I think I know who the prospective American buyer is

Cid_MCDP

So ever since I read on the BBC site that the latest prospective NUFC buyer was an American group, I've been thinking about who it might be. There's a certain criteria that you have to apply to something like this- the first and most obvious being who the hell could afford the club. Takes away about 95% of the U.S. population right there. Obviously as a country, we're not all that into football, so that also removes a ton of folks too. There's relatively few UK ex-pats with the kind of money to do what we're talking about here, etc. etc.

After mulling it over for a few days, I think I've got it figured out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschutz_Entertainment_Group

I've been a L.A. Kings fan for going on 20 years now. These clowns took over around '98. They've finally kind of figured out they know nothing at all about hockey and have let the GM do his job, but man, those first five or six years, it was just a parade of has-beens and might-be's.

In any case, take it for what it's worth, but check out the wiki I've got linked there. You might end up coming around.