Charity Calendar

lady in red

Hi Guys

Firstly, just want to let everyone know this isn't spam, well not in the traditional sense of the word.

If the thread isn't welcome here, please feel free to delete it and you'll never hear from me again!

I have to come clean, I'm a Forest fan. Some of you may have stopped reading at that point, and I wouldn't blame you! We've been rubbish for far too long!

Anyway, I'm not here specifically to banter about football.

Basically, some guys over on a Forest forum I post on have taken it upon themselves to create a charity calendar entitled 'Ladies in Red'.

Initially it was going to be a 'Ladies in Forest Kit calendar', but it was thought we would try to open up the channels a bit, and hopefully make it appeal to more people than just Forest fans! I know you boys in the North don't play in red, but I'm sure most of you appreciate a scantily clad lady!

There is more information about it here http://www.ltlf.co.uk/calendar/

Basically, over on our forum we have a lot of people in the forces, some currently out in Iraq and Afghanistan as we speak. After thinking of ways to show our support, they asked if we would be willing to try and raise some money for Help For Heroes, which is what he have decided to do.

I though that if Forest have a lot of fans in the forces, then it is logical that other teams do too, and hopefully they will want to support the cause too.

Profits from the calendar are going to the Help for Heroes charity. We have been in contact with them and this is fully 'above board' as it were. The page I linked to above has all the details of the chairty on it, it is official!

Anyway, I'm currently just trying to spread the word about it, in the hope that one or two of you might part with your hard earned cash and support the cause, whilst getting a good calendar and some pretty ladies to look at! (don't worry, the pictures on the site are not the final ones going to the calendar!)

Apologies for seeming to spam your boards, that's not my intention. I merely want to raise as much money for charity as possible.

Good luck for the rest of the season, although I'm sure you won't need it, especially if you offload Joke in Here! (sorry, he's not well thought of down in Notts!)

Thanks for your time.

Lady in Red

promo_anim1.gif

logomedalpack.jpg

Edited by lady in red

Nice idea but if you buy a calendar for £12, £3 goes to charity.

I know what you mean and it is true in some cases but not always, particularly with smaller groups and organisations who sometimes get funding to pay for the majority if not all of the costs of production etc..

I know what you mean and it is true in some cases but not always, particularly with smaller groups and organisations who sometimes get funding to pay for the majority if not all of the costs of production etc..

Says £3 of the 12 goes to charity on their website though :jesuswept:

Says £3 of the 12 goes to charity on their website though :lol:

Fair dos, I thought you were talking in a general sense...

£12 :jesuswept:

Hi

Thanks for the repsonses.

Something I forgot to add in the initial post, that you all seem to have hit on!

Basically, if we sell less than 30 by the time they go to print, we have a cost price of 7.50 plus VAT, which isjust shy of £9, so only £3 is left over to donate.

If we sell over 30 the cost price per unit drops to just under £4 inc VAT, meaning £8 of per unit can be donated.

The wording on the site should reflect that, and I'll make sure it is changed to do so.

I appreciate that not everyone will want one, that's completely understandable. If you'd liekto donate to the charity, the link at the bottom of the first post takes you directly to the H4H site, where donations can be made.

Once again, thanks for reading and replying.

Hi

Something I forgot to add in the initial post, that you all seem to have hit on!

Basically, if we sell less than 30 by the time they go to print, we have a cost price of 7.50 plus VAT, which isjust shy of £9, so only £3 is left over to donate.

If we sell over 30 the cost price per unit drops to just under £4 inc VAT, meaning £8 of per unit can be donated.

The wording on the site should reflect that, and I'll make sure it is changed to do so.

I appreciate that not everyone will want one, that's completely understandable. If you'd liekto donate to the charity, the link at the bottom of the first post takes you directly to the H4H site, where donations can be made.

That's good to hear but, like you say, you should definitely change the wording as it will put people off buying them. Good luck with it anyway. You've made me feel guilty as well so I'll make it a tenner :jesuswept:

Excellent point, and something I'd like to expand on.

We have a deal in place with the printers that has seen them offer a major reduction if we sell enough, which is why I'm 'pimping' it around, as that reduction is passed directly to the charity. (the reduction is around £5 per unit, so it will make a huge difference)

I'd also like to add that the photographer, the models, and the phot editor have all done this completely free of charge.

That's good to hear but, like you say, you should definitely change the wording as it will put people off buying them. Good luck with it anyway. You've made me feel guilty as well so I'll make it a tenner :jesuswept:

No need to feel guilty at all, mate.

I don't want to be guilt tripping people at all, anyone should be free to buy or donate or do nothing if they want to.

I've had a word with the guy who runs the site, and the wording will defintiely be changed today.

As an aside, I REALLY hope you beat Chelsea at the weekend, I can't stand them!

Hi

If Island Chief wins this 1250 at Southwell I'll buy one.

No need to feel guilty at all, mate.

I don't want to be guilt tripping people at all, anyone should be free to buy or donate or do nothing if they want to.

I've had a word with the guy who runs the site, and the wording will defintiely be changed today.

As an aside, I REALLY hope you beat Chelsea at the weekend, I can't stand them!

It's a fantastic cause to be honest so I don't mind at all.