Wigan (a)

ChocChip

Small squad, lot's of injuries, has to be the following i reckon.

.....................................Given......................................

Carr................Boum....................Taylor................Elliott

Bowyer.............Clark.................Parker................Da Zog

.......................Owen.................Shearer........................

Subs:

Harper

Moore

Faye

Emre

Ameobi

We'll do well to get a draw i reckon, i thought Wigan would do well and NUFC is exactly the kind of under-inspired 'big club' they'll relish turning over.

If they show too much respect to Owen we'll stand a chance but they'll be much better organised than we will IMO.

Prove me wrong lads. :razz:

Wigan have been doing well but Owen playing is a big plus compared to the Pompey game. At least we'll carry a goal threat.

45882[/snapback]

Yep, if they're frightened of him it should give the rest a bit more space to play because Wigan will rely heavily on closing down.

Of course we may get lucky like we did at Blackburn and stuff them after being run ragged :razz:

Wigan have been doing well but Owen playing is a big plus compared to the Pompey game. At least we'll carry a goal threat.

45882[/snapback]

Yep, if they're frightened of him it should give the rest a bit more space to play because Wigan will rely heavily on closing down.

Of course we may get lucky like we did at Blackburn and stuff them after being run ragged :razz:

45883[/snapback]

I wouldn't say we were run ragged at Blackburn. 3-0 definitely flattered us though.

No matter how many players we have injured and whoever we have to chuck out there at the moment, when i see Owen's name on the team sheet it makes an almighty difference, he is just that good, makes that much difference to our play and mood and is that reliable a goal threat.

However he does need some help from whichever midfilders are out there and also the tactics that are employed and Wigan away is no easy game.

I hope Emre gets a run out and is ready for the mackems and also that we can get Nobby back for the derby match, i want to see that shower facing Owen, Emre and Nobby with Big Al in his last home derby against them and maybe Clarkie making an appearnce at some point as he would love to turn them over.

Owen is in somewhat good form, he seems to have gotten some of his pace back and his touches are improving. Hes also playing better in the box with his back to goal.

I hope Emre is on the bench and Souness does not decide to take 'chances' by starting him.

Boum, Parker and Owen will be the crucial players in this game .. not to mention Given.

Will be watching it so will post an analysis after

Cheers and good luck

Edited by Yogic