Krauts v England

Guest Stevie

Pleased for Carrick as I think he's taylor-made for international football the way he does the simple things well and his reading of the game when sweeps up in front of the back 4. He is also capable of playing some excellent long passes as well. It's a bit strange that Capello hasn't seemed to rate him in the past as he is very much a 'continental'-style deep-lying playmaker.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson was to blame for not shouting enough but then again you could say the same about Terry, either way it was a gift.

Agreed there. If Carson wanted it which he seemed to indicate he did then he should be pushing everything aside to get there including Terry and as soon as the ball is in the box. Carson was a good few yards short.

The look on Terry's face. :lol:

Pleased for Carrick as I think he's taylor-made for international football the way he does the simple things well and his reading of the game when sweeps up in front of the back 4. He is also capable of playing some excellent long passes as well. It's a bit strange that Capello hasn't seemed to rate him in the past as he is very much a 'continental'-style deep-lying playmaker.

Seems to be a good deal brighter than Stevie G as well. But alas we need Stevie for his diving abilities in tight games. :lol:

Seems to be a good deal brighter than Stevie G as well. But alas we need Stevie for his diving abilities in tight games. :lol:

Gerrard is a very good player but when you look at the good things he does it is often a 'killer pass' or a great shot that results in a goal. He has great drive but I don't think he's capable of being the man who makes the team tick at international level. That's not to say I wouldn't play him but when he gets too much possession in international games he gives the ball away too often by trying to play what you might call 'world cup balls' (or 'Hollywood balls' © Ron Atkinson). When you do that in the PL you probably get the ball back straight away. When you do that against Spain, you are probably going to be chasing shadows for the next 5 minutes. He needs to be utilised further up the pitch, either in a wide role or behind the striker(s) as he lacks the discipline and ball-retention skill to be the team's playmaker imo.

Gerrard is a very good player but when you look at the good things he does it is often a 'killer pass' or a great shot that results in a goal. He has great drive but I don't think he's capable of being the man who makes the team tick at international level. That's not to say I wouldn't play him but when he gets too much possession in international games he gives the ball away too often by trying to play what you might call 'world cup balls' (or 'Hollywood balls' © Ron Atkinson). When you do that in the PL you probably get the ball back straight away. When you do that against Spain, you are probably going to be chasing shadows for the next 5 minutes. He needs to be utilised further up the pitch, either in a wide role or behind the striker(s) as he lacks the discipline and ball-retention skill to be the team's playmaker imo.

Steven Gerrard??!??!!

Steven Gerrard??!??!!

The discipline to keep it simple when needed if you like, rather than the ability to play the passes. I.e. a mental thing rather than a technical deficiency.

I'd have more respect for Gerrard if he did what his mate Carragher did and removed himself from international selection.

He doesn't give a fuck about England and we've plenty to choose from with Lampard, Hargreaves, Carrick, Barry, Cole etc, etc, plus any younger players who may breakthrough before 2010.

I agree with Stevie, it is a complete farce that Germany are ranked ahead of England, despite finishing runners up at Euro 2008 which England failed to qualify for. What a fucking joke.

I didn't say it was a farce I understand the reasons, I said it was laughable when you look at the entire squads of both countries, the same as it was laughable we didn't qualify for the 2008 tournament.

I agree with Stevie, it is a complete farce that Germany are ranked ahead of England, despite finishing runners up at Euro 2008 which England failed to qualify for. What a fucking joke.

I didn't say it was a farce I understand the reasons, I said it was laughable when you look at the entire squads of both countries, the same as it was laughable we didn't qualify for the 2008 tournament.

Obviously the team is only going to be ranked as highly as their results and Germany have a proven track record of qualifying and doing well at major championships. Germany have a habit of having a team greater than the sum of it's parts.

Obviously the team is only going to be ranked as highly as their results and Germany have a proven track record of qualifying and doing well at major championships. Germany have a habit of having a team greater than the sum of it's parts.

They have a habit of bring lucky cunts. It's funny in 2002 we had the worst side ever in a WC Final, and in 2006 we had the worst world champions ever, football is changing.

To be honest, I thought France were ordinary in '98 and Brazil were no great shakes four years later either. By the standards of previous World Cup winners anyway. Not sure if that's nostalgia, the greater emphasis on club football / the CL compared to international football, or a combination of both.

