Countdown to the deadline

Flair

5 days to go. :lol:

still doubting whether this will mean anything as look at the other two 'deadlines', we've had extensions both times. i really do hope we are either told we've been sold, or that there has been no interest, because then at least we will know where we stand. tbh though i really can't see saturday being of any significance and i think its just more shite that kinnear has been told to tell us, and i do believe that we aren't gonna be sold and ashley will stay, along with kinnear and wise

Meanwhile, Kinnear has revealed his planned talks this weekend with Ashley regarding his future have been shelved, leaving him in limbo.

"I said it would be after the Chelsea game but the goalposts have moved since then," said Kinnear.

"Every time the club gets nearer to being sold, a problem pops up - the credit crunch, or whatever else.

"When I walked in they said the club would be sold around about the Chelsea game. It's month to month, so the last game of the month is Middlesbrough.

"Then we start another month if the club is not sold.

"They keep saying we are getting close but obviously we have not seen any finances coming up from the American group interested. That is all they tell me."

>.>

"I said it would be after the Chelsea game but the goalposts have moved since then," said Kinnear.

"Every time the club gets nearer to being sold, a problem pops up - the credit crunch, or whatever else."

How predictable was that? Someone on here got it spot on the other week: It's like the announcement of a return date for Viduka.

Meanwhile, Kinnear has revealed his planned talks this weekend with Ashley regarding his future have been shelved, leaving him in limbo.

"Every time the club gets nearer to being sold, a problem pops up - the credit crunch, or whatever else.

"When I walked in they said the club would be sold around about the Chelsea game. It's month to month, so the last game of the month is Middlesbrough.

"Then we start another month if the club is not sold.

"They keep saying we are getting close but obviously we have not seen any finances coming up from the American group interested. That is all they tell me."

>.>

:lol:

Kinnear is now more or less admitting he knows nowt.

He admitted as much when he said he was 'on the outside' regarding the Owen situation. Plus it's hardly a shock to any of us, for such an 'honest' man he doesn't seem to have any problem with Ashley shoving his hand up his arse and using him as a puppet.

Harris: Quick sale or wait for Magpies

Published: 23/11/2008

Newcastle are unlikely to be sold until February if a deal is not done inside the next three weeks.

Keith Harris, the man charged with the task of finding a buyer by current owner Mike Ashley, has confirmed his suspicion that the current economic climate and impending transfer window mean a sale may not go through until well into the new year.

Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek show: "What I have said in the past is, if you put yourself in the position of a prospective owner of Newcastle or any other football club, you want to be there and have had a chance to work with the manager to decide on what should happen to the playing staff, both coming out and going in."

He added: "If that isn't the case, you probably want to wait and see how the activity was in January, so you would defer it until February.

"We are nudging now towards mid-November and unless it is going to happen in the next couple of weeks, maybe three weeks, it is probably likely to be deferred until after the close of the window, when also people have got some hopes that the financial chaos will have settled down a little.

"It's my gut feeling, but it is no more than gut. I have got nothing tangible to base it on other than that instinct.

"I don't think there is anything negative in that, it is force of circumstances."

Ashley engaged Harris' services in September amid a popular revolt over manager Kevin Keegan's departure.

drag it out and hope they forget

We already have. Where are all the protests? They disappeared, just as predicted, right after the Hull game.

Where's NUSC and what are they up to?

It's easy for me to criticise from where I am, before anyone says that, but I did say this would happen.

drag it out and hope they forget

We already have. Where are all the protests? They disappeared, just as predicted, right after the Hull game.

Where's NUSC and what are they up to?

It's easy for me to criticise from where I am, before anyone says that, but I did say this would happen.

We tried and were shouted down by those that said "let him be, hes said hes selling, whats the use you're only making it worse".

Im not sure anyone could have made it worse. I feel like Leazes must do, saying time after time over the last month or so that no sale would materialise and we need to be ready for the future. Now its looking like I was right and I take no pleasure in being so, I would love to be proven wrong on this, love people to be putting replies to posts Ive made pointing out just how wrong I was but Im afraid its not going to happen.

Question is, will I be right on MA's next move? ie sell, sell, sell and if replacements are sought then they'll be sub standard cheap foreign imports who will have no concept or spirit for the relegation dogfight that we have ahead of us.

So heres my predictions, lets hope they are all (or at least some) are wrong.

January Transfer window.

Out

Owen,

N'Zogbia (already looking probable)

Martins or Viduka (but probably Martins as he'll raise more cash).

Given

Geremi

Barton

In

£2 - 3million keeper

£3million forward

2 other cheap foreign shite players.

Kinnear will be given an extension to the end of the season.

Neither of the £10million players that JFK spoke about last week will appear.

No sale will take place before the end of the season as any prospective buyers will not want the risk of relegation.

Communications

Nothing will come out of the club officially.

JFK will however announce at least once a week for the next 4 weeks that he has his eye on this player, that player and a couple of others, that the chairman is backing him on the transfer front and that nobody is going nowhere. Then from Christmas onwards he will go quiet and nothing other than "speculation that Owen/Martins/Given (*delete as applicable) is going nowhere." will be heard.

Then on February 1st he will want to resign but won't because he has nowhere else to go, as a result those that slagged off Keegan for walking will slag off JFK for not going.

Fans

People will continue to slate the NUSC and half of A/N other board will blame all of the above on NUSC and the fact that a couple of fans made banners before the Hull game. One old bloke who should know better will re-state that the parading of a "cockney mafia out" banner at Hull was the lowpoint of his entire time supporting the Toon while Baggy will continue to state that MA is the best chairman this club has ever had because "hes invested quarter of a billion of his own money into the club".

Mystic Pud has spoken, be afraid be very afraid. :D

mysticpooh.jpg

January Transfer window.

Out

Owen,

Given

Geremi

Barton

In

£2 - 3million keeper

£3million forward

We're worth fuck all in the Championship. If Ashley really wants to get the best deal then he needs to keep us in the division. If we're hovering on the brink no-one is going to buy us, they'll just wait to see if they can pick us up for a few quid the season after.

Never mind £450m, I think you are realistically looking at £50-60m if we were relegated. And that's not representative of any inherent value.

January Transfer window.

Out

Owen,

Given

Geremi

Barton

In

£2 - 3million keeper

£3million forward

We're worth fuck all in the Championship. If Ashley really wants to get the best deal then he needs to keep us in the division. If we're hovering on the brink no-one is going to buy us, they'll just wait to see if they can pick us up for a few quid the season after.

Never mind £450m, I think you are realistically looking at £50-60m if we were relegated. And that's not representative of any inherent value.

I know that, you know that and even Ashley knows that BUT I do honestly believe that he is arrogant and stupid enough to believe that he can ride it out on the logic that there will be 3 sides worse than us. I keep coming back to it but this bloke is a serious gambler and I reckon hes willing to gamble on us staying up with an even worse squad than we have now.

Then on February 1st he will want to resign but won't because he has nowhere else to go, as a result those that slagged off Keegan for walking will slag off JFK for not going.

:D:aye: