Relegation

Chaser

We will get nothing from Chelsea and going on the back of some shit results if we go to Boro and play like we did against the Mackems, Wigan and Fulham I can see us with coming away from another ground with nothing. That would take us into the Stoke game where I imagine we would be in the bottom 3 and much like the Sheff Utd game from a couple of seasons ago, can our players or supporters handle the scrap?

With (one again) us looking like we cannot get many points at all on the road and with a rejuvinated Spurs side and Liverpool next up at St James Park I really think we could be in some serious bother around Xmas time.

I am like Alex etc thinking along the lines that West Brom, Stoke and another like West Ham or someone could well finish below us come the end of the season but with our off-field carry on with the takeover if we see no investment, have ongoing Owen shit stirring reports and relying on the likes of Butt, Guthrie, Geremi, Duff etc to "create" our chances I do think we could easily have something to worry about. Fitness to 5 or 6 key players for us will be crucial and reports of Viduka possibly being in the side within 3 weeks (although knowing our luck it won't be for long) could make a hell of a difference to our safety this season...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this weeks ago, but if you don't win your home games then you're fucked. And we continue to drop points at home.

10th best home record in the league.

:lol:

Sorry for the glut of stats today everyone. I've just found statto.com and it's rocked my world.

I said this weeks ago, but if you don't win your home games then you're fucked. And we continue to drop points at home.

:icon_lol:

Sorry for the glut of stats today everyone. I've just found statto.com and it's rocked my world.

And our away record? :lol:

:icon_lol:

And our away record? :lol:

18th.

But the point was we're ok at home. Look at everton. Won one game against Fulham at home, but they're still seventh. We just can't cope with going dahn sarf.

Only points we've got on the road were against northerners (Man U and Everton). 3 visits to the capital and lost all 3. Same old story.

Though apart from Villa I can't remember us playing anyone of note at home yet.

March/Early April will be fun when three of our four league games are at home - against Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea. We could do with already being safe then as team moral will be rock bottom if we fail to beat Hull away in between...

We are having no luck.

We don't have an amazing squad.

We don't have a proper manager.

We don't have any stability.

Everybody could fuck off in January.

We are in serious shit.

It is more than a distinct possibility, however looking at the current points, you could argue there is a bottom 13 rather than a bottom 3, the table is so tight, I still think there are a number of teams that could just free fall, I think the likes of Blackburn, West Ham, Stoke, Wigan and of course us could well be in the mix of it.

The way things are we could certainly go down. If we are sold and we dispense with the clown calling himself our manager at the moment, our current squad is good enough to ensure survival, but not if we're selling in January as we undoubtedly will be.

I'm trying to be positive about the situation we're in at the moment, but I keep seeing recurring images of a Newcastle shirt with gaudy black championship numbers on the back.......

....probably with something like 'Fuller' on the back too (he's not an awful player just the type we'll only attract if we drop).

I'm trying to be positive about the situation we're in at the moment, but I keep seeing recurring images of a Newcastle shirt with gaudy black championship numbers on the back.......

....probably with something like 'Fuller' on the back too (he's not an awful player just the type we'll only attract if we drop).

Too far mate too far... :lol::icon_lol:

i wouldn't be at all surprised if we do go down. we're a rudderless ship and our performances so far don't suggest we're too good to go down

the main worry is the thing that in other seasons, there's always been at least one or two clubs that looked certainties to go down by this stage of the season - it's wide open this year and there are three places up for grabns instead of one or two.

the fact that wen't winning the home bankers like wigan and hull is a concern too

i wouldn't be at all surprised if we do go down. we're a rudderless ship and our performances so far don't suggest we're too good to go down

the main worry is the thing that in other seasons, there's always been at least one or two clubs that looked certainties to go down by this stage of the season - it's wide open this year and there are three places up for grabns instead of one or two.

the fact that wen't winning the home bankers like wigan and hull is a concern too

Add to the fact that the bottom club at Christmas has always gone down (bar one?) and its looking worrying, I can see us being rooted there by the time Santa comes :jesuswept:

it would appear that all the bairns, and fuckwits, on NO still think we are better off under Ashley.

Unbelievable.

The high regard you hold for them over there, I'm surprised you still read it tbh.... :jesuswept:

it would appear that all the bairns, and fuckwits, on NO still think we are better off under Ashley.

Unbelievable.

The high regard you hold for them over there, I'm surprised you still read it tbh.... :jesuswept:

it would appear that however hard I try to educate them, they are going to remian fuckwits

Shame about the few decent posters mind

We'll be in the mix come the back end of the season unless the club is sold. We look a very moderate side just now most of the time, and I suspect Kinnear will rely on lumping it to Ameobi with ever more frequency the longer we're down there - he doesn't strike me as an imaginative manager, to put it politely. If Owen goes in January it could be enough to tip the scales I fear. I agree with the OP that we could be looking at losing other key players in January as well, either through them actively seeking an exit or because I suspect this mob won't turn down a bid for a player if they see it as good business.

Kinnear's ramblings about bringing in four and shipping out six or whatever it was he said last week fill me with dread. A sell-to-buy policy, with Dennis Wise and Joe Kinnear responsible. Christ almighty.

So I suppose what I'm saying in this cheery first post of mine is that I think we're fucked.