Ash to splash cash if sale hopes dashed?

Ketsbaia

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/7236...-sell-club.html

MIKE ASHLEY will do a dramatic U-turn and open Newcastle’s transfer coffers if he has not sold the club by January.

As revealed in Sport of the World last week, two American parties hope to take control by the time the transfer window opens in the New Year.

But if the pair are unimpressed when they go through the books, then Ashley is prepared to listen to Joe Kinnear’s demands to keep Newcastle up.

Boss Kinnear has already told Dennis Wise he wants a central defender, a full-back and a powerful midfielder.

And Ashley has given the first indication he is prepared to consider strengthening. Wise and chief scout Jeff Vetere, who made surprise appearances at St James’s Park last week, have been informed player recruitment could start again in January.

But Alan Shearer has ruled out a return until Newcastle have found a buyer.

He said: “The club needs to gain stability and sort out the ownership situation.”

Too late.

His attitude is crystal clear. He thinks staying in the premiership is success. We haven't had this approach at the club since the 1980's

Fuck Off ashle you clown

says in today's sunday mirror that ashley is understood to be in talks with a north-east businessman with the view of him becoming chairman, and with alan shearer becoming manager if the structure is right for him.

Boss Kinnear has already told Dennis Wise he wants a central defender, a full-back and a powerful midfielder.

As it's the NOTW, I take this with a massive pinch of salt but that line alone seems to confirm he's learned absolutely fuck all.

I think staying up is main priority right now.

Hence aiming high, eh...! :icon_lol:

I do think we have to aim high and I mean by at least finishing in the top half of the table.

To do that we must bring in possibly a couple of quality players in January. In the mean time play our best team and work tooth & nail.

It's not looking too good that JK will even do that, let alone fat man bringing a couple of new additions to the squad, and I mean players that will be effective and prove their worth...!

doomed, DOOOMED :lol:

The sad thing is I'm sure we could all see this coming, and because the anti-Ashley crowd have gone quiet appathy by the masses has set in... or at least that's how it seems from the outside, to the media, to the scum press who'll now get behind Ashley or ridicule the fans further by saying they've changed their minds. It's sickening really. :lol:

With hindsight the SA sacking was probably about money (rumour at the time was that he wanted Anelka)...Of course we missed out on Diarra and that was put down to his massive wage demands. KK had a second chance to sign Diarra and iirc was after Warnock but Wise and the team wouldn't go to 5m for him.

It will be ironic if in a desperate need to get onside with the support MA splashed a few mill in Jan after basically writing the whole season off with the actions of his team (Wise and co) in the summer. This summer we needed 4/5 good first team players and a couple of squad fillers we ended up with 2 (Colo and Guti).

Edited by Park Life