Who do you think will be the next manager?

Scottish Mag

I think it will be Shearer, I can't say he'd be my first choice, I'm not convinced that he'd make a good manager, however he's played for some the best managers of his era, so you would hope some of it has rubbed off, of course there is every chance he would be shite.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Odds have shortened, this doesn't mean Shearer's any more likely to get the nod than he was a week ago, it just means a bunch of Geordies have backed him so the bookies have adjusted the odds accordingly.

I would hope Shearer tried his hand elsewhere first, Wacky's shout for Sven is one I echo, I don't think he was given much time at city and had them playing some good football. While Ketsbaia would be entertaining, I'm not sure he's ready for the premiership.

Just because Odds have shortened, this doesn't mean Shearer's any more likely to get the nod than he was a week ago, it just means a bunch of Geordies have backed him so the bookies have adjusted the odds accordingly.

I would hope Shearer tried his hand elsewhere first, Wacky's shout for Sven is one I echo, I don't think he was given much time at city and had them playing some good football. While Ketsbaia would be entertaining, I'm not sure he's ready for the premiership.

Plus he seems to attract decent flap.

I think it will be Shearer, I can't say he'd be my first choice, I'm not convinced that he'd make a good manager, however he's played for some the best managers of his era, so you would hope some of it has rubbed off, of course there is every chance he would be shite.

That's the point. Look at the fact how many players who played for Alex Ferguson at Man Utd later were managing: Steve Bruce, Bryan Robson, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Roy Keane etc. Not everyone of them was doing a decent job, but they certainly were influenced by SAF. So Al deserves the chance, it's just a question of timing and where he wants to start his career. Paul Ince is the best example (MK Dons), but on the other hand there's Keano at the SOS.

Edited by KingKev

Hughes has done alright overall, Keane has spent a canny wedge on basically just keeping Sunderland up, Ince is unproven at the top level and the other two are pretty shit. Especially Robson.

This time around, i think Steve Bruce is a much more attractive option. Done well in the transfer market, honest and passionate, and he's got what we need - the ability to stabilise a club, at managerial level at the very least. Whether or not he can ultimately take us to Top 6 level is another question. But we haven't had a sniff of that since the Bobby years in fairness, so i don't think that should be imperative in the selection criteria. We've got an excellent squad filled with quality players as far as i am concerned, and Bruce is good with funds at his request, he can find a bargain too. I'm dead impressed with the squad he's amassed at Wigan in fairness, and although they're not breaking records this season, they're stable and never going down. They should be higher than where they are, really. But as we know - the league's tight.

Put Bruce in a big club and he'll do well in my opinion. I know, it reeks of Allardyce, but Bruce is a much better manager (and person) than him.

It'd be questionable and i can imagine it'd receive a mixed opinion should it ever happen, but i wouldn't be against it.

This time around, i think Steve Bruce is a much more attractive option. Done well in the transfer market, honest and passionate, and he's got what we need - the ability to stabilise a club, at managerial level at the very least. Whether or not he can ultimately take us to Top 6 level is another question. But we haven't had a sniff of that since the Bobby years in fairness, so i don't think that should be imperative in the selection criteria. We've got an excellent squad filled with quality players as far as i am concerned, and Bruce is good with funds at his request, he can find a bargain too. I'm dead impressed with the squad he's amassed at Wigan in fairness, and although they're not breaking records this season, they're stable and never going down. They should be higher than where they are, really. But as we know - the league's tight.

Put Bruce in a big club and he'll do well in my opinion. I know, it reeks of Allardyce, but Bruce is a much better manager (and person) than him.

It'd be questionable and i can imagine it'd receive a mixed opinion should it ever happen, but i wouldn't be against it.

Its a sad state of affairs that hes the best we can hope to manage ;)

fuck me, steve bruce? has it really come to that?

assuming we get a new owner in with a bit of cash, i'd give the job to a foreign coach with a bit of nous who might attract a decent player. someone like sven, deschamps, hiddink, rijkard etc.

i can't see any english coaches out there that are good enough

to be fair, and this btw is by no means me justifying him being considered for the job, he has done a pretty good job in turning Wigan around...

His history suggests he'd fuck off as soon as the next job came along however.

He's still bogged down in Iraq however.

;)