Newcastle United vs Chelsea

Deano

And so it continues, a tough trip to plastic bridge on the back of two poor performances. Two additional injury worries in Taylor and Barton, JFK is left with his biggest team selection and test to date.

Taking into consideration that JFK and CH tried to gee up Enrique only for him to fail miserably on the pitch, and Taylor looking likely to miss out, i wouldnt be suprised if we see a new back four combination on saturday.

Beye Coloccini Bassong N'Zogbia

I think it could work well, instead of worrying about Enrique drpping blunders and being poor on the ball and going forward, put charlie in there, add a bit of positivity and pace to the side. If we are going to get anything out of this game we have got to take it to them, we cant and are not good enough to sit back and soak up the pressure. Attack is the best form of defence.

I'd imagine Bassong will continue at CB following his good showing last week as i dont see cacapa getting another run out anytime soon never mind against Chelsea of all teams.

If he goes with that defence he will be able to keep his faith in Duff who i personally would have in the side but would accomodate him against chelsea for two reason, 1- His old club and theres a chance he will want to prove a point, 2- N'Zogbia who would normally replace him is at LB and will be able to support him.

Gutierrez Guthrie Butt Duff

Upfront i think we are going to see Oba and Owen, both scored last week and shola could be thrown on in second half to rough up there defence if needed.

The optimist inside me says we can win 2-1

The realist says we will get beat 2-0

So thats a 1-1 draw then :jesuswept: I'll take it! :lol:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd play as scratch a side as possible. Like the Mackems did a few weeks ago.

Face it, we are 99% certain to lose this fixture why the fuck risk the players getting injured and missing more winnable games. Can we afford to lose Owen or Martins for a lengthy period?

I can see a time very soon when just about every team that plays Man U and Chelsea away will field a team shorn of important players.

Keane was right not to risk the players he now relies on to get him results.

Why is it that other teams can go to these places (the Bridge, Old Trafford, Emirates etc.) and get shock results but that we, as supporters, never even believe that we can get results in these situations?

That's not a go at anyone ... I'm asking myself that question as much as I am anyone else.

Yes, I agree, we'll get crushed.

But we may be able to grab a draw Man U-style like we did on the first Saturday.

My heart says that's possible ... my head says no.

:jesuswept::lol:

:)

Edited by dbsweeney

Off topic ...

Tom, I was looking at your avatar.

Do you think that Oba's ever injured himself doing that?

Now that would suck ... out for a couple of games because your celebration fucked up.

I'm not sure about Oba but Lua Lua has injured himself a couple of times.

He was banned from doing it at Pompey :lol:

The way the league is panning out at the minute I think we need to play as strong a team as possible to try and keep the score down. Goal difference could prove vital this year and avoiding the five nil drubbings the scum and paedo's got should be the prioity.

Fuck sake all this negativity

Is it negativity? or being realistic? they have the league's top goalscorer, craft in midfield we can only dream of and again a defence we can only dream of. the only department we match them in is with the goalkeepers and i suspect shay is going to be particularly busy. yes theres a chance of a result, which is why you play the game, but at the end of the day we're playing the favourites for the league on their own patch, which just happens to be the ground which boasts a ridiculous record of one defeat in four years.

Edited by adam_cann

Fuck sake all this negativity

Is it negativity? or being realistic? they have the league's top goalscorer, craft in midfield we can only dream of and again a defence we can only dream of. the only department we match them in is with the goalkeepers and i suspect shay is going to be particularly busy. yes theres a chance of a result, which is why you play the game, but at the end of the day we're playing the favourites for the league on their own patch, which just happens to be the ground which boasts a ridiculous record of one defeat in four years.

MASS amounts of negitivity mate, if the players went into the game thinking what some of the fans think then we mite as well just give up now!

Anyone can beat anyone on there day!

Have a little faith man

Off topic ...

Tom, I was looking at your avatar.

Do you think that Oba's ever injured himself doing that?

Now that would suck ... out for a couple of games because your celebration fucked up.

I'm not sure about Oba but Lua Lua has injured himself a couple of times.

He was banned from doing it at Pompey :lol:

across the pond there was a pretty funny incident... a player puts the ball into the back of the net and then does a flip to celebrate... he snaps his leg and is also ruled offsides... moments later the other team scores... the player runs to the other team's bench and does a flip right in front of them...