You pick the owner

Ketsbaia

Lets turn the tables. Lets have a look at the four Stetson wearing, gun loving, rootin' tootin' Americans that are apparently interested in buying us and decide who we'd prefer.

Philip Anschutz

20070301__20070302_C1_BZ02ANSCHUTZ~1_200.JPG

Who is he?: Mega-rich owner of almost everything, including the LA Lakers, LA Galaxy, MEN Arena and the Millenium Dome.

How much is he worth?: Around $8 billion (approx £5.1 billion)

Pros: He has quite a good portfolio of investments in sports teams.

Cons: He's a neoconservative Christian fundementalist who doesn't particularly like gays.

Paul Allen

689_Allen-Paul.jpg

Who is he?:Co-founder of Microsoft with Bill Gates and now owner of Vulcan Inc. Also part owner of MLS side and new home of Freddy Ljungberg, the Seattle Sounders.

How much is he worth?: $16 billion (approx £10.3 billion)

Pros: Very, very rich with a lot of experience in owning sports sides behind him.

Cons: Bad teeth.

Clark Hunt

clark_hunt.jpg

Who is he?: Grandson of H.L. Hunt, thought to be the richest man in the US at the time of his death, he's currently head of the board at the Kansas City Chiefs. He also owns FC Dallas and has been a driving forced behind the MLS since it started.

How much is he worth?: Your guess is as good as mine. A quick Google search doesn't bring back any information about his net worth.

Pros: Seems to have a fairly deep interest in football, albeit in the US.

Cons: Some witty sub-editor will come up with a play on his name before too long. I don't particularly trust his comb over either.

Mark Cuban

mark-cuban-sirius.jpg

Who is he?: Yet another American billionaire with a love of sports. Made his money on t'internet and now owns NBA side Dallas Mavericks.

How much is he worth?: $2.8 billion (approx £1.8 billion)

Pros: He has a bit of cash. That seems about it.

Cons: Not the shy and retiring type. He likes to get his face on TV (He recently appeared on the US version of Strictly Come Dancing) and is always in trouble with the NBA for moaning about various things. He's like an American Fat Fred, minus the devilish good looks and love of short sleeve dress shirts. He also likes to sit amongst the fans while wearing the team jersey. Hmmm....who does that remind you of?

Credit must go to Wikipedia and Forbes.com for making me look like I know a lot about these lads :(

Edited by Ketsbaia

Allen - that Anschutz funds the Discovery Institute which marks him down as a fuckwit for me.

That Hunt looks too much like the "all American guy" and the last one sounds too much like a "dude".

Allen - that Anschutz funds the Discovery Institute which marks him down as a fuckwit for me.

That Hunt looks too much like the "all American guy" and the last one sounds too much like a "dude".

I think the word you're looking for is cunt ;)

I thought that was the American translation - much like their fanny/arse confusion.

I thought that was the American translation - much like their fanny/arse confusion.

:icon_lol: