To improve we must...

Deano

None of all that "Buy a new squad" malarky.

We are capable with the squad we have now to possess a good starting 11.

Thing is what aspects do you think we need to improve in?

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Anticipation and movement (Essenstially our strikers though owens movement is good)

Passing

I say we'd have to appoint you as manager.

Harping on about anticipation is all well and good but if Martins isn't any good at it now, he never will be.

Passing :lol: THAT'S what we need!

What a great idea! Then i could appoint you as my bitch to moan at the press each week saying we got beat because the other fans we shouting nasty things at the players!

:icon_lol:

Also, it's all well and good saying "passing" but we pass the ball; it's just sidewards. We need someone (and we have for years) to sit in the midfield and unlock the defence with some killer passes and I don't think a player like N'Zogbia is the answer to those problems in midfield at all. Yes, he runs at defences but he usually ends up in alleyways and his final ball is to be desired. Barton is a canny player but I don't think he's the man who can create consistently and it's obviously not Butt or Guthrie's jobs to do that in the midfield. Guti in the middle is an option but I'd say (couple of poor games withstanding) that he's a far stronger option on the flanks than either Duff or N'Zogbia right now considering he seems to be able to get past players well.

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Anticipation and movement (Essenstially our strikers though owens movement is good)

Passing

Wow. :lol: Somebody should pass this on to someone at the club. Composer on the ball? Mozart?

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Passing

Wow. :lol: Somebody should pass this on to someone at the club. Composer on the ball? Mozart?

We've already got some half deaf fuckers the way they keep pointing at their ears when they fuck up.

Also, it's all well and good saying "passing" but we pass the ball; it's just sidewards. We need someone (and we have for years) to sit in the midfield and unlock the defence with some killer passes and I don't think a player like N'Zogbia is the answer to those problems in midfield at all. Yes, he runs at defences but he usually ends up in alleyways and his final ball is to be desired. Barton is a canny player but I don't think he's the man who can create consistently and it's obviously not Butt or Guthrie's jobs to do that in the midfield. Guti in the middle is an option but I'd say (couple of poor games withstanding) that he's a far stronger option on the flanks than either Duff or N'Zogbia right now considering he seems to be able to get past players well.

Your right but its not the wingers jobs to unlock defences with passes through the middle, they are there to bomb down the flanks and cross or cut inside. But funnily enough it was zogs pass which unlocked the defence for oba's goal.

And again i agree about barton, he is the only one who looks for a forward pass through the middle, and iv said that him and guthrie would be the best choice in the engine room. Guthrie to roam around, closing down and harrassing players and barton with a bit more attacking freedom to create. We need to see more in terms on productivity from gutierrez as running isnt enough and i hope he has it because he has shown great promise.

The problem still remains though that we need a creative midfielder, thing is there isnt much available out there when your mid table medicrity at best. If we could get someone in with natural vision and craft then id use barton and the busy body in midfield.

Problems problems problems

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Passing

:icon_lol:

I think he means composed?

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Passing

touché

He has to put the right players out the pitch before we even begin to improve as a team.

Owen

Martins

Zoggy

Barton

Butt

Guti

Bassong

Colo

Taylor

Baye

Given

Bench:

Harper

Enrique

Duff

Guthrie

Ranger

Ameobi

Only thing id say is guthrie for butt...i just feel butt is a liability, too slow, wasteful and wreckless.

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Passing

That is the one major problem, cant fucking pass 5 yards to one of their own players.

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Passing

Lennon and McCartney? Albeit Aaron and George.

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Passing

http://eng.spartak.com/usr/club/player.asp...07&mid=1539

?

Id say...

Composer on the ball

Positioning

Passing

http://eng.spartak.com/usr/club/player.asp...07&mid=1539

?

Lol only you could of done that isegrim fella haha :icon_lol: