Job Applications for Graduate Schemes...

smoggeordie

...are gay.

Each one taking me an hour or two at a time to do with cheesy clichéd questions such as "Describe an event in your life when you took a risk and it didn't pay off" and "Describe a time when you solved a bullying problem" etc etc. Doing my nut in.

...are gay.

Each one taking me an hour or two at a time to do with cheesy clichéd questions such as "Describe an event in your life when you took a risk and it didn't pay off" and "Describe a time when you solved a bullying problem" etc etc. Doing my nut in.

You could back up Fop and put that down.

Poor little nipper.

Just make sure you tell them you can work comfortably within a team but are also to take on the responsibility of working without supervision when the need arises.

Edited by alex

...are gay.

You could back up Fop and put that down.

Poor little nipper.

Bullying? :D:D

They're a load of wank that basically test your ability to do a good application form rather than test your relevance or ability to do the job.

Just do one and most of them are similar so paste and edit to suit.

Edited by ewerk

They're a load of wank that basically test your ability to do a good application form rather than test your relevance or ability to do the job.

Just do one and most of them are similar so paste and edit to suit.

Welcome to the Civil Service my friend :D:

• 4 weeks later...
I don't like teams! rambo didn't need a team!

:rolleyes: This is why I like translation - by definition, we're a bunch of sociopathic loners. And even when we do interact, it's only to rip each other's work to shreds and call it "proofreading".

I don't like teams! rambo didn't need a team!

;) This is why I like translation - by definition, we're a bunch of sociopathic loners. And even when we do interact, it's only to rip each other's work to shreds and call it "proofreading".

I'm a programmer, imagine asking us geek types about interacting with people...and not even over the net but in person!

Christmas party must be a blast.

So what's the job then?

Finance graduate scheme, should be about 27 to 30k a year if I get it.

Think the interview went quite well. ;)

Did you ask for £31?

Got told it would take 14 days for them to let me know if i passed the interview. I got an email this morning saying I had ;)

Waiting to hear if i've been shortlisted to attend the assessment centre....

Edited by smoggeordie

Assessment centres are complete nightmares from what I hear, thankfully I never had to do one.

When I was applying for graduate jobs I passed 3 interviews and went to 3 assessment centres.

They're horrible, you basically spend the whole day doing role play and playing silly 'thinking' games. We spent about an hour playing a game where you pull 2 random words out of a hat and you have to tell a story for something like 3 minutes without any pauses about those words.

On one of mine I was doing role play and ended up falling out with the assessor (whilst not in character!) so the writing was on the wall!

They just rang me to ask if i'd consider a job in London because they're not running a scheme in the North East next year :drinks:

Tell them no. Priorities :birthday:

No if I were in your shoes, I'd say yes but you want a London weighting, i.e. 10k more.

Think i'm going to say yes, for the time being. I have other irons in the fire for north east based jobs, but i'm keeping the auld options open. :birthday:

Hell of a commute to play for Peskies.... :drinks:

Looks like a years loan bid for Andy. :icon_lol:

Think i'm going to say yes, for the time being. I have other irons in the fire for north east based jobs, but i'm keeping the auld options open. :birthday:

Hell of a commute to play for Peskies.... :drinks:

Looks like a years loan bid for Andy. :icon_lol:

3 year scheme.... :icon_lol: