Kinnear given another month

Snake

I suspect Ashley is unrealistically valuing the club. Shepherd and Dave Whelan, among others, have both expressed the view that he's being greedy, although against that they both have axes to grind.

There was one good indication of the sort of figure Ashley is seeking which has gone surprisingly under-reported. Keith Harris, in one of his many interviews, was commenting on the £400mil figure being bandied around and called that 'an exagerration'. Immediately after, however, he mentioned £300mil as being 'realistic'. I remember seeing that interview and being surprised it wasn't subsequently picked up on.

It's mentioned here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...guaranteed.html

Harris sought to clarify the reported valuation of Newcastle. '£400m sounds like an exaggeration,' he said. Harris said that £300m 'seems reasonable'.

he mentioned £300mil as being 'realistic'.

Only £50+m over what he's paid and £100m over what the club was valued at, so vaguely realistic I guess. I'll still be surprised if he gets more than £250m for us though.

Hard to work out what the fuck is going on really. He's lost the trust of most of the fans, and I make him absolutely screwed as far as season ticket sales go if he's still here come summer - they'll drop through the floor unless there's a dramatic turnaround on the pitch (no chance of that) I bet. Yet if he doesn't sell before January he's here till the end of the season minimum as no fucker will be mad enough to buy it between January and May given the threat of relegation.

The only thing I'm convinced about amid all the murk and spin hovering round the club is that Ashley is a complete cunt.

Only £50+m over what he's paid and £100m over what the club was valued at, so vaguely realistic I guess. I'll still be surprised if he gets more than £250m for us though.

Not really, the club was worth £130mil 2 years ago and weve got shitter since then. He paid off £100mil debt but it doesnt automatically mean the club is worth £230mil! The market has gone to shit in the last year so hel be lucky if he even gets back what he spent, let alone asking for a profit

Nothing to suggest he's been offered the chance to break even tbh.

A lad at work has sold his house this week - he had to take about 20% less than he originally wanted due to market conditions. That's how the world is - the fat cunt should wake up sharpish and fuck off.

Not really, the club was worth £130mil 2 years ago and weve got shitter since then. He paid off £100mil debt but it doesnt automatically mean the club is worth £230mil! The market has gone to shit in the last year so hel be lucky if he even gets back what he spent, let alone asking for a profit

Well it was independently valued by two companies at ~£200m last season, but that was before the current :D and before the credit crunch really set it.

He's probably still asking £280+m for it.

Nothing to suggest he's been offered the chance to break even tbh.

A lad at work has sold his house this week - he had to take about 20% less than he originally wanted due to market conditions. That's how the world is - the fat cunt should wake up sharpish and fuck off.

SURVEYORS REPORT FOR NE1 4ST;

This one-time fortress is in need of major re-structuring work.

Cosmetic additions cannot hide crumbling foundations, the result of at least a decade of neglect.

Potential buyers will need to invest heavily in re-developement,from ground up.

This project will appeal only to serious developers, not cockney fuckwits.

The club is worth less than he paid for it. Because of the market situation, because he'd paid over the odds (his fault) and because it's in a worse state than when he took it over (his fault).

The club is worth less than he paid for it. Because of the market situation, because he'd paid over the odds (his fault) and because it's in a worse state than when he took it over (his fault).

Exactly... hard to understand how any prick can defend the Fat Cunt's obviously over-inflated asking price. There's no way he'll get more than what he paid for it because of the current financial climate and because he's fucked the club up good and proper - it's also hard to understand how anyone could possibly believe anything the fat, lying wanker says because he's already proven himself to be a cunt of the highest order.

To be honest I'd expect Kinnear to be given run of the club now until the end of the season, I can't see Fat Cunt selling the club before then (if ever, with his delusions) and there's not going to be any money coming in to bolster things so it probably best to try and make something from what little we have be inducing this 'siege mentality' that JFK seems to be up for.

Exactly... hard to understand how any prick can defend the Fat Cunt's obviously over-inflated asking price. There's no way he'll get more than what he paid for it because of the current financial climate and because he's fucked the club up good and proper - it's also hard to understand how anyone could possibly believe anything the fat, lying wanker says because he's already proven himself to be a cunt of the highest order.

To be honest I'd expect Kinnear to be given run of the club now until the end of the season, I can't see Fat Cunt selling the club before then (if ever, with his delusions) and there's not going to be any money coming in to bolster things so it probably best to try and make something from what little we have be inducing this 'siege mentality' that JFK seems to be up for.

I know it is isnt it?, lets ask one.

Baggio?

My only grasp of hope is that Ashley realises if we are relegated his investment will be in tatters. So, giving a few £ now will save £££ later. :D

My only grasp of hope is that Ashley realises if we are relegated his investment will be in tatters. So, giving a few £ now will save £££ later. :D

I think he'll gamble to the bitter end, unfortunately. :aye:

Keith Harris, the man responsible for finding a buyer for Newcastle United, has admitted that if the club is not sold within the next few weeks then it could be February before a new owner is found.

Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, explained that due to the economic crisis a new buyer may not be found until well into the New Year.

It is no secret that owner Mike Ashley is keen for a quick sale after Newcastle supporters revolted, as he took the blame for former manager Kevin Keegan resigning earlier in the season.

Keegan was said to have been unhappy with the club's transfer policy after Ashley appointed Dennis Wise as director of football.

Unhappy

The signings of relative unknowns Xisco from Spain and Uruguayan Ignacio Gonzalez on the last day of the transfer window were the last straw for Keegan.

But Harris has revealed that Ashley could be around the club for a while longer, as he struggles to find a new buyer.

He said: "What I have said in the past is, if you put yourself in the position of a prospective owner of Newcastle or any other football club, you want to be there and have a chance to work with the manager to decide on what should happen to the playing staff, both coming out and going in.

"It that wasn't the case, you probably want to wait and see how the activity was in January, so you would defer it until February.

"We are nudging now towards mid-November and unless it is going to happen in the next couple of weeks maybe, three weeks it is probably likely to be deferred until after the close of the window.

"This is when people have got some hopes that the financial chaos will have settled down a little.

"I don't think there is anything negative in that, it is force of circumstances."

It appears that a sale is not on the cards for the immediate future after interim manager Joe Kinnear was awarded another month-long contract.

Possibilities

Recent rumours have surfaced regarding interest from two American-based consortia but Harris insists that the current state of the financial market is a major factor why the club has yet to be sold.

He added: "With Newcastle, the situation is relatively straightforward. The last month to six weeks has been, in the financial markets, the worst anyone can ever remember.

"The people that have either approached us or we have approached have responded positively, are no less affected.

"People are becoming exceptionally cautious. The thing that has come in our favour is a strong performance of the US dollar, particularly against sterling.

"This means that it has become much cheaper (to buy an English club). We are hoping that comes to fruition.

"Obviously, we also have a transfer window coming up, the only chance a club has to amend it's playing staff materially during the course of the season and that will be playing on potential new owners minds right now."

:D