Cheaper day at the match?

Happy Face

From F365 forum....

Yesterday evening, with Mrs S out and the forum offline, I drafted this email and sent it to each Premier League club:

Sent: 25 November 2008

To: **** FC

Subject: Budget

Dear *****

As you will know, the Chancellor has announced a reduction in VAT from 17.5% to 15% effective next Monday, December 1st.

Since most of the goods and services that the football club sells (for example match tickets, club shop merchandise and fast food) are covered by this change, can you confirm whether or not this saving will be passed on to supporters?

Kind regards,

slothy

I shall keep the forum updated as and when I receive any responses

:lol:

Almost a pound off each ticket?

I'll not hold my breath.

Everton have cut their ticket prices by £1 following the Government's decision to reduce VAT.

Earlier this week the Chancellor Alistair Darling unveiled a series of measures in his pre-Budget report that he hopes will help to boost the ailing economy, including a VAT cut from 17.5% to 15% for 13 months.

Everton officials have responded by revealing that any ticket purchased on or after Monday, December 1 for games at Goodison Park will be at a new reduced price.

Acting chief executive Robert Elstone said: "We are very conscious of the economic climate and the potential for tough times ahead and felt it was right that the club go beyond the VAT impact and pass on a greater saving to the fans."

Half-season ticket prices will also change to reflect the new rate of VAT from the start of December.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everto...64375-22347764/

Nice one Everton