Your Lowest Point Of Supporting Newcastle Ever??

Cheetzy

Exeter

Brighton

Play offs

1974 final and all the others

Oxford

hereford

Being the underdogs against the likes of shrewsbury, Oxford, Carlisle, Notts county, Grimsby, Oldham, and loads more they are lows.

Signing Pirez (lionel) not Robert.

Its a bit like player wise. With Newcastle it is easier to pick the best of tahn the worst.

Edwardian era bandwagon jumper tbh. Cry me a fucking river.

You've got it.

I tell you that Southend 4-0 defeat was bad, but there's a few times I've actually shed tears. When we lost to Sunderland in 1990 was one, was the first time I can remember feeling emotional pain, but the worst Ive ever been was 1995 when we lost to Everton. Honestly I cried for an hour after the game, full of drink, I was so sure we were going to win the FA Cup, and to make matters worse Fox missed an open goal.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how Fox missed that chance.

Aye :lol: I was so upset, a lot of it was the dream I had of seeing The Toon at Wembley as a kid, and it was gone. He hit the side netting when it was easier to score.

Ferguson took Peacock to the cleaners in that game too. It was embarrassing by the end. Was it 1-0 final score? We'd have beat them at home like. They won the FA Cup that year as well didn't they?

Exeter

Brighton

Play offs

Oxford

hereford

Being the underdogs against the likes of shrewsbury, Oxford, Carlisle, Notts county, Grimsby, Oldham, and loads more they are lows.

Its a bit like player wise. With Newcastle it is easier to pick the best of tahn the worst.

Ferguson took Peacock to the cleaners in that game too. It was embarrassing by the end. Was it 1-0 final score? We'd have beat them at home like. They won the FA Cup that year as well didn't they?

Aye Ferguson was the only possible way we could get beat. Blue dippers won the Cup against Man Utd as well aye, and to add insult to injury I'm pretty sure Everton winning the cup somehow meant we weren't in Europe the next season.

Aye Ferguson was the only possible way we could get beat. Blue dippers won the Cup against Man Utd as well aye, and to add insult to injury I'm pretty sure Everton winning the cup somehow meant we weren't in Europe the next season.

Looking back it would have been equally typical if we had got to the final that year since we'd sold Cole not too long before and hadn't bought Sir Les yet. Kitson up front. :lol:

Brighton

Trelford Mills? I think that was the year Brighton got to the final against Man Utd.

na i remember going down there and getting beat Liam brady Manager. I was at the Brighton where Trelford mills was an abortion. :lol:

1978 - 79 got beat 2 - 0 down there. Up here I think if they lost and the mackems won the mackems went up. Was loads of us amongst them in the Leazes for once hoping we got beat. Near the end of the match they started to take the piss (think we would get used to it) battles all over after that.

Before me time but I can remember the controversy. Showed the disallowed goals on telly as well on the news.

I remember that game clearly... The bloke was lucky to get out of SJP alive tbh - people wanted blood.

It was a travesty of the highest order.

The 'play off' season was full of the now I come to think of it - one which springs to mind was being brought down to earth with a huge bump by Steve Bull on NYD. Scored all 4 goals for Wolves as they run riot. I think there and then I knew we weren't good enough to bounce straight back up.

The other one was the cup game against Man Utd. Despite being behind 3 times, I think we gave the the run around and they were lucky to come away with a 3-2 win. Mind you I still to this day don't know how we got away with Kevin Scott's goal. Quinny was on a his hands and knees beind Jim Leighton's legs, school-playground stylie making damned sure he tripped over him... :lol:

Derby away '92 with three sent off. Brian Coddington??

I was in with the Derby fans on top of that.

My proudest day as a toon fan despite losing 4-1. I don't care what anyone says, there's not one club in this country could've matched our support that day, that's not looking back with rose tinted glasses it's an absolute nailed on fact, and not a mackem accent to be heard neither. Terry Mac sent to the stand as well. We were actually the better side with 9 men, but when it went to 8 that was that. Gabbiadini got some of the most epic abuse ever in that game, up there with the abuse David Speedie got the same season.

I'm not undermining anyones lowest point, but mine takes the piss, in terms of not just support Newcastle, but any team. I was 14 years of age, its New Years Eve, I've had 4 cans and I'm utterly mortal. Me and my mate are walking the five miles to the town because we wanted to save the taxi money for when we get down to Southend. We're walking along the West Road near the Hospital some kid 3 or 4 years older hits me for no fucking reason and I'm in tears. We board the bus 4am New Years Day to Southend. We get there Newcastle are bottom of the Second Division, we're playing Southend, probably the smallest club we've ever played in League football for a 12 o'clock kick off, and we give the most gutless horrible performance I've ever seen in my life, and we lose 4-0. We remain bottom of the league. 7 hour bus trip home listening to a shit Chubby Brown tape on the bus, half heartedly laughing cos everyone else is when none of its funny. Now that was rock bottom. I will say one thing, whenever you hear people say there's something different about Newcastle fans, or we're this that or the other. Honestly most of our fans now are wankers, but we had 2,000 at Southend 300 miles from home not won in 10 on New Years fucking Day, we genuinely did have the best fans in this country. Honestly as well.

I was at that one, it was unbeleivable how crap we were

Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of my first match. (FORTY YEARS!!) and today I feel as gloomy about the future as in any of those years.

Just realised but New Year's Day will be 26 years since my first game. :icon_lol::lol:

I'm still reeling from realising. Forty fuckin years.

The family spongebob are in for a right boring time over the dinnertable tonight. I shall be regailing with tales of valour and misery all night long

Peanuts hoyed out to you

The supporters club opposite the Strawberry

The 5 minute flag

Floodlight pylons

Saint James Wrestling Hall

Football league supplement in programme

Walls for bogs

The Magpie club

Lord Westwood

Spike rawlings guesting at testimonials

Trees by the Popular

Jinky breaking that kids leg

Supa Mac's goal versus Leicester

Gordon Marshall swinging around the post and the ball going in

Writing your name on the bog rolls

Playing with the grit

Come on you old bastard a few more obscure memeories,not just the famous ones :pray:

Just realised but New Year's Day will be 26 years since my first game. :icon_lol::lol:

The family spongebob are in for a right boring time over the dinnertable tonight. I shall be regailing with tales of valour and misery all night long

Peanuts hoyed out to you

The 5 minute flag

Floodlight pylons

Walls for bogs

The Magpie club

Lord Westwood

Trees by the Popular

Playing with the grit

Come on you old bastard a few more obscure memeories,not just the famous ones :pray:

Being electrocuted by the bare wires hanging from the scoreboard?

Peanuts hoyed out to you

The 5 minute flag

Floodlight pylons

Walls for bogs

The Magpie club

Lord Westwood

Trees by the Popular

Playing with the grit

Being electrocuted by the bare wires hanging from the scoreboard?

waiting for the scores to come up match a etc

Exeter

Brighton

Play offs

Oxford

hereford

You've got it.

I tell you that Southend 4-0 defeat was bad, but there's a few times I've actually shed tears. When we lost to Sunderland in 1990 was one, was the first time I can remember feeling emotional pain, but the worst Ive ever been was 1995 when we lost to Everton. Honestly I cried for an hour after the game, full of drink, I was so sure we were going to win the FA Cup, and to make matters worse Fox missed an open goal.

Fucking hell, I did too for exactly the same reason!

Looking back it's weird as it was only the quater finals but something about that year made me think that we were going to do it. To top it off I got a nosebleed too so I was a complete mess. Just a mixture of snot, blood and tears :lol:

I also cried when we lost to Man United in the final. I thought we were going to knick that'un an'aal but it was made worse by the fact my mate who was a fairweather Man United supporter at the time (Now Sunderland) acted like the world's biggest cunt afterwards. I had a bit of a hissy fit in my garage post-match when he'd fucked off. We no longer speak :icon_lol:

To be fair I was only a bairn both of these times but I can remember the pain quite vividly.

Peanuts hoyed out to you

The 5 minute flag

Floodlight pylons

Walls for bogs

The Magpie club

Lord Westwood

Trees by the Popular

Playing with the grit

trying to work out the half time scores from the alphabet code thing in the programme

was it 11 matches after we lashed out the money for the new scoreboard (big club) before we scored a goal

Trevor Hockey shouting at somebody in the a-wing paddock stood behind me, me thinking Trevor Hockey probably the most frightening man in the world

First game in the new stand, Luton in the cup - I was in about two hours early cos my doddery old aunt took me as a treat. 0-2 Johny Aston. AAh its always been about the glory