Relegation

Chaser

We'll be in the mix come the back end of the season unless the club is sold. We look a very moderate side just now most of the time, and I suspect Kinnear will rely on lumping it to Ameobi with ever more frequency the longer we're down there - he doesn't strike me as an imaginative manager, to put it politely. If Owen goes in January it could be enough to tip the scales I fear. I agree with the OP that we could be looking at losing other key players in January as well, either through them actively seeking an exit or because I suspect this mob won't turn down a bid for a player if they see it as good business.

Kinnear's ramblings about bringing in four and shipping out six or whatever it was he said last week fill me with dread. A sell-to-buy policy, with Dennis Wise and Joe Kinnear responsible. Christ almighty.

So I suppose what I'm saying in this cheery first post of mine is that I think we're fucked.

You'll fit in here. :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't be at all surprised if we do go down. we're a rudderless ship and our performances so far don't suggest we're too good to go down

the main worry is the thing that in other seasons, there's always been at least one or two clubs that looked certainties to go down by this stage of the season - it's wide open this year and there are three places up for grabns instead of one or two.

the fact that wen't winning the home bankers like wigan and hull is a concern too

Add to the fact that the bottom club at Christmas has always gone down (bar one?) and its looking worrying, I can see us being rooted there by the time Santa comes :lol:

All except Ipswich in their first season I think. In the Premiership, anyway.

Merkin Muffley

:)

Thats takes me back to the summer piss up a couple of years ago when the topics of conversation was Merkins and Dwarf Chess.... :D

:angry:

Merkin is a tremendous word. I reckon Derek Llambias wears one on his head.

:lol:

I'm normally (irritatingly) optimistic.

No matter how you look at this, in our current state; we are totally fucked. If things don't change, we're going down.

I can see players leaving in Jan and we aren't in a position (not just in the league) to attract the right replacements. We need a few good results between now and christmas; and the sale to be sorted or we wont attract (or keep hold of) anyone of real worth.

Having said all of that, I can't bring myself to 100% believe we are totally screwed. We can turn it around, there are teams (on paper) who are worse than us and we are getting players back from injury.

It's not going to be an easy season though.

IMO, we will go down unless we are sold by Christmas and we invest in at least three players who can come in straight away and markedly improve the team. Unfortunately for us, I don't see either of these things happening. While we think the likes of WBA and Stoke will probably go down, they think we are playing like a relegation side and given that we have a manager incapable of inspiring the team, then I agree with them.

I also said in the summer that if ameobi is anywhere near the team then we'd be in a relegation battle and that's exactly where we are.

IMO, we will go down unless we are sold by Christmas and we invest in at least three players who can come in straight away and markedly improve the team. Unfortunately for us, I don't see either of these things happening. While we think the likes of WBA and Stoke will probably go down, they think we are playing like a relegation side and given that we have a manager incapable of inspiring the team, then I agree with them.

I also said in the summer that if ameobi is anywhere near the team then we'd be in a relegation battle and that's exactly where we are.

To be fair to Stroller, it's not his fault we are in the state we are in.

JFK not inspiring the team is not totally true, he seems to get player motivated at half time, just not before the match, which, im my opinion is more important! If you come out of the traps flying, it sets the pace and puts them under the cosh!

I think so many times this season we have looked like the away side at home, and this is down to JFK not getting us firing early on.

Your point about shola is ridiculus mate, he isnt a world beater, but by no means has anything to do with why we are in this mess. Im far more likely to lay the blame at the feet of the likes of Nicky Butt, Jose Enrique and Steven Taylor to some extent.

Obviously the main blame is above them, firmly on the shoulders of MA and DW, had this whole palarva not of happened then we would be no-where near to predicament we are in now!

As far as going down, and the sale of the club, i can undertsand your point entirely, the sale of the club is imperative unless MA stumps up 15mil in january which mite sound unlikely but he could do.

Warnock...5mil

Upson...5mil

Skjelbred...5mil

RB can wait till end of season as geremi can play there if needed

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Read your sig.

:D

I was taking the piss. But so was he. Only I'm not laughing.

You never do. :lol:

I laugh at you quite a lot tbf.

Edited by alex

If you at the 'larger' clubs that threatened to go down over the last couple of seasons but saved themselves at the last moment (I'm thinking particularly of Fullham and the Hammers), what saved them was some sort of injection where some player took the team on his shoulders (Tevez--though that whole transfer saga has also brought WHU a world of pain) or the team as a whole found some fortitude (particularly, for Fullham, from Bullard and McBride).

I just can't see that happening here.

The chance of a pre-Christmas sale is look like it's less and less likely.

Maybe (and this is a BIG maybe) Wise and MA have learned from their errors and realised that what they did to KK and with transfers has lead to our current situation. Maybe, having realised this, they'll be more likely to search for decent talent and make some purchases.

That's if MA even gives a shit about the club ... and the likelihood of that is ...

-----

Looking at the current squad, who would be willing to take the team on his shoulders. I think that Dufff has tried ... but he just doesn't have the skills. All huff and puff ... but no 'blow your house down'.

Read your sig.

:)

I was taking the piss. But so was he. Only I'm not laughing.

You never do. :lol:

I laugh at you quite a lot tbf.

:angry::D

Except when you're trying to be funny, obviously.