Joey Barton

Tooj

I think Stoke and WBA are knocking bets to go down and that leaves one place up for grabs. West Ham could very soon be in a much worse position than us financially and have to sell players come January (players that aren't that good to begin with) so I fancy them to be the third team.

And as Alex says there are a load of other teams that can't string two wins together so I do think we will be alright.

That said we are fucking shite though and I have next to no faith in Kinnear to use substitutions well or Ashely to be realistic in his demands for the club to allow us to be sold by January. It's going to be a long season.

And it started so well. :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Stoke and WBA are knocking bets to go down and that leaves one place up for grabs. West Ham could very soon be in a much worse position than us financially and have to sell players come January (players that aren't that good to begin with) so I fancy them to be the third team.

And as Alex says there are a load of other teams that can't string two wins together so I do think we will be alright.

That said we are fucking shite though and I have next to no faith in Kinnear to use substitutions well or Ashely to be realistic in his demands for the club to allow us to be sold by January. It's going to be a long season.

Absolutely. It's not a case of they might go down, it's a case of they will go down. I still think Hull will too, they'll get found out from January onwards.

I feel well guilty now, I was shouting get up you bindipping cunt there's fuck all wrong with you. Then when he walked round the pitch he wasn't really limping.

hard as nails tbf

gutted at this news, someone has already mentioned Cacapa and Butt in cm for Chelsea :lol: shit!

• 4 months later...
Jamie Tandy, the first victim of a Joey Barton assault, has revealed his battle to beat alcoholism and depression.

The ex-Manchester City youngster even attempted to commit suicide as his career disintegrated.

But Tandy, the former Manchester City player who is suing Barton over the assault that could have blinded him, may be on the verge of a £300,000 victory.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that Barton has failed to respond to papers served on him by Tandy's lawyers and that a High Court judge now has the power to decide on a level of compensation at a hearing scheduled for June 25.

Newcastle midfielder Barton faces a major battle just to put his version of events to the court - if he wishes to do so.

And he could be forced to pay the price in damages for the incident at a Christmas party in 2004 which saw Barton stub a lighted cigar into the eye of the teenage Tandy.

It was the first violent episode of a controversial career which has seen the Liverpool-born midfielder jailed for six months for assault and banned by the FA for a sickening attack on exteam-mate Ousmane Dabo.

Tandy, now 24, unemployed and attempting to rebuild his life and career in non-league football, believes the incident sent him on his own downward spiral into alcoholism and depression.

He eventually hit rock bottom 14 months ago when a failed suicide bid finally forced him to face his demons through therapy.

Like Barton before him, Tandy turned to Tony Adams's Sporting Chance clinic for help - with the PFA funding the £5,000 treatment.

"When I was in rehab at Sporting Chance part of the therapy helps you to discover where your alcohol addiction comes from," said Tandy.

"Alcoholism often runs in the family, but there was none of that in my background and, when I looked back at when the drinking took over, it all stemmed back to that f***ing Christmas party.

"At the time Barton hadn't been in trouble before. People thought it must have been my fault because he didn't have a reputation back then.

"Well people know the truth now, don't they? He was fined 60 grand and I kept quiet. In the end it didn't matter because City decided that I was the one they had to get rid of."

Tandy's efforts to resurrect his career in Denmark were ended by a broken leg and drinking began to take over his life.

It was in January 2008 that he arrived at the crossroads of his life, drunk behind a steering wheel.

Tandy recalled: "There I was, driving my car, p*ssed out of my head, when it all came on top of me.

"I had lost my dream to be a footballer, I didn't have a job, I was losing my wife and family. I just saw the wall and thought, 'What's the point?' "I survived but I missed the birth of my baby daughter because when my wife was in labour I was having a life-saving operation on my bowel.

"Yet even that didn't give me the wake-up call I needed.

"It was only when my wife told me she was leaving me and I would lose the kids that I realised that I was on my last legs.

"I could have been sent to prison but I think the court knew it was a cry for help and instead of locking me up I was banned from driving for 36 months and told to get help.

"At Sporting Chance they replicate the kind of life you lead as a sportsman and when I left rehab I felt good about myself again.

"Then, after a few months of being sober I lost my job, all the old negative thoughts came back into my head and I was back on the booze."

