My take on the future

peasepud

I blame Happy Face for all this. MA started reading his posts last year when he was screaming for sensible spending in every thread he flirted with. :lol:

I'm surprised he's not been mining all the steel out of all club owned concrete to "invest" in the scrap metal market.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, if we needed to sell Milner to pay for the other 3, it was lucky he handed in a transfer request a week before the window closed. Some top foresight there by the people handling recruitment.

so they werent planning on selling, so what are you whinging about?

Everybody knows, there is no buyer. And that Ashley will lose millions if you go down. He will not let that happen and you will invest in Jan.

That Milner money may come in very handy yet.

Why is everything from the club stating that January will be another £0 transfer budget then?

Not at all what they said. Sell before you buy doesnt mean zero spend. I expect some of the higher earners to be shipped out with a moderate transfer kitty to invest in players of Collicini and Jonas' ilk.

They money freed up on the wage bill should allow that.

Yes it does, if they can reduce the wage bill that doesn't mean there'll be more to spend, in fact looking at Ashley's record in that context it probably means there'll be a £0 transfer fee budget and a negative over all spend with savings on wages.

"Investment" :lol:

Course it does. Owens wages alone would free up 6m a year that the club could spend.

If you sold Shay, Owen and Barton I reckon you could by 6 players on reasonable wages who could push on up the league.

Could, possibly. But won't, in all likelihood.

You mean if we sold all our decent players we could actually had a functional squad like Keegan wanted (with a lot less quality)?

Of course if Wise and Ashley had half a clue we could have had the functional squad and the quality as well....... "investment". ;)

And continue on with the crippling wage bill? Maybe ask those players politely to take a wage cut?

I can understand why you are all like this because you are used to supporting a club willing to mortgage its future on the odd big name to keep the fans appeased.

Anyway, if we needed to sell Milner to pay for the other 3, it was lucky he handed in a transfer request a week before the window closed. Some top foresight there by the people handling recruitment.

Everybody knows, there is no buyer. And that Ashley will lose millions if you go down. He will not let that happen and you will invest in Jan.

Why is everything from the club stating that January will be another £0 transfer budget then?

Not at all what they said. Sell before you buy doesnt mean zero spend. I expect some of the higher earners to be shipped out with a moderate transfer kitty to invest in players of Collicini and Jonas' ilk.

Yes it does, if they can reduce the wage bill that doesn't mean there'll be more to spend, in fact looking at Ashley's record in that context it probably means there'll be a £0 transfer fee budget and a negative over all spend with savings on wages.

Course it does. Owens wages alone would free up 6m a year that the club could spend.

If you sold Shay, Owen and Barton I reckon you could by 6 players on reasonable wages who could push on up the league.

£3m signings like Lee Yung Pyo are ok for Tottenham, but we're the toon, there isn't a better keeper than Given so we can't replace him adequately, Owen again when he's fit one of the best of his type, Barton I'd see go if we got someone with a better attitude in, even Kevin Nolan could improve that midfield.

"Investment" ;)

Could, possibly. But won't, in all likelihood.

You mean if we sold all our decent players we could actually had a functional squad like Keegan wanted (with a lot less quality)?

Of course if Wise and Ashley had half a clue we could have had the functional squad and the quality as well....... "investment". B)

And continue on with the crippling wage bill? Maybe ask those players politely to take a wage cut?

I can understand why you are all like this because you are used to supporting a club willing to mortgage its future on the odd big name to keep the fans appeased.

They wage bill wasn't actually crippling us, it was about at the limit of what the club could support and beyond what was advisable, but that's a different kettle of fish.

Now relegation there's something that will cripple the club.....

But you're just trying to change the issue away from your "investment" bollocks, because you know it's bollocks as well. :lol:

I blame Happy Face for all this. MA started reading his posts last year when he was screaming for sensible spending in every thread he flirted with. ;)

I'm surprised he's not been mining all the steel out of all club owned concrete to "invest" in the scrap metal market.

Don't think even Happy Face would go that far. :lol:

I blame Happy Face for all this. MA started reading his posts last year when he was screaming for sensible spending in every thread he flirted with. ;)

I want the club to be sensible with my money.

You want them to bring in trophy signings with my money.

Good of Ashley to listen to his customer if it's the case.

:lol:

By the way, I've said it before, I'll say it again Collocinni's fee is the most this club has ever spent on a defender.

They wage bill wasn't actually crippling us, it was about at the limit of what the club could support and beyond what was advisable, but that's a different kettle of fish.

istock_000002694919xsmall.jpg

By the way, I've said it before, I'll say it again Collocinni's fee is the most this club has ever spent on a defender.

An alarm has just gone off in Leazes towers. B)

istock_000002694919xsmall.jpg

Well Leazes thinks Shepherd and Hall carpeted Newcastle with £20 notes while Ashley's spent his season ticket money at the roullette wheel.

