David Edgar news and rumours

edgarfan

david edgar is being looked at by norwich city....would obviously be a good move to get some playing time....he's at the age where his development will suffer on the bench for months at a time.

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=132165

david is also getting his first call to the senior canadian side on wednesday....canada shat the bed with its strongest national team ever and has one last qualifier against jamaica.....its basically a friendly so many of the 'players of the future' are getting a chance.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/11/18/stalteri_canada/

I would of like to of seen him getting more of a chance. i think he's a good player. IMO

Same here. He's a CB and I wouldn't have minded seeing more of him there. Especially as we aren't exactly overrun with talent in that area.

When he's played he's looked pretty terrible like.

Tbf I think he's a CB and looks out of place at full-back. Haven't seen enough of him to be able to judge him really though.

When he's played he's looked pretty terrible like.

Tbf I think he's a CB and looks out of place at full-back. Haven't seen enough of him to be able to judge him really though.

Probably like, just always looks panicky and never seems composed. Last few times he played his positioning wasn't too clever either. Don't think we'll ever see him start a few games in a row again unless there's a few injuries at the back.

Is this the kid off N-O that reckons he used to play with Edgar?

dont know what n-o is.....just a newcastle fan in canada....

i agree that he looked shakey in the couple of starts he had this year.....but to be fair, he was at RB....his natural position is CB.....his positioning was horrible in those games and he obvioulsy had a bit of nerves....he is too slow for RB.

i would like to see him get a chance, but it appears with the new guy making the decisions he wont get that, so the championship is certainly the best option at this point...he's 21 now...a make or break time for his future....being the captain of a reserve squad isnt going to cut it much longer and he will will soon become a 'could have been'

• 4 weeks later...

edgar's loan opportunity was blocked.....

Meanwhile, Kinnear has revealed he turned down offers of a loan move for Andy Carroll and David Edgar ahead of the deadline for emergency Football League loan moves.

The pair were both offered a move to the Championship, but Kinnear opted to keep them at St James’ Park.

“Clubs inquired about both of them on loan, but, basically, I wasn’t in a position to do that,” said Kinnear. “I explained to both of the lads that it would be a risk if we picked up any more injuries.

“Obviously, both of them would dearly love to be playing, and they’re a bit frustrated.

Nevertheless, they’re aware they’re needed on the bench, and there is a possibility they may be called upon.

At the moment, I’m not in a position to let anybody go.”

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/foo...an_target_Butt/