Bruce regrets Newcastle snub

Jimbo

Steve Bruce heads to Newcastle admitting he regrets turning down the chance to manage his hometown club.

The Wigan boss was offered the post four years ago when he was in charge at Birmingham. He rejected the opportunity of an emotional return home, having just signed a long-term deal at St Andrew's.

The temptation to walk out on Birmingham was tempered by fears his previous frequent switching of jobs would hand him an unwanted reputation as a man unable to stick it out at one club.

But Bruce has since lived to regret his loyalty and admits his son, Ipswich defender Alex, gave him stick for refusing to head home.

He said: 'I have regretted not going. Of course I have. The opportunity was when Sir Bobby Robson left but I had just signed a new deal at Birmingham.

'It was the most difficult decision of my life. Being a Geordie, it was always the team I supported as a boy. It was a huge decision. Even the family were surprised. My son Alex even said to me: "What you doing, you daft idiot?".'

Bruce is a horrible turd of a man. What was Fat Freddie thinking? I've been shit scared for years that we'll end up with him. Or just as bad O'Leary. Two men the remote control was invented for.

'Being a Geordie, it was always the team I supported as a boy.'

But not as an adult, eh Steve?

I'll never forget him saying he'd prefer Man Utd to win the Cup Final in 1999... Cunt

'Being a Geordie, it was always the team I supported as a boy.'

But not as an adult, eh Steve?

I'll never forget him saying he'd prefer Man Utd to win the Cup Final in 1999... Cunt

And that's a statement any future owner of this club should bear in mind, the guy is a complete prick.

Steve Bruce heads to Newcastle admitting he regrets turning down the chance to manage his hometown club.

The Wigan boss was offered the post four years ago when he was in charge at Birmingham. He rejected the opportunity of an emotional return home, having just signed a long-term deal at St Andrew's.

The temptation to walk out on Birmingham was tempered by fears his previous frequent switching of jobs would hand him an unwanted reputation as a man unable to stick it out at one club.

But Bruce has since lived to regret his loyalty and admits his son, Ipswich defender Alex, gave him stick for refusing to head home.

He said: 'I have regretted not going. Of course I have. The opportunity was when Sir Bobby Robson left but I had just signed a new deal at Birmingham.

'It was the most difficult decision of my life. Being a Geordie, it was always the team I supported as a boy. It was a huge decision. Even the family were surprised. My son Alex even said to me: "What you doing, you daft idiot?".'

He's a Geordie? He never mentions it. :angry: