JFK's baffling quotes #219

Ketsbaia

“Things have gone on and hopefully after the Chelsea game I will be better (sic) in the picture. The club is almost sold so I don’t know what future I have.

“If you listen to (Keith) Harris he says there is interest from two parties and he doesn’t expect it to go on longer than another couple of weeks.”

From yesterdays Journal.

Is there even a small chance he's got his finger on the pulse? :jesuswept:

i know everyone is playing down Saturday but i just have a feeling there is going to be some kind of announcement, even if its to say we've not been sold, i just think there will be something.

JK needs to shut the fuck up tbh. I don't want to hear from the interim manager what the status of the club's sale is, nor do i really want to hear it from Orville(*)...

Ashley needs to speak up!

* - incidentally, how is Harris' time being funded? I hope to fuck it'll be out of the proceeds of the sale but I'm willing to bet the 'club' rather than Ashley are coughing up....

JK needs to shut the fuck up tbh. I don't want to hear from the interim manager what the status of the club's sale is, nor do i really want to hear it from Orville(*)...

* - incidentally, how is Harris' time being funded? I hope to fuck it'll be out of the proceeds of the sale but I'm willing to bet the 'club' rather than Ashley are coughing up....

You could argue that it'll be worth it as long as it gets Ashley out :jesuswept:

I am actually heartened by Harris' quotes when he says there's progress on the sale front as he seems to have no trouble telling other clubs he is working for that there is no chance (ala Everton). You're right that Ashley needs to speak up and tell us what the craic is though.

You could argue that it'll be worth it as long as it gets Ashley out :lol:

I am actually heartened by Harris' quotes when he says there's progress on the sale front as he seems to have no trouble telling other clubs he is working for that there is no chance (ala Everton). You're right that Ashley needs to speak up and tell us what the craic is though.

For the love of god, change that avatar man.... It's disturbing :jesuswept:

Nailed on that on saturday an announcement is made . . . . . . . . . to tell us nothings happened and we should expect an announcement in the next 4 weeks

Jesus, you're optimistic...

I fully expect to hear absolutely nish.

Oh look, what a suprise... :jesuswept:

Kinnear targets longer deal

nterim Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has admitted he hopes to win a deal until the end of the season.

Kinnear was brought in by Magpies owner Mike Ashley on a temporary basis following the shock departure of Kevin Keegan in September.

The former Nottingham Forest boss initially joined Newcastle on a one-month deal, which was then extended until the end of November as the club continue to look for new owners.

Kinnear is due to meet Ashley after this weekend's game with Chelsea to find out how the sale of the club is progressing and he is planning to discuss his future with the Magpies owner.

The Irishman has revealed he has drawn up a list of targets he wants to buy and players he wants to sell in the January transfer window, if he is still in charge.

"I'm looking forward to the meeting because I think everyone would like some clarification regarding the takeover situation," Kinnear told The Journal.

"Hopefully I'll hear how far down the line the sale of the club is and if there is going to be any significant progress in the next couple of weeks. As far as I know due diligence has started, or is about to start, but I'm not in contact with Keith Harris directly so I don't know.

"This meeting will give me the chance to find out what is going on and what my situation is going to be.

"If the sale isn't as far down the line as we thought then I think it is only right I ask for a contract until the end of the season.

"I know why Mike doesn't want to give me a two or a three-year contract, and I understand that. If I'm on a long-term contract it could jeopardise the sale and I don't want to do that.

"The most important thing is the club, not my personal situation, but I think it is in the best interests of the team if I am given some long-term authority with a contract until June or something like that. It will clear up a bit of the uncertainty.

"If the club isn't going to be sold before the end of the year - and it's not certain that it is - then I'm also going to give the board a list of players I want to sign and list of players I'm willing to sell in January."

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4521760,00.html

"The most important thing is the club, not my personal situation, but I think it is in the best interests of the team if I am given some long-term authority with a contract until June or something like that. It will clear up a bit of the uncertainty.

May 24th and not a day more, unless you somehow are deluded enough to think you'll be working on the 30th you tit :jesuswept:

The Guardian:

Newcastle United's interim manager, Joe Kinnear, will have to wait for a meeting with the club's owner, Mike Ashley, despite repeatedly insisting he was due to discuss the progress of a proposed takeover after tomorrow's trip to Chelsea.

Kinnear has consistently referred to the planned talks with Ashley as a pivotal moment for the future of the club, but it seems Newcastle's owner does not share his sense of urgency as doubts once again surfaced about finding a buyer soon.

The 61-year-old coach, frustrated by the uncertainty surrounding his position, argued earlier this week he would push for a contract until the end of the season if the sale was taking longer than expected.

However Kinnear had changed tack yesterday, claiming he was happy with his month-by-month deal, and admitted he had been mistaken in his belief that this weekend represented any sort of deadline regarding the takeover.

"I said it would be after the Chelsea game," said Kinnear, "but the goalposts have moved since then. Every time it gets nearer to being sold a problem pops up, the credit crunch and whatever else.

"They keep saying we are that much away," he added, gesturing a tiny gap between fingers, "but we have not seen any finances coming up. That is all they tell me. Until something concrete comes up it is not sold, and I will keep going on a month-by-month basis."

There was better news for the club's talisman Michael Owen yesterday. The England striker, ignored by the national coach Fabio Capello in Berlin on Wednesday, could be recalled to the Newcastle starting line-up at Chelsea as Kinnear believes Owen - who came off the bench to score his sixth goal of the season in the 2-2 draw against Wigan at St James' Park last Saturday - is fit for his first start since early October after recovering from a groin problem.

"I would say he's close to 100% now," said Kinnear. "Michael is frustrated because he feels he is almost there, but he's getting better and better, and sharper and sharper. He has his own private coach and he has been doing an hour's special work with him before training starts. That is the type of professional he is."

The Sunderland manager, Roy Keane, has requested a personal hearing from the Football Association as he intends to deny a misconduct charge following a run-in with the referee Martin Atkinson during the 5-0 defeat by Chelsea on November 1. Keane was sent to the stands for the first time as a manager after complaining to the referee at half-time.

Keane has also recalled Carlos Edwards from a loan spell at Wolverhampton Wanderers. The Trinidad & Tobago midfielder is expected to go straight into the squad to face West Ham on Sunday.

Hate to say I told you so but

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry547089

I told you so.

Seriously though, when will people realise that the whole thing is a pile of shite? Im not saying MA doesnt want to sell because he does but for a price that is totally unbelievable in any business sense. Nobody is interested and we are about to go deep deep into shit in January.

Hate to say I told you so but

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry547089

I told you so.

Seriously though, when will people realise that the whole thing is a pile of shite? Im not saying MA doesnt want to sell because he does but for a price that is totally unbelievable in any business sense. Nobody is interested and we are about to go deep deep into shit in January.

It really does look like he's just going to try and ride the bomb all the way down in the blind hope that someone is going to come in and save him.