how many newcastle games would you

tommo

Wicked question.

I started going regularly home and away at the start of 1980. Before that I probably saw 30 or 40 games in 70s. From 1980 to probably 2004 I'd guess I went to between 25 and 40 games a year - probably 30 on average - christ this is frightening - which works out at 720. Since 2004 I've probably been to another 40 or 50 which means about 770.

Fucking hell.

Started going in 1994, averaged about 20 in the seasons when we were in europe and about 15 in the others so id say roughly about the 250 mark.

Only been to 1 this season and that was 1st game of the season against Man U, oh how my optimism has dwindled since then.

Im only 22 so i think 250 is not bad going...add to that 3 england matches and about 50 Spartans games!

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Started going in 1994, averaged about 20 in the seasons when we were in europe and about 15 in the others so id say roughly about the 250 mark.

Only been to 1 this season and that was 1st game of the season against Man U, oh how my optimism has dwindled since then.

Im only 22 so i think 250 is not bad going...add to that 3 england matches and about 50 Spartans games!

I reckon 1991-2000 I'd say 120 easy. Our promotion season I missed 3 aways. 2000-2008 I'd guestimate 40. I went to a lot in 2001/2002 maybe 15. A lot of my mates have lost interest though to be honest certainly of away games, so I mainly just do London ones now, when am at work down there. In total I think maybe 150-160.

I worked out a few years ago how many different grounds I'd been to and it was 57 in this country and 10 abroad some watching England though, and included in that is I like count Baseball Ground and Pride Park as one etc..

Edited by Stevie

See all but one of my games have been at home. I envy you stevie, i for one would love to go to away matches. The Man Utd game really give me the bug but my mates have also lost interest. I know that shouldnt stop me but its not the same when there isnt a few of the boys with ya, getting lashed, having a laugh and hurling abuse at the opposing fans!

Me, my cousin and uncle have said that should we do well in the FA cup then we will most definatly go to 1 or 2 away games.

Bu the main dream, like most, is for not if but when we grace europe again we shall be on our travels...one of mymates was at the milan game and was on the big screen kissing the badge! Lucky bastard!

See all but one of my games have been at home. I envy you stevie, i for one would love to go to away matches. The Man Utd game really give me the bug but my mates have also lost interest. I know that shouldnt stop me but its not the same when there isnt a few of the boys with ya, getting lashed, having a laugh and hurling abuse at the opposing fans!

Me, my cousin and uncle have said that should we do well in the FA cup then we will most definatly go to 1 or 2 away games.

Bu the main dream, like most, is for not if but when we grace europe again we shall be on our travels...one of mymates was at the milan game and was on the big screen kissing the badge! Lucky bastard!

Sorry mate I thought this was away games. 150-160 aways homes. I've averaged 20 since 1985/86 easily. Had a season ticket since 91/92 (missed 2 years like but still missed only 1 or 2 home league games in them years). Say 20 x 22 - 440 homes games plus 160 aways. 600 give or take 30.

One thing I admit I am of late i.e last 6 or 7 years is shit at going to home Cup games that are on the box, I'm a 5th round glory boy in the FA Cup, UEFA last 16 glory boy, pathetic as it is.

Sorry mate I thought this was away games. 150-160 aways homes. I've averaged 20 since 1985/86 easily. Had a season ticket since 91/92 (missed 2 years like but still missed only 1 or 2 home league games in them years). Say 20 x 22 - 440 homes games plus 160 aways. 600 give or take 30.

Legend

Legend

Drop in the ocean compared to some. LeazesMag is about 58, I'd be surprised if he hasnt reached 1500.

Legend

Drop in the ocean compared to some. LeazesMag is about 58, I'd be surprised if he hasnt reached 1500.

I love the club like the man next to me, but thats summit to be proud of and respected for! I think iv seen bad times, the doom and gloom, its good to have yee oldies to humble us younguns at times haha

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Legend

I love the club like the man next to me, but thats summit to be proud of and respected for! I think iv seen bad times, the doom and gloom, its good to have yee oldies to humble us younguns at times haha

Oldies? Fuck sake am 30.

Legend

Oldies? Fuck sake am 30.

Haha soz bud :lol:

Loads of games, from the late 50's to the present day, Mostly home games with a handful of away games each season, most cup runs over the years, again mostly at home except when we got near to the finishing line. Been to the finals of league and fa cup. During the 80's worked away but managed to get up most weekends and during that time was able to manage quite a few away games. How many does this make in total, no effing idea but an effing lot of money.