Tandy spent last week training with Stalybridge Celtic of the Conference North only to find play-off rivals Droylsden reluctant to release his registration.

There are other offers on the table, while a prospectus for Salford University has opened the door for him to use A Level and GSCE passes to train as a PE teacher.

Perhapsfitting for someone who is already a graduate of the school of hard knocks.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21236591/

He does have a valid point though, the club will always side with the most valuable asset, despite the facts presented.

I think Barton's a workie-ticket and regardless of whether he was provoked (doubt it happened out the blue) he shouldn't have done that. I find it hard to believe it was the catalyst for this kid's career and life going off the rails though somehow. Which is essentially what he's trying say.

As it states there Barton was fined 60k, if this kid used that to go and get ratarsed then its his own fault.

Dont get me wrong Ive got sympathy for the lad and frankly what JB did was twatful but the fact Tandy was let go by City meant he wasnt good enough, doesnt look like there was a string of Premiership or even Championship teams looking to take him on at the time so he ended up going to Denmark!

Breaking his leg there wasnt Bartons fault was it?

Getting in his car pissed also wasnt JBs fault, nope it was nobodies but Tandys and frankly the fact the papers are covering this in the "oooh poor Jamie, victim of vile thug Barton" when frankly hes just some failed footballer who could have killed some innocent family with what he did makes it even more of a mockery.

Sometimes I wonder if you put Barton and Ian Huntely in a fight to the death the Mirror would be running "Come on Ian headlines on the front page"

So basically none of what's happened to Tandy is his fault. Bollocks to that, I can't stand that bloody attitude. No doubt represented by an ambulance chasing lawyer too.

As it states there Barton was fined 60k, if this kid used that to go and get ratarsed then its his own fault.

Dont get me wrong Ive got sympathy for the lad and frankly what JB did was twatful but the fact Tandy was let go by City meant he wasnt good enough, doesnt look like there was a string of Premiership or even Championship teams looking to take him on at the time so he ended up going to Denmark!

Breaking his leg there wasnt Bartons fault was it?

Getting in his car pissed also wasnt JBs fault, nope it was nobodies but Tandys and frankly the fact the papers are covering this in the "oooh poor Jamie, victim of vile thug Barton" when frankly hes just some failed footballer who could have killed some innocent family with what he did makes it even more of a mockery.

Sometimes I wonder if you put Barton and Ian Huntely in a fight to the death the Mirror would be running "Come on Ian headlines on the front page"

Nail on head <_<

Also the club are bound to side with the most valuable asset, I don't think they did looking at Barton being fined and all but still Barton is a multi-million pound asset whereas this Tandy wasn't and judging by lack of interest from other clubs when he was released he would never have been. A few lads I went to school with played for the toon right up to 18 when they were released and they got offers from clubs like Wigan, Boro also offers of American uni scholarships, championship teams etc so I seriously doubt this Tandy was anywhere near as good as he seems to think he is if the only offer he seemed to receive was a danish team.

Slow, cant shoot and doesnt have a creative bone in his body.

He's got a better engine than both of them, can pass better than both of them. Fail to see how he's a clone tbh.

Hes also very capable of shooting, as he showed at Man City, and hes had a fair few near misses when hes played for us (never really been fully fit for us)

I'd take Barton over Butt and Nolan, and i'm sure nearly everyone would take him over at least one of the pair.

Hes also very capable of shooting, as he showed at Man City, and hes had a fair few near misses when hes played for us (never really been fully fit for us)

I'd take Barton over Butt and Nolan, and i'm sure nearly everyone would take him over at least one of the pair.

When fit I would have Barton over Butt and Nolan TBH.

*yawn* we had all this prior to his last 2 injuries and low and behold he got fit and was still shit. I defy anyone who regularly goes to the match to say otherwise. Ive seen every home game hes played for us and he is far from the player people on here make him out to be.

*yawn* we had all this prior to his last 2 injuries and low and behold he got fit and was still shit. I defy anyone who regularly goes to the match to say otherwise. Ive seen every home game hes played for us and he is far from the player people on here make him out to be.

He got fit? He hardly played a game ffs. And shit? Aye righto.

Theres a reason the mighty Pompey and Bolton are after him. Il let you apologise when hes played a few more games

<_< It's ok, I'm still smarting after you told me Taylor was better than Bassong.