To cut to the chase.

Park Life

I remember people said this last year.

and the year before that.

and the year before that.

and that.

The last person to "wade in" in January was Souness in 2005, and we ended up with Babayaro, Boumsong and Faye.

Keep your powder dry Mike.

Not the ideal time to buy but by that argument you would never buy another player. Souness wasn't exactly great in the summer window either. We're absolutely desperate for some new players.

I'm just so worried about the prospect of going through the rest of the season with the current squad. God knows who'd want to come here though.

The signs are there. We've had a bit of luck against Villa and Wigan and picked up some points, but generally the performances are really bad and our midfield just gets overrun by it seems anyone.

I'm just so worried about the prospect of going through the rest of the season with the current squad. God knows who'd want to come here though.

Im fairly confident we wont, unfortunately not because we'll be adding to it but because a number will be heading out. I fully expect to see a Championship quality squad here come the 1st Feb.

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong. :lol:

I'm so cynical now I'm at the point where I wouldn't be surprise if JK was under orders to piss Owen off enough so he's away in January so at least we'll get a fee for him.

I'm so cynical now I'm at the point where I wouldn't be surprise if JK was under orders to piss Owen off enough so he's away in January so at least we'll get a fee for him.

I know he has his critics on here, but I would see Owen going as a massive blow.

I know he has his critics on here, but I would see Owen going as a massive blow.

I know he missed a sitter but he had two good chances including that plus his goal. Sign of a good striker to get into those positions.

We need to wade into the transfer market in Jan (I know it's the worst time), or we will be relegated.

LB

DM

CM

A forward who isn't Xisco or Fungshwela.

+ a manager.

+ an owner.

- a Wise.

I had assumed Owen musn't have been fit yesterday, because otherwise to not start him would be literally insane. And then it transpires he was fit after all. :lol:

It should be a sackable offence, but of course no one is mad enough to take the manager's job at present.

Another thing I noticed yesterday was when we were awarded a free kick just outside the box and only Butt (ffs) and someone else came up to take it (can't remember who the other one was tbh - Duff?). A few years ago we had the like of Shearer, Robert, and Solano queueing up for these, with a high liklihood of them hitting the onion bag. Even Speed would be a much better option than what we have now (N'zogbia being idiotically absent at this stage and Geremi also not there). So depressing, this really could be our year for the drop.

Yes, HF, people have been saying this for years but it reminds me of the boy who cried wolf. We've been damn close to relegation for several seasons and now it's not going to take much to tip us into oblivion imo.

We need to wade into the transfer market in Jan (I know it's the worst time), or we will be relegated.

LB

DM

CM

A forward who isn't Xisco or Fungshwela.

According to newspaper reports (I know, I know) those are the areas that Wise is targeting for January.

Yes, HF, people have been saying this for years but it reminds me of the boy who cried wolf. We've been damn close to relegation for several seasons and now it's not going to take much to tip us into oblivion imo.

Relegation in previous seasons has largely been hysteria, this season though we're not just under-performing, the entire club is set up to implode at the slightest provocation.

The only two rays of hope for us are really that someone might come in before January and that a lot of other people are dropping points too.

But a bad (or just non-existent) January and we could be in a a terminal nose dive that nothing can stop.

Relegation in previous seasons has largely been hysteria, this season though we're not just under-performing, the entire club is set up to implode at the slightest provocation.

The only two rays of hope for us are really that someone might come in before January and that a lot of other people are dropping points too.

But a bad (or just non-existent) January and we could be in a a terminal nose dive that nothing can stop.

I don't agree it's been hysteria, the end points tally tells its own story. A couple of reversals (iirc a year ago one reversal, a loss at Sheffield united) would have seen us down. That's ridiculous for a club of our standing and support. This year things do seem to be stacked against us, I agree though that a takeover in january could save us however. But this will inevitably require a new manager and signings (especially if Owen leaves).

I had assumed Owen musn't have been fit yesterday, because otherwise to not start him would be literally insane. And then it transpires he was fit after all. :lol:

It should be a sackable offence, but of course no one is mad enough to take the manager's job at present.

But it's ok, just try and remember that Shola is the new John Fashanu.....

Seriously, does anyone actually think we are any kind of prospect to a player of any note or potential?

If its a choice between us and the likes of Villa, City, Spurs, West Ham, Blackburn, Portsmouth dare I say even the Wigans of this world then I reckon we'll lose out.

Seriously, does anyone actually think we are any kind of prospect to a player of any note or potential?

If its a choice between us and the likes of Villa, City, Spurs, West Ham, Blackburn, Portsmouth dare I say even the Wigans of this world then I reckon we'll lose out.

We could get cheap 30 year old foreigners past their prime but still good enough, like Hull (Geovanni did it again today I see). But we'll get cheap 18 year old foreigners with no prime whatsoever.