Craig Moore

Greg

Socceroos veteran and Queensland Roar captain Craig Moore has been diagnosed with testicular cancer.

The 32-year-old had surgery yesterday and has been told by his doctor the prognosis is good.

Moore has been advised to rest for the next fortnight, forcing him out of Australia's World Cup qualifying game against Bahrain next week.

The defender had only recently come out of international retirement, having played in the qualifying match against Qatar on October 15.

Australian coach Pim Verbeek said he was stunned by the news.

"It's always a shock to hear of a diagnosis like this but I am encouraged by the prognosis from the medical practitioner," Verbeek was quoted as saying on the Football Federation Australia website.

"I speak for the entire team in wishing him a speedy recovery."

In a statement, the Queensland Roar said it was "fully focused" on helping Moore in his recovery.

"Craig's health and wellbeing are of the utmost importance to the club and we will offer him and his family all the support required in order to help him make a full recovery," the statement said.

"At this point there are no thoughts regarding injury replacement players and the club will be guided by medical advice on a time frame for Craig's return to training and playing."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/12/2418048.htm

Not the best player in the world but did a decent job for us at times, wish him well and hope he makes a full recovery.

Craig Moore is a dead set legend. The best player ever to play for Newcastle United. He captained his country with pride. He will beat this because he is just that good.

Damn right.

You're a good man Mr Fist.

Craig Moore is a dead set legend. The slowest player ever to play for Newcastle United. He captained his country with pride. He will beat this because he is just that good.

More like.

Don't you change my words sir. He led the way for Aussie legends at this club. Moore and Viduka. Only in the last few years could Newcastle be deemed a big club, they just needed to be touched by greatness first.

Edited by Steve

Craig Moore is a dead set legend. The best australian called Craig ever to play for Newcastle United. He captained his country with pride. He will beat this because he is just that good.

Damn right.

You're a good man Mr Fist.

There you go.

As I said tho, wish him well