokesman said: "We are aware of the rumours circulating and have had a number of calls on the subject but it is difficult to comment any further on something that has no further substance to it. We take seriously any allegations of racist abuse and will obviously act accordingly if we receive any official complaint from Aston Villa."

Agbonlahor's agent, Tim Webb, confirmed that he too was aware of the accusations but had not been in contact with his client about the subject. "I have not spoken to Gabby. It was a day off for him on Tuesday because he has such a hectic schedule with Villa and his mobile has been turned off. I am aware that Villa are looking into the situation," he said.

If Villa press ahead with an official complaint it will spell further trouble for the controversial Newcastle midfielder less than a fortnight after he insisted he is a reformed character and wants to put his chequered past behind him. Barton claimed that he wants to be a role model for all young footballers but his return to action has been controversial. Barton has been supported by Newcastle's interim manager, Joe Kinnear, but was the subject of abuse from Sunderland supporters while warming up in last month's derby at the Stadium of Light.

Barton said after Monday's game that people were making a "mountain out of a molehill" over his apparent swipe at Agbonlahor. "The referee gave a free-kick and I was debating with him because I didn't think it was a free-kick. I thought it was a foul against me and I had hold of the ball. Their lad came across and barged me in the back. Nothing has gone on. People are making a mountain out of a molehill. Don't forget, with the referee and their assistants around and all the cameras, you know you cannot raise your hands these days, and at no stage have I done that."

It sounds like a fabrication from the Villa player.

You could say anything about Barton and people would believe it.

Nothing to do with Villa being swept aside in a tidy 2-0 then...

It sounds like a fabrication from the Villa player.

You could say anything about Barton and people would believe it.

Nothing to do with Villa being swept aside in a tidy 2-0 then...

what a difference a game make. a couple of weeks back you were banning me because you had capitulated to Sunderland.

Two games later and you are sweeping teams aside.

Pride comes before a fall Tom.

Then I have nothing more to say.

:D

:woosh:

So one win is enough to convince you is it? despite limping past Brom and losing to Sunderland.

You are now Sweeping all before you? No chance Villa had an off day?

So one win is enough to convince you is it? despite limping past Brom and losing to Sunderland.

You are now Sweeping all before you? No chance Villa had an off day?

At least you're only here to defend Spurs and not on the wind up at all.

what a difference a game make. a couple of weeks back you were banning me because you had capitulated to Sunderland.

Two games later and you are sweeping teams aside.

Pride comes before a fall Tom.

everyone calls for you to be banned because your an annoying smug c**t, and you've got nowt to be smug about, so give your head a shake and fuck off back to the spuds forum

Villa consider racism complaint against Barton

Oh for fucks sake, if we can't get him for violence, we'll try the racist chestnut.

The one thing with Barton is he spreads his violence and thuggery without any thought to race, creed or colour. :D

According to the Sun's lipreader he said.

‘Pack it in, f*****g lip’. Barton walks off saying, ‘F**k it’, then moves his finger round his mouth appearing to say, ‘F**k your big lips’.”

The racism comes in from those who've jumped to the conclusion that all black people have big lips.

The lad is going to have everything scrutinised. If you throw enough shit...