Newcastle United vs Chelsea

Deano

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get in! Good defensive performace, we were woeful going forward though, owen and martins were piss poor!

Bassong Beye, and Given were brilliant today!

Still cant stand enrique and duff...

Don't think Martins & Owen were piss poor, the amount of service they got was piss poor. Seen Shearer have many a bad game due to lack of service.

And in my opinion taking Martins off and replacing him with Ameobi was like Martins getting a red card and down to 10 men.

Enrique wasn't much better than he was last week. Too many times when they broke down the right Enrique seemed to be playing as a central defender not a left-back.

Nzogbia should have replaced Duff not Jonas. Again I question Kinnear's usefulness in making substitutions.

I expected to lose to the league leaders, can't belive we didn't. GREAT result. Under siege for a good percentage of the match, hard to believe they didn't score.

Liverpool did a historic Newcastle turn today, results went in their favour but they shot themselves in the foot.

Bassong had a very good game, 100% better than last week. Beye was his normal good self, and Colocini was better than last week.

Get in! Good defensive performace, we were woeful going forward though, owen and martins were piss poor!

Don't think Martins & Owen were piss poor, the amount of service they got was piss poor. Seen Shearer have many a bad game due to lack of service.

And in my opinion taking Martins off and replacing him with Ameobi was like Martins getting a red card and down to 10 men.

Enrique wasn't much better than he was last week. Too many times when they broke down the right Enrique seemed to be playing as a central defender not a left-back.

Nzogbia should have replaced Duff not Jonas. Again I question Kinnear's usefulness in making substitutions.

I expected to lose to the league leaders, can't belive we didn't. GREAT result. Under siege for a good percentage of the match, hard to believe they didn't score.

Liverpool did a historic Newcastle turn today, results went in their favour but they shot themselves in the foot.

Bassong had a very good game, 100% better than last week. Beye was his normal good self, and Colocini was better than last week.

While i agree with Z'zogbia replacing duff instead of gutierrez, thats about all i agree with.

Owen and martins were gash today, especially owen who was quiet and done nothing, sat too deep and when we did break he was nowhere to be seen. Ameobi done ok when he came on but to say it was like we were down to 10 men is a bit rash, martins hadnt done nothing inparticular to note, and shola done nothing wrong.

And as for your comment about bassong being 100% better than the last game? he was excellant against wigan too so idont see your point at all?

They're class, we're shit. That's hardly negativity, it's a fact.

Want a pint mate? Your glass is empty?

Lighten up man you miserable fuck! :aye:

;)

You were right tbf. :)

About the result? Or you being a miserable fuck? :D

Not happy we failed to score. Only the second time all season.

;)

:D

Statto :aye:

Only chelsea's second game this season they failed to score too, other was when liverpool beat them!

:)

EDIT: for some reason what i typed didnt appear at first?

Edited by Geordie Lad...

They're class, we're shit. That's hardly negativity, it's a fact.

Want a pint mate? Your glass is empty?

Lighten up man you miserable fuck! :aye:

;)

You were right tbf. :)

About the result? Or you being a miserable fuck? :D

You know the latter isn't true baby.

Just got in - felt like a victory.

We rode our luck and they had an off day but I still thought we battled well and deserved it. I think Chelsea have a team of good players (obviously) but they don't quite know how to dig something out when things aren't going their way. I'd still love to see somoene snap Joe Cheat's leg though.

On individual performances everyone battled well but hats off the Enrique who did well after I slagged him off for the Fulham performance.

One thing I will say is that its obvious looking at their fans that they have a lot of old school fans from the old days but at the same time they have an awful lot of football tourist cunts who have absolutely no clue how to support a team when they need it. This one was for you you fucking Lovejoyesque scum.

While i agree with Z'zogbia replacing duff instead of gutierrez, thats about all i agree with.

Owen and martins were gash today, especially owen who was quiet and done nothing, sat too deep and when we did break he was nowhere to be seen. Ameobi done ok when he came on but to say it was like we were down to 10 men is a bit rash, martins hadnt done nothing inparticular to note, and shola done nothing wrong.

And as for your comment about bassong being 100% better than the last game? he was excellant against wigan too so idont see your point at all?

Not making a point about Bassong, merely saying I thought he played 100% better than last week. If he made one tackle last week and two this week, that's 100% better isn't it?, so what's your point?.

As for Owen sitting too deep, that's not surprising when the entire midfield are falling back to stiffen the defense against the Chelsea onslaught.

I don't ask anyone to agree with my opinions, that's all they are, MY opinions based on how I see the game :D .

Not making a point about Bassong, merely saying I thought he played 100% better than last week. If he made one tackle last week and two this week, that's 100% better isn't it?, so what's your point?.

As for Owen sitting too deep, that's not surprising when the entire midfield are falling back to stiffen the defense against the Chelsea onslaught.

I don't ask anyone to agree with my opinions, that's all they are, MY opinions based on how I see the game :D .

Man U win 3-0 one week and the next they win 6-0 i think the commentator would be laughed at if he were to say "Man U have improved 100% on last weeks performance"

Go figure

On individual performances everyone battled well but hats off the Enrique who did well after I slagged him off for the Fulham performance.

Good to see someone giving credit where credit is due to a player who seems to cop an unfair amount of criticism. If you honestly look at most of the times where Enrique sends a ball upfield there is noone in close proximity for him to pass to. You can understand him not wanting to hold onto the ball and try to beat a player on the dribble, so clearing is the best option he has. He makes a good amount of tackles, and is pretty quick. Leagues ahead of N'Zogbia in terms of his defense. In the first half in particuylar he had NO protection from Damien Duff, and with Bosingwa so keen to get forward he was often in a position where he had to try to mark two players - this is the reason why he was sometimes pulled in towards the middle - following runs from Joe Cole - the onus was on our midfield to pickup Bosingwa breaking forward.

Good to see someone giving credit where credit is due to a player who seems to cop an unfair amount of criticism. If you honestly look at most of the times where Enrique sends a ball upfield there is noone in close proximity for him to pass to. You can understand him not wanting to hold onto the ball and try to beat a player on the dribble, so clearing is the best option he has. He makes a good amount of tackles, and is pretty quick. Leagues ahead of N'Zogbia in terms of his defense. In the first half in particuylar he had NO protection from Damien Duff, and with Bosingwa so keen to get forward he was often in a position where he had to try to mark two players - this is the reason why he was sometimes pulled in towards the middle - following runs from Joe Cole - the onus was on our midfield to pickup Bosingwa breaking forward.

I think he is gash and all stick is justified, granted it wasnt a horror show today by any means, he was solid defensively but his passing is awful bud, short game, long game, vision, the lot. You can argue he had no support but he had plenty. And id say his long ball percentage for accurate long balls is around the 10% just a guestimate of course.

January 1st id be slapping a 5mil bid for Warnock for sure!

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Don't think he did anything worse than Beye in that match and had a lot more work to do defensively. Don't know if you watched the match, but I'll reiterate he seldom had anyone to pass to when he cleared it.

I'm not suggesting he's a world beater or anything, but in my opinion he's a credible left back and I think we're only going to see him improve.

Buying a player of his age with his experience and bringing him to a new club you know 100% that you're going to have to give him time in the team to firstly adjust and then to develop - noone here seems to understand that. More important areas of the pitch to strengthen IMO, though we should realistically have cover at both fullback positions when we really don't.

Don't think he did anything worse than Beye in that match and had a lot more work to do defensively. Don't know if you watched the match, but I'll reiterate he seldom had anyone to pass to when he cleared it.

I'm not suggesting he's a world beater or anything, but in my opinion he's a credible left back and I think we're only going to see him improve.

Buying a player of his age with his experience and bringing him to a new club you know 100% that you're going to have to give him time in the team to firstly adjust and then to develop - noone here seems to understand that. More important areas of the pitch to strengthen IMO, though we should realistically have cover at both fullback positions when we really don't.

Yes i did watch the match and your comparison with beye is baffling, beye is experienced and consistently gets forward and passes theball well. Enrique looks like he has no ability in the sense of passing and vision.

I dont think there are many who would rate enrique tbh.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Yes i did watch the match and your comparison with beye is baffling, beye is experienced and consistently gets forward and passes theball well. Enrique looks like he has no ability in the sense of passing and vision.

To be fair your a bit of an idiot who always posts shite, stop complaining about every view made.

To be fair your a bit of an idiot who always posts shite, stop complaining about every view made.

How do i post shit? do i talk rubbish about the team and players?

You never seem to have an opinion of the topic in hand, just rip other peoples posts apart.

I dont understand the stick you give me besty?

You never seem to have an opinion of the topic in hand, just rip other peoples posts apart.

It's the threads you make.

This.

It's the threads you make.

This.

Granted i mite of started a few shit topics off, but i only try to stir up convo, get peoples opinions, because as you well know besty this board had died a death..there are times when it is completely dead.

I apologise if some of my topics arent upto your high standard. But iv started many threads which have got alot of attention, alot of people talking.

To say i always talk shit is a but harsh dont you think?

There are alot of people less constructive, logical and articulate in there posts,and they dont come in for as much stick as i get from you and a few others.

:aye:

Edited by Geordie Lad...

anchorman_still.jpg

You stay classy, San Diego?