Celtic

Toonpack

watched the start of the Celtic game on Saturday and they had a minutes applause, the camera panned around the ground and it looked like everyone was joining in

i guess the protest didn't go ahead

I think this is one instance where applause is totally unappropriate.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It saddens me that people just can't let it go. Move on. My family had members killed in the war but I wouldn't hold it againts anyone from Germany. It's a completely different country with different values now. What a waste of fuckin time.

I spoke to a Celtic supporting mate about this. He's scottish but he says Celtic are an Irish club. I asked him if he was Irish and he said yes. I called him a tit.

Edited by Danny B

Evening, I came in to ask if you've heard any news down there about Aiden McGeady moving to St James, there's some piss poor journalism surrounding this rumor and wondered what your take on it was, do you even want Aiden at St James etc.

But let me clear up the issues in this post. It's a very, very small minority of fans called the Green Brigade, mostly kids with silly ideas and some of the older 'csc' who should really have grown up by now but haven't. They have one eye on the pitch and another eye on every move our - to be fair - disgraceful rivals across the city make. Their issues are entirely surrounding the wearing of the poppy on the players shirts on Saturday, nothing else. I do not support them and neither do the majority and more importantly neither do the club. However, I can see their point, that Politics has no place in football.

As usual it's only the actions of the minority that hit the headlines, no mention of the 58,000 people who stayed behind to watch the game, no mention - down south that I can see anyway - of the fact that these imbeciles were drowned out by the minutes applause. There has been a great deal of debate between us Celtic fans all week regarding this and on Saturday many of us felt uneasy about the whole affair. All I would ask is that nobody jumps on a bandwagon of believing all Celtic fans are neanderthal terrorists, we're actually doing a hell of a lot to move forward, while our rivals struggle to grasp the simplest orders to stop singing sectarian, racist and hate filled 'songs'.

Just yanking your chain, I actually agree with you for the most part. I know a couple of celtic fans and sadly they're the most moronic, sectarian fans I've every come across. But as you say, one shouldn't judge fans on the minority of morons at the club.

The McGeady front, he's an average youth player who's doing pretty well for you I think but I'm not sure he'd cut it in the premiership. (I'd prefer him to Guthrie mind)

You're both shite to be fair.

That's really intelligent, however I for one can see that it's just you, and not the majority that has one brain cell.

Listen mate, the people with one brain cell - or less - are the tossers among your support who come out with this shit. And don't tell me its not many, because its a lot. And don't defend it by saying the other lot are just the same, they are, but its no excuse. You are all a bunch of tosspots.

You sing religious songs and you are bigoted cunts. You sing IRA/Irish originated songs/anti British songs. There is no place for this in football.

Every Celtic supporter I have encountered - without exception - has touched on this bigotry bollocks. The only question is how long and how many pints it takes them to get there.

We don't give a toss about this sort of thing down here. We really don't.

We've had 2 testimonials down here in recent times where a lot more than "a minority" have behaved like a bunch of absolute cretins.

So far as I'm concerned all you lot who want to play down here - for the English money that you despise - can bugger off. You're not welcome.

And you would get relegated anyway, with all your 3rd division rejects playing for you.

Edited by LeazesMag

That's really intelligent, however I for one can see that it's just you, and not the majority that has one brain cell.

Listen mate, the people with one brain cell - or less - are the tossers among your support who come out with this shit. And don't tell me its not many, because its a lot. And don't defend it by saying the other lot are just the same, they are, but its no excuse. You are all a bunch of tosspots.

You sing religious songs and you are bigoted cunts. You sing IRA/Irish originated songs/anti British songs. There is no place for this in football.

Every Celtic supporter I have encountered - without exception - has touched on this bigotry bollocks. The only question is how long and how many pints it takes them to get there.

We've had 2 testimonials down here in recent times where a lot more than "a minority" have behaved like a bunch of absolute cretins.

So far as I'm concerned all you lot who want to play down here - for the English money that you despise - can bugger off. You're not welcome.

And you would get relegated anyway, with all your 3rd division rejects playing for you.

