Michael Crichton

Jimbo

Michael Crichton, author of Jurassic Park has died, aged 66, after a "courageous and private battle against cancer," his family has said.

He penned the books Congo, Twister and the popular Jurassic Park trilogy, all of which were adapted into films.

He also created the long-running US hospital drama ER and his books have sold more than 150 million copies.

"He will be profoundly missed by those whose lives he touched," his family said in a statement.

Crichton has won an Emmy, a Peabody, and a Writer's Guild of America Award for ER.

A private funeral service is expected.

Disappointed when I heard. I was hoping for John Grisham ;)

Same here. I was hoping for Pratchett though :(

I understand from people that have met him that he's a really nice guy............. and he buys his round (which is more than can be said for a few folk on here)

Disappointed when I heard. I was hoping for John Grisham ;)

Same here. I was hoping for Pratchett though :(

I understand from people that have met him that he's a really nice guy............. and he buys his round (which is more than can be said for a few folk on here)

Ok Mr. Mitty.

Disappointed when I heard. I was hoping for John Grisham :icon_lol:

Same here. I was hoping for Pratchett though ;)

Ok Mr. Mitty.

never met him myself - just reporting what I've heard - years ago one of our neighbours kids won some competition and he went with his Dad to have lunch with Pratchett - they reckon he was a lot of fun and had a great a time

Pratchett recently revealed he has a form of Alzheimers, it is rapid-onset and he's been told he has a year or so at best of 'sanity'. So, he won't be knocking out too many more books.

Like or loathe him , you've got to have some sympathy for the bloke, it's like a living death sentence.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

I think he has a bit longer than that - its affecting his typing apparently and some word recognition but he's had the guts to publicise it

Maybe right, just what i'd heard( from the mate of a sister's partner's dad who knows a bloke......................) ;)

still, not nice.