Classics that leave you cold

Jimbo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarface and Jane Austen are both good shouts. Dr. Strangelove seems to be universally acclaimed as a classic despite being pretty boring and not very funny. Slim Pickens apart.

Scarface and Jane Austen are both good shouts. Dr. Strangelove seems to be universally acclaimed as a classic despite being pretty boring and not very funny. Slim Pickens apart.

That was the first film I thought of. I actually quite liked it but never laughed once. Blazing Saddles & Spinal Tap do very little for me either. For some reason the more highly praised a comedy film is the less funny I seem to find it yet with comedy shows I nearly always agree with anything highly rated.

Never been tempted to read "classic" literature - I was probably put off by doing Dickens for 'O' level. I think the oldest book I've read is Catch 22 and possibly some old Sci-fi short stories by people like Dick and Lovecraft.

I'm also going to sound like a philistine here but I find black & white films very hard to watch and/or rate - I think the Godfather is probably the oldest film I rate.

Never been tempted to read "classic" literature - I was probably put off by doing Dickens for 'O' level. I think the oldest book I've read is Catch 22 and possibly some old Sci-fi short stories by people like Dick and Lovecraft.

I'm also going to sound like a philistine here but I find black & white films very hard to watch and/or rate - I think the Godfather is probably the oldest film I rate.

Not even The Bible? :D

I read LOTR when I was about 12. It's canny good but never again, if you know what I mean. Life's too short. I know a lad at school who read it and when he finished, he started reading it again! And no, I didn't know Papa Lazaru back then in case you're wondering.

I read LOTR when I was about 12. It's canny good but never again, if you know what I mean. Life's too short. I know a lad at school who read it and when he finished, he started reading it again! And no, I didn't know Papa Lazaru back then in case you're wondering.

:D Papa Laz is blatantly an elf anyway, so it's required reading for him.

...but Pride and Prejudice redeems all tbh.

:D

Think Stone Cold Steve Austin reading Jane Austen and then you've got the picture tbh.

I should give your face the millimetre tread for good measure.

An Elf in a Megadeath t-shirt tbf.

An Elf in a Megadeath t-shirt tbf.

:D

:

Imagine by John Lennon, cannot get away with that track at all.

clapping: :D

Agreed- tree hugging bollix at it's worst.

Thomas Hardy always sends me into a soma-like trance. THE most depressing ,miserable beggar ever to put pen to paper.