Computer won't start up!

Geordie Boyo

Basically just tells me to press ctr, alt & delete to restart at the load in black screen. Then restarts and tells me to press ctr, alt & delete to restart at the load in black screen. Then restarts and tells me to press ctr, alt & delete to restart at the load in black screen......you get the picture :D

I'm using work's computer at the minute, but was just wondering if any of you know how to cure this situation instead of me reloading the the computer with my Service Pack disc.....again...! :D

Edited by Geordie Boyo

sounds fatal - if you DO go to a computer repair place ask them for a quote and don't let them run wild without authorisation

you have a backup of course................

I'm sure you've checked, but if you havent make sure you havent left a CD or Floppy in, the pc might be trying to boot from that and failing so tellnig you to restart.

Have you got a bootable Windows CD? Try booting from that and it should guide you to the repair option.

since I'm sure you had a legit version and you are registered with Microsoft why not just contact them............... :lol::o:lol:

If you've ever been in the sorry ass position to have to do that..... then you'd know why. :icon_lol: