Alan Shearer

Deano

i dunno how shearer will do as a manager of Newcastle, and frankly I'd think he'd be mental to go anywhere near it.

But in saying that he give many years to the club when he could have easily went to the likes of man.u and picked up a load of trophies, but he was loyal to the club he also supports.

Will he be a good manager... god knows, but if he thinks he can do the job fair enough, and we can't argue that we have dont have someone in charge who doesn't understand the fans and the club etc.

I agree I also think he would be crazy to take on the job of manager.

He currently has "legend" "hero" status bestowed on him by the Toon Army, there is no guarantee that Shearer will be successful, what if he totally makes a bollocks of the job?

Would his status disappear, how would the Toon Army react? Badly I suspect!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want something unquestionable to be honest - A simple structure not in the newspaper every day - but we will be lucky to get that with Newcastle.

I think Aston Villa's structure is fairly decent and I would settle for something similar.

You mean something that most clubs have? ;)

Hardly.

Not many clubs who don't have endless funds trust the manager to spend heavily.

But to be honest I would settle for something most clubs have rather than an emotionally torturing, dragged out circus of a club performance.

The structure and a team's transfer budget are two completely different things iyam.

Ashley's plan had the two working in tandem, or at least that was the plan.

He didn't want to overspend and the structure was adjusted accordingly, the money was there, £50m wouldn't have been to much of a hassle to shift for Ashley but he aimed to get things done as cheaply as possible and brought in three people to help get that done.

I want something unquestionable to be honest - A simple structure not in the newspaper every day - but we will be lucky to get that with Newcastle.

I think Aston Villa's structure is fairly decent and I would settle for something similar.

You mean something that most clubs have? ;)

Hardly.

Not many clubs who don't have endless funds trust the manager to spend heavily.

But to be honest I would settle for something most clubs have rather than an emotionally torturing, dragged out circus of a club performance.

The structure and a team's transfer budget are two completely different things iyam.

Ashley's plan had the two working in tandem, or at least that was the plan.

He didn't want to overspend and the structure was adjusted accordingly, the money was there, £50m wouldn't have been to much of a hassle to shift for Ashley but he aimed to get things done as cheaply as possible and brought in three people to help get that done.

Ashley's plan was for us to be like Tottenham like, definitely not the Arsenal model.

I'm still not convinced he'll take the job if offered tbh. I think he might make a good manager but nothing's ever guaranteed in life. If City go for Mourinho next year, Mark Hughes would be a smart choice as well.

Tell me you are kidding ;)

I'm still not convinced he'll take the job if offered tbh.

Shearer will only take the job on the condition that there are significant funds for transfers available imo.

I would think anyone serious enought to offer Shearer the job would give significant funding to start with at least. As for O-Nut's point about him taking his coaching badges to go into management, I'm sure that was an option he's always considered. He does seem very happy with the life he's got right now though, I suppose we'll find out how much he really wants the job if the offer comes.

I'm still not convinced he'll take the job if offered tbh. I think he might make a good manager but nothing's ever guaranteed in life. If City go for Mourinho next year, Mark Hughes would be a smart choice as well.

Hughes hasn't really done a lot wrong yet has he? Unless you are looking at a few recent bad results in isolation.

Hughes hasn't really done a lot wrong yet has he? Unless you are looking at a few recent bad results in isolation.

Just not what I would like. :icon_lol:

Mark Hughes would be temporary, wouldn't he? Some say he is the next in line to take over at Old Trafford when Ferguson steps down.

Nah that'll be Mourinho.

The Daily Telegraph & the guardian are supposed to be running this story tomorrow.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/no...d-premierleague

I called this 10 days ago after speaking to my mate, its looking more and more likely that he was telling me the truth!

I'd love it if this deadline where JFK's contract runs out is significant in the sense that Big Al comes in a replaces him. He would proved a boost to our chances of the club being sold tenfold. And would lift players and staff alike!

I think it might be a reaction to a recent Rob Lee interview as opposed to ''sources''.

I think right now I would settle for Shearer, he would certainly get the players putting the effort in and he could probably attract some good players/coaches.

I think it might be a reaction to a recent Rob Lee interview as opposed to ''sources''.

I think right now I would settle for Shearer, he would certainly get the players putting the effort in and he could probably attract some good players/coaches.

Your right about the interview as he done a taklk in didnt he? But my mate had spoke to rob "apparently" a few days previous.

As far as AS bringing in quality coaches, id love to see him tempt ferdy from the spuds even though he's just went there, bring in speedo and rob lee himself.

And get Phiiilleeeep Phillip Abert to jump on a treadmil and come and coach our defence.

Haha...id love to see it though

EDIT: Is pedro still at the club? It'dbe class promoting him to one of our 1st team coaches too! Martins mite learn a thing or two!

Edited by Geordie Lad...

To be fair that article is all speculation based on an interview with Lee. There is no way on this earth that Shearer would work under Ashley, that has already been written in stone by the man himself. I do think Lee knows what hes talking about but frankly any of us could have said the same things, its no secret at all that Al wants to manage us sometime.

This article is intended to put a stake in the ground for any prospective new owners to say "Im here, come and get me" not for Ashley.

At least with Shearer as manager, there's a very good chance we'd keep hold of Owen.

Your right about the interview as he done a taklk in didnt he? But my mate had spoke to rob "apparently" a few days previous.

As far as AS bringing in quality coaches, id love to see him tempt ferdy from the spuds even though he's just went there, bring in speedo and rob lee himself.

And get Phiiilleeeep Phillip Abert to jump on a treadmil and come and coach our defence.

Haha...id love to see it though

EDIT: Is pedro still at the club? It'dbe class promoting him to one of our 1st team coaches too! Martins mite learn a thing or two!

Aye because all the experience between them would see us right....

Has Beardsley become a brain surgeon?

:jesuswept: