Your Lowest Point Of Supporting Newcastle Ever??

Cheetzy

I have to say many people on here are talking about optimism waning and the situation were currently in.

But my lowest point ever was Wigan at boxing day under Allardyce last year, we lost 1-0 we had 1 shot all game(through Viduka) and i blew all of my christmas money on it. I really thought we were in the shit. I thought it was going to be a long haul and i couldn't see where we could escape.

Looking at the squad now compared to then it is miles better, alot of people didn't like the appointment of JK but at least we are grinding out points. We got hammered on our own patch today which is unacceptable but would we have scored twice if we went back a year to an Allardyce team? Doubtful. The fact that we ground out a point is more reason to be happy then dissapointed after playing utterly bollocks this should be seen as a point gained rather then 2 points lost even though we conceeded late.

Edited by Cheetzy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say many people on here are talking about optimism waning and the situation were currently in.

But my lowest point ever was Wigan at boxing day under Allardyce last year, we lost 1-0 we had 1 shot all game(through Viduka) and i blew all of my christmas money on it. I really thought we were in the shit. I thought it was going to be a long haul and i couldn't see where we could escape.

Looking at the squad now compared to then it is miles better, alot of people didn't like the appointment of JK but at least we are grinding out points. We got hammered on our own patch today which is unacceptable but would we have scored twice if we went back a year to an Allardyce team? Doubtful. The fact that we ground out a point is more reason to be happy then dissapointed after playing utterly bollocks this should be seen as a point gained rather then 2 points lost even though we conceeded late.

The Wigan game was shit because we could and should have performed better with the players at our disposal but the man in charge was interested in knicking points away from home.

Todays result is hard to take as it really is a kick in the cunt. All the hard work that Kinnear did in his first few games has been undone by his weird team selections and cackhanded substitutions. As I said in another thread some of his decisions have been borderline Souness.

It may not be my lowest point supporting the club but knowing we could only 'grind' out a draw with a Wigan side missing it's two best players is very hard to swollow.

Dunno about the lowest but this season really has been poor so far, we just havnt got going since KK left, which is understandable seeing as we have an interim manager and the future of the club is still in the balance. But off the pitch chaos aside, on the pitch we have been wank. Today was awful, not only were we played off the pitch by a shit team from lancashit with a fat plastic pug faced geordie for a manager. We were resoundingly embarassed AT HOME by ten men.

I have a worrying feeling that if the WHOLE situation isnt resolved in january the lowest point ever will be on the last day of the season when we are joining the likes of forest and burnley for some top quality football in the championship!

Too good to go down? not at all

Edited by Geordie Lad...

bloody hell young'un, i think my lowest point was 25/4/1992 going into the portsmouth game needing a win, everything was resting on it, lose and relegation was nailed on, and the club would have gone bump, but Ned Kelly had other ideas, scored a belter and we ran on pitch at ft, faced with a huge fookoff police dog we soon got off ;-)

After 50 years of supporting them there are many to name, but we tend to put it to the back of our mind and think of the future, just one win, just one piece of silverware and we'd be happy, we would celebrate and live off the silverware trophy for many a year.

I am, I am proud to have seen NUFC win something in my lifetime, something a vast number of our fans have not and can only look forward to the day we do.

To answer the question of the post, I have to say it was yesterday because I went to the game optomistic that we would win, and then once again saw the team selection and who was on the bench. Quite frankly JFK just does not cut it for me. I now am expecting the worst for the rest of this season as I do not expect a new buyer to step up to the plate and take over NUFC.

The play-off loss by a million miles.

Small beer in the real scheme of things but still stupidly painful.

Having said that as I get older apathy seems to be closer to the surface - I tend now to think that Keegan's return was like a hand to a drowning man that let me breathe for a few seconds before his departure has pushed me under like a rescuer with an oar.

I think its going to take a lot to make me care as much again.

Considering I'm only nearly 16, my all time low of supporting Newcastle has to be either :

1. This seasons derby defeat to Sunderland, as it was my first real away game and I went myself, and I was totally gutted

or

2. When we got beat in the semi-final of the FA Cup, after all the time and effort spent getting there, then we get beat 4-1..

The play-off loss by a million miles.

:lol:

After that it has to be the defeat to West Ham at home the season before which confirmed our relegation from Division One. Didn't think it'd get muh worse but losing to the Mackems and then watch so-called 'fellow fans' trying to get the game abandoned was gut-wrenching and embarrassing.

I'm not undermining anyones lowest point, but mine takes the piss, in terms of not just support Newcastle, but any team. I was 14 years of age, its New Years Eve, I've had 4 cans and I'm utterly mortal. Me and my mate are walking the five miles to the town because we wanted to save the taxi money for when we get down to Southend. We're walking along the West Road near the Hospital some kid 3 or 4 years older hits me for no fucking reason and I'm in tears. We board the bus 4am New Years Day to Southend. We get there Newcastle are bottom of the Second Division, we're playing Southend, probably the smallest club we've ever played in League football for a 12 o'clock kick off, and we give the most gutless horrible performance I've ever seen in my life, and we lose 4-0. We remain bottom of the league. 7 hour bus trip home listening to a shit Chubby Brown tape on the bus, half heartedly laughing cos everyone else is when none of its funny. Now that was rock bottom. I will say one thing, whenever you hear people say there's something different about Newcastle fans, or we're this that or the other. Honestly most of our fans now are wankers, but we had 2,000 at Southend 300 miles from home not won in 10 on New Years fucking Day, we genuinely did have the best fans in this country. Honestly as well.

Edited by Stevie

I was at that southend game as well. The only good thing about that day was that I was staying in Caterham and didn't have to go all the way home.At least then I could still get pissed off now it's becoming more a shrug of the shoulders and shake of the head.

A few matches before KK arrived in 92. Charlton at home; we lost 4-3 in the last minute. Can someone help-were we 3 goals up? I can't remember the exact sequence of the goals but I always remeber it that way.

Anyway it was about as depressed as I've ever been following the toon as at that moment I just thought there was no hope left.

I've been more nervous than that: Portsmouth home game at the end of the same season, and more acutely pained: Sunderland 1990 play offs, but as to all round lowest point, devoid of any hope whatever, it has to be that Charlton game.

If it's the same game I'm thinking of it was 3-1 to us at one point (at half-time). And we lost 4-3. Actually had some ok players in that side although we were suicidally reckless at the back. If you think we're dodgy at the back now. We also had too many kids playing. I think Watson and Elliott were just out of school and they were our starting full-backs a canny few times. Lee Clark was a similar age and playing in midfield too.

If it's the same game I'm thinking of it was 3-1 to us at one point (at half-time). And we lost 4-3. Actually had some ok players in that side although we were suicidally reckless at the back. If you think we're dodgy at the back now. We also had too many kids playing. I think Watson and Elliott were just out of school and they were our starting full-backs a canny few times. Lee Clark was a similar age and playing in midfield too.

Aye i think that might be right. I remember a 12 year old Steve Watson trying to dive header the Charlton winner off the line. He was going ape shit after the goal and I just remember thinking: thats it, we're down and we're not coming back and (as you allude) on top of that we're going to lose the few decent young lads we have too, just like in the past.

I felt physically nauseous for the rest of the day and numb for about a fortnight.

I just realised I forgot to add 'losing the Prem title' to my earlier post. Fuck me it's been a right barrell of laughs these last 30 years! :lol:

Honourable mention also to going down in 1989. I think that was more to do with the fact I was only 12 at the time though and didnt have the coping mechanisms-hence it felt like the injustice of the century.

Exeter

Brighton

Play offs

1974 final and all the others

Oxford

hereford

Being the underdogs against the likes of shrewsbury, Oxford, Carlisle, Notts county, Grimsby, Oldham, and loads more they are lows.

Signing Pirez (lionel) not Robert.

Its a bit like player wise. With Newcastle it is easier to pick the best of tahn the worst.

Exeter

Brighton

Play offs

1974 final and all the others

Oxford

hereford

Being the underdogs against the likes of shrewsbury, Oxford, Carlisle, Notts county, Grimsby, Oldham, and loads more they are lows.

Signing Pirez (lionel) not Robert.

Its a bit like player wise. With Newcastle it is easier to pick the best of tahn the worst.

Edwardian era bandwagon jumper tbh. Cry me a fucking river.