Firstly I'm not your mate. Secondly we don't sing sectarian songs, there's a small group of people who sing them at away games, usually residents of the actual away town who don't actually care about Celtic's principles. I'll ignore the rest of the flaming.

Thirdly we don't want to play down there, the majority of fans would prefer a European / Atlantic league if there were a break away. Your comments are laughable considering your team are the laughing stock of English football don't you think? Probably not. :(

bigot

n : a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

:(

*Tin hat on time*

Most people on here know my stance on the Old Firm and how I have no affiliation to either side but it amazes me time and time again to see the same old prejudiced views tarring them all with the same brush...

As we are adults and trying to post this, without it turning into another childish bitchfest which will result in kicking the arse out of the use of c*nt etc, I honestly cannot grasp why people have to class and stereotype the supporters of other clubs all as one. Maybe I have been whooshed and its all WUM but I cannot get my head around the fact that "adults" especially on football forums have such prejudiced viewpoints...

Whilst I have no time for sectarianism I also have no time for some of the people I have sat around at St James Park who I have heard talk about Kenny Miller being a dirty fenian bastard etc when he played against us for Derby last season, nor do I have time for the racists who chant abuse, like the clown who sat behind Alex in the West Ham game but I am not naive enough to claim everyone at St James Park is a racist or a bigot. Yes the Old Firm both may have more than a minority but to slate every one of their supporters is ridiculous. Believe it or not there are actually many who are just like you and I...football supporters and go for the love of the game.

I dunno, I know a lot of otherwise reasonable people who throw their hands up in despair (and the art of xisco) at the thought of our Glaswegian brothers and their irrational little feud. It can't be mere coincidence that a good number of footballing folk would happily lock them all in a room and welcome whoever/whatever came out the other side victorious.

Firstly I'm not your mate. Secondly we don't sing sectarian songs, there's a small group of people who sing them at away games, usually residents of the actual away town who don't actually care about Celtic's principles. I'll ignore the rest of the flaming.

Thirdly we don't want to play down there, the majority of fans would prefer a European / Atlantic league if there were a break away. Your comments are laughable considering your team are the laughing stock of English football don't you think? Probably not. :(

you're right, you aren't my mate.

You do sing sectarian songs, what a load of crap and you know it.

I don't think we are the laughing stock of English football, if anything you are the laughing stock of British and european football. Most people down here don't take you seriously, any half baked manager can win your league ie Strachan, Smith and Souness are proof of that, and any half baked player can do it for you. A canny few thousand drunken bigots who have been down here for 2 recent friendlies will also prove every word you say about not wanting to play here is utter shite. I've met a canny few scottish lads that I like, don't get me wrong, but once the Rangers and Celtic stuff starts, its totally different. Thats why I made the post above, because of the shit you posted yourself.

I was at the 1969 Fairs Cup Semi Final by the way, my first experience of the state that a lot of you get into.

Pile of shite the most sectarian fuckwit I know is a celtic fan. So stop blaming everyone else you wanker.

bigot

n : a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

:(

*Tin hat on time*

Most people on here know my stance on the Old Firm and how I have no affiliation to either side but it amazes me time and time again to see the same old prejudiced views tarring them all with the same brush...

As we are adults and trying to post this, without it turning into another childish bitchfest which will result in kicking the arse out of the use of c*nt etc, I honestly cannot grasp why people have to class and stereotype the supporters of other clubs all as one. Maybe I have been whooshed and its all WUM but I cannot get my head around the fact that "adults" especially on football forums have such prejudiced viewpoints...

Whilst I have no time for sectarianism I also have no time for some of the people I have sat around at St James Park who I have heard talk about Kenny Miller being a dirty fenian bastard etc when he played against us for Derby last season, nor do I have time for the racists who chant abuse, like the clown who sat behind Alex in the West Ham game but I am not naive enough to claim everyone at St James Park is a racist or a bigot. Yes the Old Firm both may have more than a minority but to slate every one of their supporters is ridiculous. Believe it or not there are actually many who are just like you and I...football supporters and go for the love of the game.

