Who do you think will be the next manager?

Scottish Mag

How is it controversial? Harry has worked miracles in his first 5 games in charge, no one can deny that but JK has a better record than KK had with the same players....and KK is supposed to be the messiah.

Since you have had a few key players return you have been knocking it around well IMO.

Last week it was "we can push for Europe" this week its "JK out"

Reactionary nonsense TBH.

How can Kinnear go? No one else will come, he'll be here until Ashley goes or we get relegated.

As for the record 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss vs. 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses. ;)

But (as I'm sure you're aware - unless you actually are a dim as you seem) if someone buys the club the only sensible option is :( Kinnear.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem being is that the new owner will want to win the fans over to them which would mean either the return of KK (and another walkout a year down the line) or Shearer who is totally untested and if he gets sacked what then? More protest?

It's like media cliche bingo.

The problem being is that the new owner will want to win the fans over to them which would mean either the return of KK (and another walkout a year down the line) or Shearer who is totally untested and if he gets sacked what then? More protest?

Because of course they're the only two people who would satisfy the fickle Geordie boo boys. Tit.

It's like media cliche bingo.

:(

No doubt his retort will be about stay away fans blah blah

True but I don't see that JK has done much wrong. He should be given the chance IMO.

Would you be happy with him as Spurs manager?

He was a good servant to Spurs in the past. Great in the 67 cup final for us apparently...bit before my time mind.

Think? Shearer. Want? Ketsbaia.

Why does it have to be an ex player?

You excel spectacularly at shooting yourself in the foot at times... :(

It doesn't, Ketsbaia just happens to look like a very good young manager who'll no doubt move on to bigger and better things at the end of this season and has made noises regarding our job. My choice is based on realism rather than the fact he played for us.

Obviously it would be nice to attract someone like Mourinho, Bilic etc. but that's not going to happen. Out of all the managers I can see us realistically getting he'd be my personal pick.

True but I don't see that JK has done much wrong. He should be given the chance IMO.

Would you be happy with him as Spurs manager?

He was a good servant to Spurs in the past. Great in the 67 cup final for us apparently...bit before my time mind.

You excel spectacularly at shooting yourself in the foot at times... :(

I said it would be nice but it isnt the be all and end all.

Interesting line from our good friends at Sky Bet now - they've cut Alan Shearer's odds of becoming Newcastle United's next permanent manager from 8/1 to 6/4 after significant support today from the Newcastle area. Senior football compiler Mike Triffitt said: "We've seen strong support for Shearer today from the North East. Things can only get better for Newcastle so perhaps Shearer is thinking it's not a bad time to step up to the plate."

Speculation is mounting that Alan Shearer could become the next manager of Newcastle United.

Following reports talks over a takeover at the North-East club are at an advanced stage, Sky Bet have cut odds on Shearer taking charge of the Magpies from 8/1 to 6/4 following significant support on Monday from the Newcastle area.

Interim manager Joe Kinnear is out to 9/2 (from 3/1) to be appointed on a permanent basis.

The latest name linked with buying out Magpies owner Mike Ashley is Philip Anschutz, the billionaire LA Galaxy supremo.

And it would appear Anschutz is keen to win favour with the fans by bringing in Geordie legend Shearer as boss.

According to the Daily Telegraph, only two US-based investors are left in the race to buy the troubled club.

While Anschutz is being billed as the Magpies' most credible suitor, Dallas-based businessman Clark Hunt, who owns MLS side FC Dallas and NFL outfit Kansas City Chiefs, is also being mooted as a serious rival.

Since hanging up his boots, Shearer has often been linked with a move into management at St James' Park and had discussions with former boss Kevin Keegan about a role alongside him earlier this year.

Only last month, he re-iterated his desire to move into a managerial role, admitting: "Management interests me.

"I can't turn round and say 'yes, I would be delighted to come here (to Newcastle)', because that would be wrong of me.

Successful

"But management interests me, at some stage of my career. I wouldn't rule anything out."

It is thought Ashley, who put the club up for sale following a fans' revolt over Keegan's resignation, will put Newcastle's future ahead of personal gain with the highest bidder not necessarily bound to be successful.

Instead, Ashley is expected to place emphasis on the prospective purchasers' financial credentials.

Newcastle's books are expected to be scrutinised soon under the due diligence process and a formal bid is expected to be lodged before the end of the month.

The favourable exchange rate for the dollar against the pound has strengthened the position of would-be American investors.

Keith Harris, the London-based investment banker who is handling the sale of Newcastle on Ashley's behalf, confirmed last week a field of seven potential buyers had been drastically narrowed down.

"We have two very serious contenders to buy it (Newcastle)," Harris said.

"Mike wants to get a maximum price but he also wants to make sure that it goes into hands that will look after it and nurture it for the future."

"It is not easy doing anything in this world whether it's selling a football club or anything else, but it will come through. It's not been a question of dropping the price from that level. It's been a question of making sure people have the absolute facts."

I'm sick to the back teeth of telling people why appointing Shearer would be such a suicidal move. Lets get taken over, get him in and back him to the hilt with cash. If he's mint then fine, if not then we'll just have to run the new owner out of town when he tries to get rid :(

I'm sick to the back teeth of telling people why appointing Shearer would be such a suicidal move. Lets get taken over, get him in and back him to the hilt with cash. If he's mint then fine, if not then we'll just have to run the new owner out of town when he tries to get rid :(

Agreed. If he turned out to be the next Ferguson i'd happily eat pie of humbleness.... just think it's a bloody big gamble to take.

Agreed. If he turned out to be the next Ferguson i'd happily eat pie of humbleness.... just think it's a bloody big gamble to take.

He isn't saying that though.

He isn't saying that though.

ok :(

I am tho ...but ....like ;)

He'd have to get the Man U job for a start, unless we are bought out by God or something.

Edited by Fop

He'd have to get the Man U job for a start, unless we are bought out by God or something.

Now there's a thought.

Mind, could get us in bother with Celtic fans.

Depends which one. I was hoping for The One True God - FSMOD.