Liverpool FC's Lucas Leiva is latest player burglary victim

Besty

THIEVES have broken into the home of Liverpool FC’s Brazilian star Lucas Leiva stealing prized football mementoes.

Officers were called to his house in Woolton just after 11.30pm on Tuesday and scoured the property for valuable loot.

The midfielder’s Olympic bronze medal from Beijing was taken along with a number of Brazilian and Liverpool football shirts.

He is the latest Reds star whose house has been targeted after break-ins at the wealthy homes of players including Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt, Peter Crouch and Jerzy Dudek and Steven Gerrard.

Merseyside Police has confirmed that neither Lucas nor his partner were at home at the time of the burglary.

The player had been playing that night for Liverpool that night at Anfield where he had been brought on as a late substitute.

Among the items stolen are:

- the Olympic medal with a picture of a footballer kicking a ball on one side. It is approximately 3 inches in

diameter and has a red ribbon attached to it

- a collection of Brazilian football shirts, large in size, with the name 'Lucas' on the back. Each shirt has a different number on it

- a collection of Liverpool football shirts, large in size, with the name 'Lucas' on the back and all with the number 21 on the back.

Crime scene investigators have attended the address and house-to-house enquiries are taking place throughout the area.

Acting DCI Peter Parry, of Merseyside Police, said: “I would like to empathise to Mr Leiva and his partner for what must have been an upsetting experience.

“As with every burglary victim, we will be carrying out a thorough investigation and offering them crime prevention advice.

“Taken from the address was an amount of jewellery and some very distinctive football and sports memorabilia.

“These items have significant personal importance to Mr Leiva and they were associated with some very

cherished memories.

“I’d ask members of the public to be on the look out in case they are offered such items for sale either on the street or in pubs or see the items for sale on the internet.”

Police and Liverpool FC are set to speak to Lucas to discuss improved ways to protect his home against burglars.

Source: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-n...00252-22201131/

Match day for a scouser

Turn on TV watch the first few minute of the match

check out the team including subs

rob em while they are playing

watch half time review on players giant luxury tv before unplugging it

leg it

back before full time

kebab

You got love the mentality

“I’d ask members of the public to be on the look out in case they are offered such items for sale either on the street or in pubs or see the items for sale on the internet. - As these Items are rare they wont be around for long first come first served”

The club should be looking after them by now and providing security during Euro away games.

And home games :D

Where are the Scouse defenders?

Normally any slight (however slight or light hearted) is destroyed by a swathe of high pitched rebuttal. Face it, the Scousers are thieves.. it's in their blood.

He is the latest Reds star whose house has been targeted after break-ins at the wealthy homes of players including Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt, Peter Crouch and Jerzy Dudek and Steven Gerrard.

Wasn't Keane's house broken into recently too? Eight players. :(

but all those stereotypes about scousers are media creations...

Did I mention that when at home recently I saw a coach waiting to take Nottingham-based Liverpool fans to the game on a Saturday? The meeting point was the job centre. Couldn't make it up!

Who the fuck is going to be able to sell an Olympic medal?? :(

Admittedly the shirts will probably get passed on, but the medal? Aye I know - it'll be melted down...

Who the fuck is going to be able to sell an Olympic medal?? :(

Admittedly the shirts will probably get passed on, but the medal? Aye I know - it'll be melted down...

Id buy it, id give them a fiver for it to ;)

My point was more along the lines of it hardly being inconspicuous...