Despite the fact the previous owners averaged less than £10M a year while in Europe for most of it and Ashley seems to have spent over £10M in a little over a year himself with no European income.

Is something broke, or have I stunned you all into silence. ;)

Here's one for you to use in the pub. In Ashley's 19 months at the club, the cost of inward transfers has been £44M.

In the Shepherds' last 19 months at the club, the cost of inward transfers were £17M.

hoo, Danny Blanchflower, selling your best players - or causing a situation where they want to leave - isn't progress. So stop patronising us and bugger off back to your 2nd rate club and the 30,000 gates.

oh dear.

Aren't you pleased Rooney signed for ManU while we are struggling to avoid relegation. They are really in the shit manu aren't they, 700m quid in debt or something. Sack the board.

You've got your non-trophy signings, but we are better off than manU aren't we ?

You really couldn't make up such a load of cliche ridden crap.

BTW, we broke our transfer record for a defender 3 times under the Halls and Shepherd.......didn't stop us buying other players too........

Peacock, Woodgate, Barton.....

Still, don;t let the facts get in the way of your opinion whatever you do

Edit : what you mean by "being sensible with money" is actually you want the manager to make good judgements, but I;m afraid in the real world, nobody can give such a guarantee

Edited by LeazesMag

Well Leazes thinks Shepherd and Hall carpeted Newcastle with £20 notes while Ashley's spent his season ticket money at the roullette wheel.

Despite the fact the previous owners averaged less than £10M a year while in Europe for most of it and Ashley seems to have spent over £10M in a little over a year himself with no European income.

he's spent it somewhere then. Nice to see that it isn't to try and avoid going down........never mind get back into europe.

Here's one for you to use in the pub. In Ashley's 19 months at the club, the cost of inward transfers has been £44M.

In the Shepherds' last 19 months at the club, the cost of inward transfers were £17M.

Seems like you're just manipulating stats to suit your argument. Will that do? B)

outgoings ?

The proof of the clubs ambition is also in the league positions, and how they react to situations, like a relegation fight as opposed to trying to get into europe.

Seems like you're just manipulating stats to suit your argument. Will that do? B)

nah, he wouldn't do that :icon_lol:

oh dear.

Aren't you pleased Rooney signed for ManU while we are struggling to avoid relegation. They are really in the shit manu aren't they, 700m quid in debt or something. Sack the board.

You've got your non-trophy signings, but we are better off than manU aren't we ?

BTW, we broke our transfer record for a defender 3 times under the Halls and Shepherd.......didn't stop us buying other players too........

Most Man U fans do want to sack the board, aye...

http://www.malcolmglazer.com/

B)

From MartinaMargarethe

Date 24-11-2008 6:43:32

Country US

Message Have been depressed as long as I can remember, since about 5 years old. Now 47.

Have tried numerous of new antidepressants, but all had side affects, generally sexual.

Problem: I'm currently running a warehouse. Work efficiently and effectively,

but my boss & office mgr. find it really weird that I can't remember specifics on orders I've worked on.

Are my concerns of memory loss due to antidepressants justified?

Thanks!

Typical Man Utd fan tbh.

Not so much manipulating them as framing them positively. I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

It's true that if you go back 21 months then Shepherd matches the £44M as Owen comes into the equation. Ashley has to spend something in January to keep his lead.

Not so much manipulating them as framing them positively. I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

It's true that if you go back 21 months then Shepherd matches the £44M as Owen comes into the equation. Ashley has to spend something in January to keep his lead.

Semantics ftw. Same difference.

oh dear.

B)

too many trophy signings then.

They will have to sell Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Tevez, Ferdinand, Vidic and Berbatov now.

That'll show them they should be buying a squad instead.

oh dear.

B)

They will have to sell Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Tevez, Ferdinand, Vidic and Berbatov now.

I've always said you should spend big from a position of success.

Expensive desparation buys don't work out.

You buy the best for the level you're at to move onwards and upwards, then you replace them with the best at the next level once you reach it.

The Halls/Shepherds never got to within halfway of the British transfer record until we'd almost won the league and were safely in the champions league.

oh dear.

B)

I've always said you should spend big from a position of success.

Expensive desparation buys don't work out.

You buy the best for the level you're at to move onwards and upwards, then you replace them with the best at the next level once you reach it.

The Halls/Shepherds never got to within halfway of the British transfer record until we'd almost won the league and were safely in the champions league.

Sorry but I don't agree.

I don't think reaching for the top players when you have the 3rd biggest crowd in the country [or we did under the Halls and Shepherd] and qualifying for europe on a regular basis, is so wrong in fact I think its a necessity to attempt to do it as often as possible.