Kinnear backed for Toon job

bawan

Damien Duff has told skysports.com he would 'love' to see Joe Kinnear handed the Newcastle United managerial job on a full-time basis.

Kinnear is currently interim boss at St James' Park after his shock appointment in September following the departure of Kevin Keegan.

Keegan's exit was followed by unrest from the Tyneside faithful and led to pressure on owner Mike Ashley, who is now looking to sell.

Reports on Tuesday have linked Magpies legend Alan Shearer with a permanent role following comments from his former England and Newcastle team-mate Rob Lee.

But Duff is backing Kinnear, who has won two of his seven games in charge, after explaining the ex-Wimbledon chief has steadied the troubled club.

Resolution

Speaking at an adiPure photo shoot, Duff told skysports.com: "From a football point of view I think we have done that [found stability] at the minute with Joe coming in. He has steadied the ship.

"We have got some good results under him. He has done well. But obviously from the top, the owner is trying to sell the club so hopefully we can get that resolved sooner rather than later.

"He has done what he has in a quiet way. He hasn't really come in shouting from the rooftops. He is someone to answer to. You need that in every line of work. I think the results have shown his impact.

"Definitely (the players have taken to him), yes. I would love to see him get the job. We'll see I suppose over the next coming weeks or months."

Duff trying to keep himself playing by backing JFK.

This cannot happen, JFK cannot be permanent proposition.

Just what i was thinking...he has seen that charlie madea huge impact against wigan and he's bricking it no.

Resorted to brown nosing to keep himself in the team.

FUCK OFF DUFF

Just what i was thinking...he has seen that charlie madea huge impact against wigan and he's bricking it no.

FUCK OFF DUFF

Kinnear's probably under orders to leave N'Zogbia out anyway as he's one of our more saleable assets.

I see us having to stick with Roy Kinnear to the end of the season, I suppose it makes some sense in that a managerial shake up now could make matters even worse... but I'm still thinking that if Ashley pulled his head out of his a*se, ditched Wise and brought Keegan back with full first team control we could happily crack on with him as owner (though obviously an alternative would be preferred).

.. oh, and Duff can f*ck off :jesuswept:

FUCK OFF DUFF

Kinnear's probably under orders to leave N'Zogbia out anyway as he's one of our more saleable assets.

I'd not thought of that...

But think about it, i dont think there will be an exodus, a clear out, a mass sale, infact i dont think anyone will leave in january and this is why...

MA wants out, he is struggling to find a buyer to meet the asking price, why would he sell sell sell when that will only decrease the value of the club, subsiquently meaning the asking price would also drop. Add to this that if players were to leave then we would be in a more precarious situation where we could get relegated, this again would dramatically reduce the value and asking price.

It is in his and our best interest that we retain all stock as it would collectivly be a much more sellable asset.

Is that not logical?

Aye, although I'm not convinced he wants out. He'd sell if he made a tidy profit but I don't think that's a different position to the one he had when he bought the club. He might just have set his sights a little lower for a variety of reasons.

But think about it, i dont think there will be an exodus, a clear out, a mass sale, infact i dont think anyone will leave in january and this is why...

MA wants out, he is struggling to find a buyer to meet the asking price, why would he sell sell sell when that will only decrease the value of the club, subsiquently meaning the asking price would also drop. Add to this that if players were to leave then we would be in a more precarious situation where we could get relegated, this again would dramatically reduce the value and asking price.

It is in his and our best interest that we retain all stock as it would collectivly be a much more sellable asset.

Is that not logical?

A lot of that relies on the assumption that Ashley does indeed want to sell the club though.

Aye, although I'm not convinced he wants out. He'd sell if he made a tidy profit but I don't think that's a different position to the one he had when he bought the club. He might just have set his sights a little lower for a variety of reasons.

Even your point only strengthens my argument alex, if he does want to stay which there is a chance he does or will have to, what benefit is there in selling off? The clubs value will only decrease?

Its a non starter imo

If he is staying, then he'll be wanting to make money from it. Wasn't there a load of stuff coming from different sources about Ashley wanting to buy young players and then flog them off for a tidy profit once they've developed? Zog fits that bill pretty neatly and he'd make a tidy selling off him. There's every chance Ashley wants to stay and make a profit from transfers rather than lead us to success. After all, why would he?

Pretty sure that was Alex's point anyway.

Even your point only strengthens my argument alex, if he does want to stay which there is a chance he does or will have to, what benefit is there in selling off? The clubs value will only decrease?

Its a non starter imo

I think there are two things I'd say. He doesn't seem a very logical bloke anyway. Secondly, he'd sell N'Zogbia to make money - plain and simple. The lad isn't a world-beater but he could go to (as has been mooted lately) PSG, for example, for about £3-4m. We buy a young kid for next to nowt on low wages as his replacement. Perhaps I'm being unduly cynical about things but I could see Owen being left out for similar reasons - i.e. fucks off in Jan for a fee rather than leaves in the summer for nowt.

Edited by alex

Is that not logical?

I disagree, any sale is dependant on nothing more than the finances being agreeable so heres my belief.

If, by January no sale has completed (and I believe its highly unlikely one will have) then MA will sell, sell, sell. The reason being that it will not affect the balance sheet, in fact it could enhance it.

For instance, currently the books may look like this

Shay Given £10m

Steven Taylor £5m

Michael Owen £0 (based on contract running out)

Shola Ameobi £2.50

Oba Martins £9m

If he can sell those for £12m, £12m (according to the wacky world of Sunday papers!!), £5m, £25, £10m then hes increased the balance sheet by £15,000,0022.50 which goes into the clubs coffers. Therefore club even more attractive to the buyer. I agree, not more attractive to any sensible football minded buyer but to a business one, its a no brainer.

Or to be honest theres no reason why he cant withdraw that £15m for himself leaving the difference in the bank, balance sheet stays even and nobody loses, except the fans and club long term.

Heres the double side to it though, that £39m (in real terms) would be sitting there should the sale fall through. Ashley will be able to withdraw it from his club and transfer it to himself. Sort of insurance if you will against the sale falling through.

All of these things hes perfectly within his rights to do as he owns the club outright, he'd be doing no wrong in any of that. :jesuswept:

Is that not logical?

I disagree, any sale is dependant on nothing more than the finances being agreeable so heres my belief.

If, by January no sale has completed (and I believe its highly unlikely one will have) then MA will sell, sell, sell. The reason being that it will not affect the balance sheet, in fact it could enhance it.

Shay Given £10m

Steven Taylor £5m

Shola Ameobi £2.50

Oba Martins £9m

If he can sell those for £12m, £12m (according to the wacky world of Sunday papers!!), £5m, £25, £10m then hes increased the balance sheet by £15,000,0022.50 which goes into the clubs coffers. Therefore club even more attractive to the buyer. I agree, not more attractive to any sensible football minded buyer but to a business one, its a no brainer.

Or to be honest theres no reason why he cant withdraw that £15m for himself leaving the difference in the bank, balance sheet stays even and nobody loses, except the fans and club long term.

Heres the double side to it though, that £39m (in real terms) would be sitting there should the sale fall through. Ashley will be able to withdraw it from his club and transfer it to himself. Sort of insurance if you will against the sale falling through.

All of these things hes perfectly within his rights to do as he owns the club outright, he'd be doing no wrong in any of that. :lol:

If he done the above then he then would have a genuine reason to fear for his safety....... :jesuswept:

Shay Given £10m

Steven Taylor £5m

Shola Ameobi £2.50

Oba Martins £9m

All of these things hes perfectly within his rights to do as he owns the club outright, he'd be doing no wrong in any of that. :lol:

If he done the above then he then would have a genuine reason to fear for his safety....... :jesuswept:

Oh and I forgot to mention the wages, that little lot will be on what? 250k per week between them? Every 4 weeks thats 1million quid in his skyrocket. Why wait til the end of January, sell at the start and you've made another million on top.

Is that not logical?

Shay Given £10m

Steven Taylor £5m

Shola Ameobi £2.50

Oba Martins £9m

All of these things hes perfectly within his rights to do as he owns the club outright, he'd be doing no wrong in any of that. :jesuswept:

All well and good apart from the fact that we would be relegated which would mean that our income would be vastly reduced and the club worth nothing near what it currently is. He's stupid but not that stupid.