Sega joins up with Everton

Stu_J

from - http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/930/930726p1.html

SEGA has announced a deal with Everton F.C that grants the Merseyside club access to the database of Football Manager, with the game's roster of 370,000 players available to scan for David Moyes and his backroom team as they search for the next Wayne Rooney.

"We've known for a while that teams use the game to research certain players, whether to buy or to check out the opposition," said Miles Jacobson, studio director of current Football Manager developer Sports Interactive, "but this formal recognition by a premiership team is fantastic and we are sure it will prove a fruitful one for the Everton FC."

I knew anyone could be a manager.

SEGA has announced a deal with Everton F.C that grants the Merseyside club access to the database of Football Manager, with the game's roster of 370,000 players available to scan for David Moyes and his backroom team as they search for the next Wayne Rooney.

"We've known for a while that teams use the game to research certain players, whether to buy or to check out the opposition," said Miles Jacobson, studio director of current Football Manager developer Sports Interactive, "but this formal recognition by a premiership team is fantastic and we are sure it will prove a fruitful one for the Everton FC."

what an absolute load of piss. If I was an owner of a football club and a manager showed any inclination of signing a footballer on anything other than a first hand viewing of him by himself of a trusted scout, he'd out of the door before you could say Dennis Wise is a little cunt.

what an absolute load of piss. If I was an owner of a football club and a manager showed any inclination of signing a footballer on anything other than a first hand viewing of him by himself of a trusted scout, he'd out of the door before you could say Dennis Wise is a little cunt.

I think its more so to help the scouting network compile a list of targets to go and see then present a much shortened list to the manager for his decision on who to watch again.

Granted it isnt flawless but it makes sense imo.

I heard we'd agreed a deal with Sinclair to use the Football Manager 2 (endorsed by Kevin Tomas?) database :icon_lol:

b1b4_1.JPG

Kevin Toms

I used to have that.

Nobody plays that any more surely :lol:

I wonder how much they're paying, when they could just pop to the shops and buy a copy... :jesuswept:

Apparently the propa database is x10 bigger than the one used in the game iirc.

Not sure if its 10x bigger but there are loads of players and staff that are in the db but are marked as not for extraction.

I wonder how much they're paying, when they could just pop to the shops and buy a copy... :jesuswept:

Apparently the propa database is x10 bigger than the one used in the game iirc.

Not sure if its 10x bigger but there are loads of players and staff that are in the db but are marked as not for extraction.

Yeah summink like that.