As I said before the game, you don't compare Germany to fucking England. Only James and Terry are absolute first choice out there, and while it wasn't a full kraut side there was more of them than us. Imagine if it had've been Rooney and Gerrard getting at them. Germany are shite, they haven't got one world class player. Remember when we were doing that thing a mixed anglokraut side, and fucking Isegrim picked 7 of them and 4 of us :D Honestly our best team I wouldn't have one of their players, Klose looks a spent force who else is there? They're a wank side, and the only disappointment is our dominance wasn't fully reflected in the scoreline.

Eh? I can't remeber doing so (and having found anything by using the search option).

Good result for England. I didn't bother watching it though. Friendlies like this have really become a farce.

Apologies Isegrim, it was this laughable fucking idiot.....

Back to topic.

If you had could have 11 players from England/Germany national team playing for Newcastle in a 4-4-2 who would you have?

I'd go:

---------------- James

-- G.Neville---Ferdinand---JT-----A. Cole

--Bentley--Ballack--Gerrard--J. Cole

---------- Klose - Rooney

James

-- G.Neville---Ferdinand---Woodgate-----A. Cole

--Beckham--Carrick--Gerrard--J. Cole

---------- Klose - Rooney

Lehmann

Friedrich Mertezacher Terry Lahrm

Schweinsteiger Gerrard © Ballack Podolski

Rooney Klose

Hysterical

Damn, this was awful. We were the far worse team for about 2/3 of the match and still luckily won it. That's German luck tbh.

Lahm did everything wrong and right. I'd kill the Turckish 'keeper personally tbh...

Individually we're head and shoulders better than the krauts, it's a crying shame that ginger bastard was ever given control of the England team.

The two centre halfs are astonishingly shite. The fundamental thing in football is passing the ball, both of them reminded me of Stephen Caldwell in this aspect.

The Krauts are underrated and Engurlad are vastly overrated. To say that Engurland is head and shoulders above them in any respect is complete trash.

How many of the German players would get in an England 11 ?

Only Ballack, Klose, Podolski and Lahm would have any chance. The rest are sub standard.

Lehmann is better than any English Keeper and Frings is better than any holding midfielder England has. Metzelder is also woth a shout, not to mention Schweinsteiger.

How many English players would make the German team is a more appropriate question.

You are a fuckin mug. Metzelder wouldn't be in the top 8 English centre halfs in my opinion. As for Lehman oh my god, leave you fucking cunt. I think he would probably admit himself he couldn't wipe James' arse, you could even put a case up for Harper being better, I've certainly not seen James or Harper drop two clangers in one game like he did last night. Frings oh dear.

You really haven`t got a clue, do you? David James is a joke..........and so is your knowledge of football.

I've forgotten more about football than you will ever know you fuckin Swiss cunt. 4-2 4-2 4-2. Support a team from your home country you gloryhunting tosspot or better still your home city.

David James had a two dodgy seasons in his career at Liverpool, apart from that I don't think Harry Redknapp is far wrong when he says technically he's one of if not the best keeper in the world. His concentration is fucking spot on these days, and to compare him to Lehmann is an insult.

I repeat the only German that would start in the England team would be Klose in my opinion would be Klose.

David James is a joke eh? I'm pleased this cunt no longer darkens the door of this forum.

Damn, this was awful. We were the far worse team for about 2/3 of the match and still luckily won it. That's German luck tbh.

Lahm did everything wrong and right. I'd kill the Turckish 'keeper personally tbh...

Individually we're head and shoulders better than the krauts, it's a crying shame that ginger bastard was ever given control of the England team.

The two centre halfs are astonishingly shite. The fundamental thing in football is passing the ball, both of them reminded me of Stephen Caldwell in this aspect.

The Krauts are underrated and Engurlad are vastly overrated. To say that Engurland is head and shoulders above them in any respect is complete trash.

:aye:

You couldn't play Ballack and Gerrard in the same team in my opinion, and Gerrard is head and shoulders better. With regards Lahm, he's one of the best I've ever seen attacking from full back but he's piss poor at defending, so it would be debatable if he would get in in front of Ashley Cole. Podolski wouldn't get in in front of Rooney in my opinion, so the only Kraut I think you could say would make our strongest eleven for definite would be Miroslav Klose, although I think Schweinsteiger has a lot potential.

That would explain why they are in the final of a tournament that your 11 couldn`t even qualify for! I think only about 4 English players would make the German team. Added to that, they don`t have a winning mentality like the Germans do.

What a cunt.