Guti for me is an enigma.

Park Life

His weakness is he looks to be pretty bad at shooting, having no real power when he does actually have a crack

This what really bugs me. Not only to we have players who can't pass we have players whose shooting is woeful. How the fuck these blokes get to this level without such a basic skill is beyond me. It's also beyond me that when a player has an obvious weakness (eg Andy Cole and heading) why the hell it isn't worked on extensively in training. What the hell do they do "all day"?

Thye basically smoke grass, play PS3. put down depostits on mansions and drink champagne with prostitutes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with a good stint with oba and owen upfront we will start to see more from him though. Hopefully :lol:

Agreed, I think that both Owen and himself would benefit from playing together, unfortunately JFK seems intent on not letting that happen.

He's been about the only ray of light in this season for me, I agree in the last couple of games he's been a bit disapointing (although I think he's improved as the games went on and was taken off at the wrong time in both games) but before those he's been excellent. His passing is a massive improvement on the rest of the team (wouldn't take much like) he can beat a man with ease and his graft is great (should have done better for their first goal on Saturday like). And unlike the rest of our one paced cloggers he's actually fast.

Duff for me on Saturday was wank and moving him to the right to accomodate other players made no sense to me (I know they were swapping throughout but the change meant he was stuck there for the rest of the game).

The only downside I have with Spideman is he can't shoot but neither can duff (or Shola for that matter).

half the thing with finishing is not hitting it too hard. pass the ball into the net!

thats what i did when i was playing at left back for my pub team, 3 own goals later and i didn't get a game!....

:lol:

You dont get a lot of time to settle at Newcastle before the fans get on your back!

For two new players in the prem, Collicini and Jonas, have looked alright.

Harsh IMO.

You dont get a lot of time to settle at Newcastle before the fans get on your back!

Harsh IMO.

So you reckon Jonas will magically be able to shoot in a few weeks?

Harsh IMO.

Haven't you heard? We are deluded and fickle.

Harsh IMO.

Haven't you heard? We are deluded and fickle.

Wtf!

I didn't even mention he 'lopes' like an new born Bambi. :lol:

Harsh IMO.

You're probably right tbf. I think my frustration with Jonas is more borne out the first goal on Saturday where he could and should have done a lot more. The lad has shown some decent touches and, like you say, is still adjusting and he got that shoulder injury on international duty on top of that. As for Collocini, he's looked alright as well. He does look like he's not great in the air though for a PL central defender. More of a sweeper who needs a big lad alongside him-type of player, as I've said all along. The fans aren't getting on either players' back at the games though.

Harsh IMO.

So you reckon Jonas will magically be able to shoot in a few weeks?

I have noticed exactly the same with Modric, too much emphasis on placing the ball rather than whacking it. It'll come.

Harsh IMO.

You're probably right tbf. I think my frustration with Jonas is more borne out the first goal on Saturday where he could and should have done a lot more. The lad has shown some decent touches and, like you say, is still adjusting and he got that shoulder injury on international duty on top of that. As for Collocini, he's looked alright as well. He does look like he's not great in the air though for a PL central defender. More of a sweeper who needs a big lad alongside him-type of player, as I've said all along. The fans aren't getting on either players' back at the games though.

Agree about Collo, needs a big oaf next to him (like Faye?)....

Harsh IMO.

Agree about Collo, needs a big oaf next to him (like Faye?)....

Aye, Faye would have been a decent partner for him imo. Taylor is the closest thing we have although he's not as big and strong as you'd like.

I don't think anyone's been unfair really. Considering Gutierrez was our most attacking summer signing, you have to say it's disappointing he's only been able to proveide one assist, despite playing a half hour more than Geremi this season who's supplied 4.

I don't think anyone's been unfair really. Considering Gutierrez was our most attacking summer signing, you have to say it's disappointing he's only been able to proveide one assist, despite playing a half hour more than Geremi this season who's supplied 4.

It's often a case of lies, damn lies and stats with some of the stuff you post (I think that's deliberate and tongue-in-cheek on you part anyway a lot of the time) but that is quite telling imo.

It's often a case of lies, damn lies and stats with some of the stuff you post (I think that's deliberate and tongue-in-cheek on you part anyway a lot of the time) but that is quite telling imo.

statto.jpg

If could transplant Guti's legs onto Geriatric... Or Geremi's mind onto Guti we'd have some player. :lol: