Guti for me is an enigma.

Park Life

This still seems to be rumbling on...

"Real Mallorca are set to hold Newcastle to ransom for £11.75m :lol: of the confusing transfer of Jonas Gutierrez, whilst Greek starlet Kryiakos Papadopoulos has been linked with a move to St James' Park...

Whether it's for the current St James' Park regime or the new one, Newcastle United are set to have a headache over Jonas Gutierrez's controversial switch from Real Mallorca.

The acquisition of the exciting Argentine has been one of the few recent positives for the disgruntled Toon faithful, but even that seems to have gone wrong.

The man with the Spiderman mask has spun himself a confusing web after seemingly invoking FIFA's Article 17 - the Webster clause - to get himself out of his Barralets contract.

Mallorca chiefs are still raging over the free transfer and The Sun reports that a Spanish judge will decide in February whether or not United will have to fork out up to £11.75 million for the 25-year-old hitman.

RCD Mallorca lawyer Vicente Morales claimed: “Newcastle are clearly liable in this matter. They signed Jonas without paying a euro, but the Argentinian was still under contract."

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Real Mallorca are set to hold Newcastle to ransom for £11.75m :lol: of the confusing transfer of Jonas Gutierrez, whilst Greek starlet Kryiakos Papadopoulos has been linked with a move to St James' Park...

Whether it's for the current St James' Park regime or the new one, Newcastle United are set to have a headache over Jonas Gutierrez's controversial switch from Real Mallorca.

The acquisition of the exciting Argentine has been one of the few recent positives for the disgruntled Toon faithful, but even that seems to have gone wrong.

The man with the Spiderman mask has spun himself a confusing web after seemingly invoking FIFA's Article 17 - the Webster clause - to get himself out of his Barralets contract.

Mallorca chiefs are still raging over the free transfer and The Sun reports that a Spanish judge will decide in February whether or not United will have to fork out up to £11.75 million for the 25-year-old hitman.

RCD Mallorca lawyer Vicente Morales claimed: “Newcastle are clearly liable in this matter. They signed Jonas without paying a euro, but the Argentinian was still under contract."

Im sure i read that article a while ago

It's about 3 weeks old. I put it up just to give people some background. There is still no clarification on the compensation iirc. Anybody know what is happening here?

It's about 3 weeks old. I put it up just to give people some background. There is still no clarification on the compensation iirc. Anybody know what is happening here?

I actually dont think anything will happen, gutierrez was quite within his rights to activate the webster ruling on his contract. I just think Mallorca are reeling and bitter, one because they didnt accept a bid from pompey and two because they were oblivious to the webster ruling?

Just a thought

"Real Mallorca are set to hold Newcastle to ransom for £11.75m :icon_lol: of the confusing transfer of Jonas Gutierrez, whilst Greek starlet Kryiakos Papadopoulos has been linked with a move to St James' Park...

I actually dont think anything will happen, gutierrez was quite within his rights to activate the webster ruling on his contract. I just think Mallorca are reeling and bitter, one because they didnt accept a bid from pompey and two because they were oblivious to the webster ruling?

Just a thought

Hope so. :lol: