My take on the future

peasepud

One thing I would say is that I wouldn't put comparing favourably against the previous regime as being my sole criteria for judging how well the current lot are doing. Although by virtually any criteria they're doing worse in any case.

Absolutley.

Personally I think the transfer cash being put up is the least of their shortcomings.

I think it's important though HF, in the sense that, if what I heard when KK arrived was accurate (and the other stuff at the time was, before it was public knowledge about the contract length etc.), he was sold a lie too in this regard.

That's one of the things I'd put above the actual cash being laid on, the lies they're happy to peddle to staff and customers alike for short term gain. Not even just from word of mouth but from official statements that blatantly contradict each other.

Aye. I'm not trying to push my ITK stuff here or anything. I've heard very little since KK was reportedly pissed off about Modric. But I was told he was told he had as much money as he wanted (when he joined). Obviously anything that isn't straight from the horse's mouth is liable to fall prey to Chinese whispers and so on. But I honestly think he was lied to and I think the official statements you're on about tend to back that up. I realise Ashley's situation financially might have changed too and I know KK isn't perfect for all I admire hime. But I think it shows where the greater burden of blame lies over what has gone wrong.

The picture you painted proved horribly accurate.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I would say is that I wouldn't put comparing favourably against the previous regime as being my sole criteria for judging how well the current lot are doing. Although by virtually any criteria they're doing worse in any case.

Absolutley.

Personally I think the transfer cash being put up is the least of their shortcomings.

I think it's important though HF, in the sense that, if what I heard when KK arrived was accurate (and the other stuff at the time was, before it was public knowledge about the contract length etc.), he was sold a lie too in this regard.

That's one of the things I'd put above the actual cash being laid on, the lies they're happy to peddle to staff and customers alike for short term gain. Not even just from word of mouth but from official statements that blatantly contradict each other.

Aye. I'm not trying to push my ITK stuff here or anything. I've heard very little since KK was reportedly pissed off about Modric. But I was told he was told he had as much money as he wanted (when he joined). Obviously anything that isn't straight from the horse's mouth is liable to fall prey to Chinese whispers and so on. But I honestly think he was lied to and I think the official statements you're on about tend to back that up. I realise Ashley's situation financially might have changed too and I know KK isn't perfect for all I admire hime. But I think it shows where the greater burden of blame lies over what has gone wrong.

I think that's probably right.

I actually went back through youtube and the like to view the stuff from when KK signed as I was certain Id seen Ashley or Mort actually state that KK had a blank cheque. Have to admit though that I couldnt find it from the KK unveiling, maybe it was some other interview.

Maybe he did have one, blank, as in unsigned that is. :lol:

'' I'm Perfectly happy and able to spend £25m on one player ''

KK

God knows what they were telling him. :lol:

Or what he was making up.....but if a bid was placed for Modric and Collicini thats 25mil right there.

I can't be bothered to argue but if you cross check various statements from Ashley/Wise and co it is pretty clear who was lying.

If you are on the wind up, fuck off.

If you are not, give your head a shake.

The principle is the same though. The goods purchased were for a different league to ours. It's like you classing the most expensive christmas present you've ever been bought, as something you paid £400 for your wife.

The ratio changes, but we weren't pulling off Rooney, Robinho, Berbatov type huge signings while on the up, however you remember it.

On your own terms, we were spending between half and three quarters of what other top English clubs had paid when we were up in third and sixth.

careful

The principle is the same though. The goods purchased were for a different league to ours. It's like you classing the most expensive christmas present you've ever been bought, as something you paid £400 for your wife.

The ratio changes, but we weren't pulling off Rooney, Robinho, Berbatov type huge signings while on the up, however you remember it.

On your own terms, we were spending between half and three quarters of what other top English clubs had paid when we were up in third and sixth.

careful

:lol:

one down :lol:
JFK will however announce at least once a week for the next 4 weeks that he has his eye on this player, that player and a couple of others, that the chairman is backing him on the transfer front and that nobody is going nowhere. Then from Christmas onwards he will go quiet and nothing other than "speculation that Owen/Martins/Given (*delete as applicable) is going nowhere." will be heard.

Looking very much like two down judging by today's piffle

• 2 weeks later...

Well here are my semi toon related predictions:

Allardyce will get the Sunderland job

Within weeks he will alude to the fact Sunderland fans are better and more patient than ours

He'll also proclaim at his press conference they could be bigger than Newcastle, and also go on about his flawless record

He will be royally abused at the Tyne/Wear derby

He'll sign at least two of his old Bolton players, one of them Kevin Nolan

Sunderland will play neanderthal football over the next few seasons but ultimately will stay in the division

• 3 weeks later...

So end of December and how am I doing?

January Transfer window.

Out

Owen (Man City, Spurs, Everton all sniffing),

N'Zogbia (Arsenal bidding allegedly)

Martins or Viduka (but probably Martins as he'll raise more cash).

Given (Arsenal bidding allegedly)

Geremi

Barton

(to date none of these contracts plus Shola, Butt, Harper and others have been agreed)

Taylor (Arsenal again, didnt see that one coming)

In

£2 - 3million keeper (Sheffield United's Paddy Kenny for 5m so I may end up being out here)

£3million forward

2 other cheap foreign shite players.

Kinnear will be given an extension to the end of the season.

Neither of the £10million players that JFK spoke about last week will appear.

Both have now been reported to have told us where to go.

No sale will take place before the end of the season as any prospective buyers will not want the risk of relegation.

(Confirmed as now taken off market)

Communications

Nothing will come out of the club officially. (Other than "club off market" statement this is spot on)

JFK will however announce at least once a week for the next 4 weeks that he has his eye on this player, that player and a couple of others, that the chairman is backing him on the transfer front and that nobody is going nowhere.

(I would say this has pretty much gone to form)

Then from Christmas onwards he will go quiet and nothing other than "speculation that Owen/Martins/Given (*delete as applicable) is going nowhere." will be heard.

(hmmm not sure here, he could be continuing the bullshit)

Then on February 6th he will want to resign but won't because he has nowhere else to go, as a result those that slagged off Keegan for walking will slag off JFK for not going.

Fans

People will continue to slate the NUSC and half of A/N other board will blame all of the above on NUSC and the fact that a couple of fans made banners before the Hull game. One old bloke who should know better will re-state that the parading of a "cockney mafia out" banner at Hull was the lowpoint of his entire time supporting the Toon while Baggy will continue to state that MA is the best chairman this club has ever had because "hes invested quarter of a billion of his own money into the club".(Taken as read frankly)

Current Laugh at Pud level:

30/12/08 - Absolute bastard silence.

January Transfer window.

Out

Geremi

Barton

(to date none of these contracts plus Shola, Butt, Harper and others have been agreed)

In

£2 - 3million keeper (Sheffield United's Paddy Kenny for 5m so I may end up being out here)

£3million forward

No sale will take place before the end of the season as any prospective buyers will not want the risk of relegation.

Communications

Nothing will come out of the club officially. (Other than "club off market" statement this is spot on)

JFK will however announce at least once a week for the next 4 weeks that he has his eye on this player, that player and a couple of others, that the chairman is backing him on the transfer front and that nobody is going nowhere.

Then from Christmas onwards he will go quiet and nothing other than "speculation that Owen/Martins/Given (*delete as applicable) is going nowhere." will be heard.

Then on February 6th he will want to resign but won't because he has nowhere else to go, as a result those that slagged off Keegan for walking will slag off JFK for not going.

Fans

People will continue to slate the NUSC and half of A/N other board will blame all of the above on NUSC and the fact that a couple of fans made banners before the Hull game. One old bloke who should know better will re-state that the parading of a "cockney mafia out" banner at Hull was the lowpoint of his entire time supporting the Toon while Baggy will continue to state that MA is the best chairman this club has ever had because "hes invested quarter of a billion of his own money into the club".(Taken as read frankly)

:icon_lol:

January Transfer window.

Out

Geremi

Barton

In

£3million forward

Communications

Fans

Just an aside, but it isn't half worrying when I find myself wondering if the 'one old bloke' is me, or not. Of course it's not me, but it's depressing for that moment when I realise I'm falling into that catagory. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Anyway, Pud, do I put my mortgage on us getting relegated or not ?????

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update.....

Midway through the transfer window and I could be wrong on a couple of things..... that'll teach me to be too optimistic! :devil:

January Transfer window.

Out

Owen (allegedly agreed a Summer move to Citeh so could be wrong here),

N'Zogbia (Will go anywhere but here, Spuds, Lyon and more sniffing)

Martins or Viduka (Martins injured but his agent has been making waves for a move).

Given (Citeh bound)

Geremi (Besiktas deal virtually signed sealed n delivered)

Barton (Bolton nearly had him, Portsmouth interested too)

(to date none of these contracts plus Butt, Harper and others have been agreed (Strolla has now signed a new 3 year one))

In

£2 - 3million keeper

£3million forward

(I could be well out here, currently looks like nobody is coming in other than on loans)

Communications

(well I was totally wrong here like, nobody could have foreseen the complete levels of absoulte shit that has been spouted almost hourly!)

Fans

People will continue to slate the NUSC and half of A/N other board will blame all of the above on NUSC and the fact that a couple of fans made banners before the Hull game. One old bloke who should know better will re-state that the parading of a "cockney mafia out" banner at Hull was the lowpoint of his entire time supporting the Toon (he then failed to mention that fact when he kissed the arse of the bloke who paraded it) while Baggy will continue to state that MA is the best chairman this club has ever had because "hes invested quarter of a billion of his own money into the club".(Even hes started to go quiet these days)

16/01/09 - If there is it cant be heard over the weeping from every sane Newcastle fan.