I've been going to St James' Park since 1985 and I've NEVER heard one sectarian remark. Up till about 1990 I heard many racist comments and chants, but never sectarian, so if you heard that, that is an utter one off. No one cares here, I can't emphasise that enough. I went to a Catholic school in Newcastle, no one has a problem with it here, but in Scotland some elements class it as apartheid, it's a shocking society to live in, so much so that people who play for either club get dragged in to it like Graham Roberts and Artur Boruc.

Everything LeazesMag has sent is correct though, it's easy saying that it's a minority chanting these vile songs, tell that to anyone who witnessed 2,000 chanting PI PI PIRA on Stowell Street prior to the latest humping they received down here. I've heard Irish people saying they're embarrassed the club has an association with Ireland, and as has been touched on, the sheer ignorance, of protesting against a symbolic show of respect commemorating the millions of honest, brave men who lost their lives (some of them Irish), helping preserve our way of life. I had a look on some Celtic message boards yesterday, and there were a few comments. Like TiocfiadhArLa 1916 - Derry- aged 38 - I will never respect those bastards after what they did to my cousins mate in 1978. These people live in a cocoon, as they do in Glasgow, they have no sense of reality, or understanding about what Remembrance Day symbolises, "fuck the British" is the attitude when the fact is, had the Nazi's got power they'd probably either killed most of the Irish or had them speaking Kraut now.

As for Celtic a club I've tried hard to like over many years, but the more you understand about the club the more vile it becomes, and what makes them as bad as the disgrace that are Rangers, is Celtic always play the victim card. I bet nothing is reported in the Scottish press about this small but significant protest, because they'd boycott "The Hun" or "The Daily Ranger". I could say a lot more about them both clubs, but they're attention seeking arseholes, they'll gladly take 20,000 to Old Trafford for a friendly, but can't sell 5,000 tickets for SPL away games on their doorsteps, like Kilmarnock yesterday. I'm not a bigot, I'm not ultra nationalistic, if anything I'm geordie through and through I don't about colour or creed or religion, sadly in the West of Scotland, a sizable ands significant majority will always make me perceive the clubs as cunts, and as LM said and hit the nail on the head, nearly everyone you speak to mentions the political situation, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ANY MORE, EVEN IN IRELAND!!

I have a slight favourtism towards Celtic as my Grandad supported them (he was Irish and Catholic, go figure) and my mam used to buy me Celtic stuff when I was a kid just to piss my dad off. Having said all that though, I find both Celtic and Rangers as bad as each other when it comes to this stuff. It's outdated bollocks and because neither side will back down and admit it then it just goes on and on. Celtic fans keep going on about how they're Irish Catholic, Rangers go on about being British and loyal to the Queen. It's just petty as fuck.

Anyone else see the irony in the lad's stance when his user name is from an Irish rebel song?

It's actually an Irish lullaby, go and read the lyrics for you don't know what you're talking about.

So when the bloke gets transported for stealing food during the famine who do you think did the transporting?

A hell of a lot of Irish folk songs are love songs with an added twist of Anti-Brit.

Anyone else see the irony in the lad's stance when his user name is from an Irish rebel song?

It's actually an Irish lullaby, go and read the lyrics for you don't know what you're talking about.

no it's not

it's a folk song about the famine and a man who stole food to feed his family.

a lullaby about famine, wtf do you sing to your kids... :(

Maybe he frightens them with a prison ship to Botany Bay as well.

A lot of people think Botany Bay, where Captain Cook first landed, is where Sydney is now. But it isn't. Botany Bay lies about 20 miles to the south of what is now Sydney (Sydney is actually on Sydney Cove). That is all. Thanks.

A lot of people think Botany Bay, where Captain Cook first landed, is where Sydney is now. But it isn't. Botany Bay lies about 20 miles to the south of what is now Sydney (Sydney is actually on Sydney Cove). That is all. Thanks.

Are you Stephen Fry in disguise?

Stephen Fry comes across as charming and nice....

Are you Stephen Fry in disguise?

Stephen Fry comes across as charming and nice....

Are you Mike Ashley in that case

I wish.

Perhaps instead of joining the Premiership they'd sooner join the Irish League and play against the likes of Cobh Ramblers, Bray Wanderers & Derry City.

Then they can take as many Irish flags to games, and sing Catholic songs as much as they want without bothering the rest of us anymore.