West Ham = spawniest fucking bastards going...

Craig

Heard on the radio this morning that the people who own the club are now in administration...

Yet West Ham are escaping any 'footballing punishment' on the grounds that the owners were registered to the Premier League under a different name! Fucking hell, first the Tevez carry on and now this?

Luton Town must be fucking fuming...

Eh? It's a total different thing if the owners are personally in administration or with another company or the football club is itself as in the case of Luton. Why should West Ham getting punished as long as they are financially stable?

Eh? It's a total different thing if the owners are personally in administration or with another company or the football club is itself as in the case of Luton. Why should West Ham getting punished as long as they are financially stable?

I agree to that extent but they are like a puppet that's had the stings cut at the moment. What I mean is they will apparently escape punishment when they go under - simply because they were registered under a different name.

Shocking!

I agree to that extent but they are like a puppet that's had the stings cut at the moment. What I mean is they will apparently escape punishment when they go under - simply because they were registered under a different name.

Shocking!

I still don't get your anger. West Ham will have to get punished when the club registered as West Ham United Football Club goes into administration. I don't see what relevance any other registration bears in regard to the punishment of the football club. Because it is just about the legal person that is admitted to the football league and not any other individual.

For the same as I would be furious if Newcastle got punished simply because Mike Ashley / Sports Direct went bancrupt as long as the club itself is still solvent.

Edited by Isegrim

If Mike Ashley or his companies went into administration do you think we should get docked points?

If it led to the club going into adminstration then of course.... Same rules apply for all.

why? don't you?

If Mike Ashley or his companies went into administration do you think we should get docked points?

If it led to the club going into adminstration then of course.... Same rules apply for all.

why? don't you?

See, it is about the club and not about under which name the owners are registered.

Thats out of order they should suffer like any other club

They will if the go into administration.

Fact is they run at a loss. They will no longer receive funding from the owners and banks wont touch them.

The money wont last for ever so if they arent sold they will go into administration and they will be docked points.

There is nothing untoward here.

This is the very nature of limited liability- the West Ham shares held by the Icelandic parent company can be sold off like any other asset in order to repay creditors. If anything they are now probably the cheapest PL club going as the stake in the club will be sold at a fire sale price.

There's absolutely nothing untoward here. Luton Town as a football club on a stand-alone basis went into administration three times and deserved everything they got.

Fact is they run at a loss. They will no longer receive funding from the owners and banks wont touch them.

The money wont last for ever so if they arent sold they will go into administration and they will be docked points.

:jesuswept: could be the thing that keeps us up

:lol: could be the thing that keeps us up

YEAH :jesuswept::)

That's the point I was making..... they were claiming on the radio that they'll escape that on the grounds of some loophole they've exercised in the registration process!

That's the point I was making..... they were claiming on the radio that they'll escape that on the grounds of some loophole they've exercised in the registration process!

It's not a loophole, basically the club as a business is separate to that of the ownership. Now that the owners are in the shit the club will have to be self-sufficient and if it isn't then the club will be put into administration, you can't really dock points from West Ham for doing nothing wrong.

It's not a loophole, basically the club as a business is separate to that of the ownership. Now that the owners are in the shit the club will have to be self-sufficient and if it isn't then the club will be put into administration, you can't really dock points from West Ham for doing nothing wrong.

Exactly, the way I see it panning out:

A: They sell a shed load of players in January

B: They get bought out

C: They go into administration.

2 out of three of those options will leave them at a massive disadvantage. Lets hope that is the case.

2 out of three of those options will leave them at a massive disadvantage. Lets hope that is the case.

Im not keen on the 2nd one, any potential foreign investor in us will now be thinking "London club, much more inviting and cheaper too", this is the sort of thing that Im talking about when people say the sale is nailed on because Due Diligence has allegedly started. Fuck due diligence, these people will drop out at the slightest sniff of a better deal. :jesuswept:

This is the very nature of limited liability- the West Ham shares held by the Icelandic parent company can be sold off like any other asset in order to repay creditors. If anything they are now probably the cheapest PL club going as the stake in the club will be sold at a fire sale price.

There's absolutely nothing untoward here. Luton Town as a football club on a stand-alone basis went into administration three times and deserved everything they got.

Exactly; the whole point of incorporation is that a corporation is a separate entity under the law. Until that entity goes under, there's no basis for docking WHU. Unless you can pierce the corporate veil, but I see no reason to believe that you could in this instance.

If the shareholders and operators of the company are bankrupt, however, it seems unlikely that most of the subsidiaries are going to continue to have sufficient capitalization to keep on as a going affair, so unless there is an asset sale and subsequent recapitalization, it's only a matter of time before the subsidiary (WHU) goes into receivership.

Im not keen on the 2nd one, any potential foreign investor in us will now be thinking "London club, much more inviting and cheaper too", this is the sort of thing that Im talking about when people say the sale is nailed on because Due Diligence has allegedly started. Fuck due diligence, these people will drop out at the slightest sniff of a better deal. :jesuswept:

That may be the case, but around 2/3 of such deals these days include a breakup clause, usually around 5% of the sale price once it gets to the due-diligence phase. Unless the "better deal" is still much better when you add in another £10M that you have to pay for walking away, they're going to have to think about it.

Of course, there's no GUARANTEE that there's such a clause at this stage.

I've not followed the story, but isn't the FA supposed to clear all transfers and issue papers that say a player now belongs to a club and is eligible to play?

Shouldn't Sheffield Utd be suing Bert Millichip and that?

I've not followed the story, but isn't the FA supposed to clear all transfers and issue papers that say a player now belongs to a club and is eligible to play?

Dead by now shirley?

Dead by now shirley?

Well Graham Kelly or whoever's in charge these days.