Underachievers XI

Optimistic Nut

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean Richards?

I know he had injury problems though, how bad were they?

They retired him, shadow on the brain apparently. Not sure what that means but I reckon it might be bad.

Edited by Danny B

Same thing as Tom Hanks had in Joe vs. The Volcano.

Highest ever fee paid for a player never to be an international when he went to Spurs. Gullit thought about going for him on a free when he went from Bradford to Southampton iirc. In his infinite wisdom he went for Marcelino instead.

Was that not physcosymatic?

Aye, he was told he had it so he would go and jump in the volcano (thinking he was dying anyway). What a shit film btw. I saw that at the flicks as well.

Aye, he was told he had it so he would go and jump in the volcano (thinking he was dying anyway). What a shit film btw. I saw that at the flicks as well.

I dont think someone lied to Deano to make him retire, although if I had thought of it I might.

Didnt the big sign outside the cinema saying "Joe vs the Volcano, starring Tom Hanks" make you think it may be a bit rubbish?

I dont think someone lied to Deano to make him retire, although if I had thought of it I might.

Didnt the big sign outside the cinema saying "Joe vs the Volcano, starring Tom Hanks" make you think it may be a bit rubbish?

Is a brain shadow an actual medical condition then? I was taking the piss like, obviously.

I think I was baby-sitting my sister at the time and it was the only thing on we could both get in or something. Can't remember in all honesty.

Is a brain shadow an actual medical condition then? I was taking the piss like, obviously.

I think I was baby-sitting my sister at the time and it was the only thing on we could both get in or something. Can't remember in all honesty.

It was actually a deep inner ear infection but they did a scan and there were rumours flying around that they had found a shadow in his brain. Funny now when you look back, cost him his career though.

It was actually a deep inner ear infection but they did a scan and there were rumours flying around that they had found a shadow in his brain. Funny now when you look back, cost him his career though.

I wasn't suggesting it was funny at the time. By 'shadow on the brain' I presume there was a 'shadow' n an x-ray, which they thought at the time may have indicated a brain tumour. It didn't though, fortunately.

Just been thinking there, and there's one name who should be walking into the number 9 shirt to partner Jeffers that I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet...

Carl Cort.

From an England Under-21, £7m striker when we bought him, down to Wolves, Leicester, and last time I heard was playing for Marbella in the third-tier of Spanish football. Can't imagine he'd be far past the 30-year old mark either.