Back Four...

Deano

I dont think anyone actually thought he had been compared to Bobby Moore (apart from maybe you). My point was that people were bigging him up saying he was easiy the best CB at the club when the truth is he wasnt even the best CB on the bench! Same applies to Bassong, and il be happy to gloat when he gets a game at CB and proves it. He like Bambi on ice man

So why say it then if nobody had actually said it?

He was the best CB at the club last season. It wasn't hard like. You'll happily see one of our players fail so you can get bragging rights on the internet. Some fan you are.

;) no he wasnt. Are you missing my point here? People were saying last season he was the best CB at the club when he wasnt even 3rd best, as was proved when he was sold to the mighty stoke. People are now saying Bassong is the best CB we have (Colo aside) and once again he isnt. JFK obviously rates him as 4th best.

one or two people denied either were ever said so I provided you with Alex's quote to prove my first point and a JFK quote to prove my second.

Now Alex is getting ratty :icon_lol:

Can you care to explain to me how he wasn't the best centre back and who was better? And he was sold to Stoke for personal reasons. With regards to Bassong, he could potentially be that as he isn't tested there yet which I would like him to be, as the others have proven that they aren't good enough.

I dont think anyone actually thought he had been compared to Bobby Moore (apart from maybe you). My point was that people were bigging him up saying he was easiy the best CB at the club when the truth is he wasnt even the best CB on the bench! Same applies to Bassong, and il be happy to gloat when he gets a game at CB and proves it. He like Bambi on ice man

So why say it then if nobody had actually said it?

He was the best CB at the club last season. It wasn't hard like. You'll happily see one of our players fail so you can get bragging rights on the internet. Some fan you are.

;) no he wasnt. Are you missing my point here? People were saying last season he was the best CB at the club when he wasnt even 3rd best, as was proved when he was sold to the mighty stoke. People are now saying Bassong is the best CB we have (Colo aside) and once again he isnt. JFK obviously rates him as 4th best.

one or two people denied either were ever said so I provided you with Alex's quote to prove my first point and a JFK quote to prove my second.

Now Alex is getting ratty :icon_lol:

Who denied that then?

Its pretty unanimous that Taylor is'nt well liked on here, im probably one in the minority that still thinks he can develope into a quality CB, with the experience of playing alongside Colo he can only improve, and like i said,once we have climbed the table and there pressure is less he will go from strength to strength.

I understand peoples point that Enrique should start ahead of bassong for his long ball ability, but ahem i dont want my FB to be playing long balls, i just think Enrique defensively isnt all that, its just my opinion but im much more impressed with bassong at LB and as i said in th OP should bassong develope his attacking side of his game he would certainly be my 1st choice LB for years to come.

Bassong could and would probably do well at CB but im just not really into a totally foreign back four, and i genuinly do have faith in tayls and colo, so too has JFK and KK did too, and im pretty sure the next guy inthe hot seat will stick with Tayls and Colo too.

The main problem to me is LB but iv thrown my 2p in.

I think it was OzToonFan who said last night we need to find and blood a new right back? I agree, but who? Gunter at Spurs?

RB is way down the list of priorities.

I never said it was mate just will need to be looked at, beye is 30 so 2-3 years at most left in him. Geremi is gash, apart from that we have no natural cover.

By no means a priority but gotta be on the agenda for the new guy

Its pretty unanimous that Taylor is'nt well liked on here, im probably one in the minority that still thinks he can develope into a quality CB, with the experience of playing alongside Colo he can only improve, and like i said,once we have climbed the table and there pressure is less he will go from strength to strength.

I understand peoples point that Enrique should start ahead of bassong for his long ball ability, but ahem i dont want my FB to be playing long balls, i just think Enrique defensively isnt all that, its just my opinion but im much more impressed with bassong at LB and as i said in th OP should bassong develope his attacking side of his game he would certainly be my 1st choice LB for years to come.

Bassong could and would probably do well at CB but im just not really into a totally foreign back four, and i genuinly do have faith in tayls and colo, so too has JFK and KK did too, and im pretty sure the next guy inthe hot seat will stick with Tayls and Colo too.

I think it was OzToonFan who said last night we need to find and blood a new right back? I agree, but who? Gunter at Spurs?

This is why KK was after Warnock.

Isnt he out of contract end of this season too?

Even still id be going for him again in january with a fresh 5mil offer

Isnt he out of contract end of this season too?

Even still id be going for him again in january with a fresh 5mil offer

;)

Poor mans Michael Dawson TBH. And Dawson is rubbish.

Not for sale.