Relegation

Chaser

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you at the 'larger' clubs that threatened to go down over the last couple of seasons but saved themselves at the last moment (I'm thinking particularly of Fullham and the Hammers), what saved them was some sort of injection where some player took the team on his shoulders (Tevez--though that whole transfer saga has also brought WHU a world of pain) or the team as a whole found some fortitude (particularly, for Fullham, from Bullard and McBride).

I just can't see that happening here.

The chance of a pre-Christmas sale is look like it's less and less likely.

Maybe (and this is a BIG maybe) Wise and MA have learned from their errors and realised that what they did to KK and with transfers has lead to our current situation. Maybe, having realised this, they'll be more likely to search for decent talent and make some purchases.

That's if MA even gives a shit about the club ... and the likelihood of that is ...

-----

Looking at the current squad, who would be willing to take the team on his shoulders. I think that Dufff has tried ... but he just doesn't have the skills. All huff and puff ... but no 'blow your house down'.

Broadly agree.

When in trouble against superior opposition week after week the best thing is to play narrow. We simply can't play two wide players.

Playing narrow gives you one or two extra passes (teams have to play around the side of you) to organise. Also playing narrow gives a chance for more possession and more interceptions. Infact if we had two good headers of the ball as CD's I'd play a diamond middle four (with one breakout option JOnas) for the counter. Even then though we don't have a killer DM to daddy this setup.

I know someone through jitsu like Fop. I've known him for five years, longer than I've known some of my best friends. It's depressing as fuck that I still have to see him occasionally.

One well placed blow and you could be rid of him forever. :lol: