Shearer as the main man?

Deano

Shearer as the main man?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At this point, may as well. Everyone already views us a farce anyway and the next appointment is going to be make or break for the club. Might as well take a risk as I can't see anyone with a proven pedigree wanting to touch us.

Totally agree...I actually dont see why he wouldnt be a success, he would have a massive pull, attract quality players once in a decent situation. He would command the respect of the players and i truely feel he could far surpass the "messiah" status of KK.

As a striker im sure he would play an attacking brand of football with two out and out wingers.

Also from listening to himon MOTD he also seems to have a really good understanding of defensive duties, and as a striker id imagine he would know how a defence can be exploited and how to combat it.

Id be very pleased if he took over tbh

Could turn out to be a disaster, but he would instantly command the respect of the players, could attract new players to the club and potentially unite the fans.

Now could be the ideal time.

Could turn out to be a disaster, but he would instantly command the respect of the players, could attract new players to the club and potentially unite the fans.

If he came it would mean money was available. So even just for that I'd have to say yes.

Give him the job, even if it doesn't work out it will be a weight off the clubs shoulders not having his shadow over the place any more.

I concur. It's been like having Banquo's ghost hanging around over the past few years.

It has to be tried at one point or another. In the past Ive said no, but Id go along with nowt to loose now. Think he'd have the character for it.

If he came it would mean money was available. So even just for that I'd have to say yes.

:jesuswept:: Plus I think Shearer has a fairly traditional view of how a club should be structured and would only take the job on those terms.

I remember people saying a very similar thing when Keegan came back :jesuswept:

I reckon our situation is crying for Shearer to come in and get things back on track, give the players a lift. He will need to strengthen in the window and he should have assurances about this and structure before he agrees to anything otherwise it could all go tits up again

I reckon our situation is crying for Shearer to come in and get things back on track, give the players a lift. He will need to strengthen in the window and he should have assurances about this and structure before he agrees to anything otherwise it could all go tits up again

The problem is if Ashley and Wise are still here he could get all those assurances..... 3 days before 1/2 the team is sold out form under him by them.

I can't see how he can come with either of them here, and frankly I can't see Shearer working under Wise smoothly even if there were billions to be spent.

I personally feel Shearer has all the attributes to be a top manager - he's commanding, motivational, seems to have a very good understanding of defensive (as well as attacking) tactics and strikes me as the sort of person who would pick players and give credit when they deserve to be picked. Obviously not guaranteeing anything, but if it really is between Kinnear and Shearer for the job then Shearer gets my pick any day.

Give him the job, even if it doesn't work out it will be a weight off the clubs shoulders not having his shadow over the place any more.

I concur. It's been like having Banquo's ghost hanging around over the past few years.

Whilst in the past I've said NO to Shearer, I agree now on this basis.

Who knows, he might be decent.

As for jfk on a permanent basis.....

" Come back Oswald, we need your services one more time" :jesuswept:

Ive always wanted Shearer, but sometime in the hazy future, when he'll already be a proven manager and we will have great success!! I dont mind saying that Shearer is my hero and I want it to work out with him at the helm so badly that I'm petrified incase he takes over before he's ready that it will go terribly wrong :jesuswept:

The only problemToonraider, is that sometime in the not too distant future, we may not have a club to speak of, certainly not one that Shearer would want to take on.

I share your feelings of him coming and making a balls of it- would be a disaster,as i really do admire the bloke.

Edited by Monkeys Fist