Newcastle United vs Chelsea

Deano

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

creditable point there, makes losing to Fulham and drawing with Wigan even more bitter though.

We need to take this on though, hopefully this will give us a firm base to launch a serious climb of the table.

Agree, it was a powerful performance from Bassong - to drop him to bring Taylor back in would be foolish. You could not honestly criticise any of the back four for their efforts in this match.

JFK has an obvious favouritism towards Damien Duff. In my opinion it should have been Duff not Jonas making way for N'Zogbia.

Stoked with a point! Keeping a clean sheet against Chelsea at the Bridge is great. Thank Shay for some good goal keeping, though Chelsea didn't create as many clear chances as they should have given their possession. Put that down to some good defending. Coloccini improved vastly in the second half with some very good clearing headers.

Agree, it was a powerful performance from Bassong - to drop him to bring Taylor back in would be foolish. You could not honestly criticise any of the back four for their efforts in this match.

JFK has an obvious favouritism towards Damien Duff. In my opinion it should have been Duff not Jonas making way for N'Zogbia.

Stoked with a point! Keeping a clean sheet against Chelsea at the Bridge is great. Thank Shay for some good goal keeping, though Chelsea didn't create as many clear chances as they should have given their possession. Put that down to some good defending. Coloccini improved vastly in the second half with some very good clearing headers.

:D Strewth, want a tinny to celebrate, yer great gallah!

:aye:

I agree up to the point of Jonas' last foul ,after that it was in the trenches stuff and a bit risky to leave him on.I thought in the first half Duff looked uninterested.Second half he gave a bit more defensively but was still shite.

Story of the last... 20 games or so it feels like. Disgusting. Although not too important today away at Chelsea.

I agree up to the point of Jonas' last foul ,after that it was in the trenches stuff and a bit risky to leave him on.I thought in the first half Duff looked uninterested.Second half he gave a bit more defensively but was still shite.

If I had to pick who I'd have alongside me in the trenches the name Damien Duff would not come up :D

That said, he was the one that was there when the best chance of the second half fell to Ballack, so credit to him. He (Duff) actually made a tackle in the second half too - almost couldn't believe it!

Bassong MOTM.

Well done whoever spotted him because he looks like he's got the potential to be quality.

Same people who spotted Xisco and Nacho?

And Jonas and Coloccini who both look a class above.

I haven't seen that much of Nacho because he's aggravated an injury but he's only on loan so it's no loss if he doesn't work out, Xisco I think could still do well here when Kinnear leaves and we move away from the long ball rubbish, unfortunately some fans see him as the reason for Keegan doing his usual walking out routine so have been quick to write him off compared with other players in the past.

Bassong MOTM.

Well done whoever spotted him because he looks like he's got the potential to be quality.

I haven't seen that much of Nacho because he's aggravated an injury but he's only on loan so it's no loss if he doesn't work out, Xisco I think could still do well here when Kinnear leaves and we move away from the long ball rubbish, unfortunately some fans see him as the reason for Keegan doing his usual walking out routine so have been quick to write him off compared with other players in the past.

I was taking the piss like. Chomp anyway.

Bassong MOTM.

Kinnear won't leave till Ashley sells, so he'll be here for another 3-4 seasons. :D

Going to sleep me, I hope something interesting has happened by the time i wake up.

So nothing good happened.

Not getting hammered 5-0 and coming home with a point..... pretty good at the moment.

Well done the Lads, Given earned several post match Guiness imo

They're class, we're shit. That's hardly negativity, it's a fact.

Want a pint mate? Your glass is empty?

Lighten up man you miserable fuck! :D

:aye:

You were right tbf. ;)