Squatters take over £6m Mayfair house

Park Life

An elegant Mayfair property valued at more than £6m (even in today's depressed market) has been occupied by anarchist squatters. The penniless youths from the self-styled Da! Collective have become neighbours to some of the wealthiest individuals, swankiest restaurants and well-heeled businesses in the country.

They have since connected up to the utilities, and say that they will pay their energy bills. Bedding paraphernalia, rucksacks and "artworks" cover the floors. The new tenants feed themselves by rummaging in bins. They claim that far from damaging the house, they are improving it after years of neglect, and deny that they are breaking the law.

"Other people can come here," one of the squatters, 21-year-old Stephanie Smith, said. "We want people to use it as project space. People can work here, stay wherever they want."

:lol:

I bet they listen non-stop to that acid/techno/trance stuff that gets annoying after about 3 songs even if you're off your tits. They always do. I bet the neighbours love them :lol:

Squats used to be common in London. I take it this isn't the case now?

They've all been stabbed by black teenagers.

When the foreigners cotton on to the squatting trick, thats when you need to worry. Apparently the foreigners bed down in the parks whilst Stephanie / Tarquin et al twoc the best real estate. I dont know why but i've always assoicated squatters with an unjust sense of priveledge. Possibly unfairly.

Edited by ChezGiven

When the foreigners cotton on to the squatting trick, thats when you need to worry. Apparently the foreigners bed down in the parks whilst Stephanie / Tarquin et al twoc the best real estate. I dont know why but i've always assoicated squatters with an unjust sense of priveledge. Possibly unfairly.

That's the ones in West London squats.

In Hackney it's more Andy and Bez.

That's the ones in West London squats.

In Hackney it's more Andy and Bez.

Mayfair is neither of those, its WC1. To me, west London is Fulham, Acton, Ealing etc.

I think there is a bit of the 'too posh to wash' amongst them, a la the crusty / New Age traveller mob. Sub-human scum tbh :lol:

With funds pouring in from an understanding mummy and daddy.

Aye. Proper rebels though. Some of them can be a right laugh mind.

I think there is a bit of the 'too posh to wash' amongst them, a la the crusty / New Age traveller mob. Sub-human scum tbh :lol:

Speaking from experience?

Speaking from experience?

I wish. :D

It's the 'West End' rather than West London I suppose. Innit?

Iirc Ricky and Bianca were fond of going 'Up west'. I dont think they meant Mayfair clubs tbh.

Euphemism tbh.

Rent and ownership are so hideously expensive in London I don't have a problem with people residing in empty homes, presuming they don't turn the place into a flea infested mong pit of course. I do agree that for some it is merely a rite of passage, like scoring K at Anjuna, and they are just taking the piss.

I know a few people in negotiated squats, where the property is not residential but they pay the landlord unofficial rent and the landlord doesn't kick them out when local residents complain to the police. I also know someone living in Camelot Properties where they are effectively looking after an empty (sometimes very interesting) property for a nominal rate. If you can sort something like this out in London then when you factor in tax it puts £6-£10k on your salary. That's a lot of whelks.

http://www.camelotproperty.com/home.php/b/gbr-en/home/Home

Sticking it to the man by having long hair (apparently :D ) at 18-21, working for the man with a clone business hair cut by 25.

An elegant Mayfair property valued at more than £6m (even in today's depressed market) has been occupied by anarchist squatters. The penniless youths from the self-styled Da! Collective have become neighbours to some of the wealthiest individuals, swankiest restaurants and well-heeled businesses in the country.

They have since connected up to the utilities, and say that they will pay their energy bills. Bedding paraphernalia, rucksacks and "artworks" cover the floors. The new tenants feed themselves by rummaging in bins. They claim that far from damaging the house, they are improving it after years of neglect, and deny that they are breaking the law.

"Other people can come here," one of the squatters, 21-year-old Stephanie Smith, said. "We want people to use it as project space. People can work here, stay wherever they want."

:lol:

gas the fuckers out

:D

gas the fuckers out

Yeah but who's ganna pay for it?? :lol: